New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
deceived

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby deceived » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

ANorris wrote:I loved how Sharon looked with her hair in the "French Twist" at Crimson Lights when she was chatting with Noah. She looked stunning! The writing seems to be better for her now that she is not behaving like a loose cannon and is actually getting her life together! Finally we may get some redemption for Sharon...

ITA!! Sharon has looked happy and healthy lately. Glad she is running the cafe...hope she remodels the place and brightens it up.

wizzkid

Postby wizzkid » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:48 pm

So happy to see the writing for Sharon to be more real. It's hard to stay loyal to a show, when you don't recognize the character. It was also heart warming to have her and Nikki talk about a time when they were a force to be reckoned with. The story when Noah was born seems like only a few years ago. I'm showing my age I guess. :lol: I really just like to see them on screen together.

I'm excited to see what it is in store for her future. My guilty pleasure is back.

What are all the negative Nelly's going to whine about now? :lol: :lol:

deceived

Postby deceived » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:24 pm

wizzkid wrote:So happy to see the writing for Sharon to be more real. It's hard to stay loyal to a show, when you don't recognize the character. It was also heart warming to have her and Nikki talk about a time when they were a force to be reckoned with. The story when Noah was born seems like only a few years ago. I'm showing my age I guess. :lol: I really just like to see them on screen together.

I'm excited to see what it is in store for her future. My guilty pleasure is back.

Great post!!! :D

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm

wizzkid wrote:So happy to see the writing for Sharon to be more real. It's hard to stay loyal to a show, when you don't recognize the character. It was also heart warming to have her and Nikki talk about a time when they were a force to be reckoned with. The story when Noah was born seems like only a few years ago. I'm showing my age I guess. :lol: I really just like to see them on screen together.

I really grew to like sharon when she was being written into the gutter by MAB. But SC tackled that nonsense with perfection, and sharon ended up with a new fan of the character. I think its overkill now what they've done to sharon lately, and I am over it. At the core of sharon is a woman who is damaged but has a huge heart, none of that has changed IMO, but I am no longer interested in sharon adding the interest to nick's crappy relationships and for her to take the heat for his inability to own his ish and grow the heck up. That's gotta stop, enough permanently.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:17 pm

deceived wrote:
ANorris wrote:I loved how Sharon looked with her hair in the "French Twist" at Crimson Lights when she was chatting with Noah. She looked stunning! The writing seems to be better for her now that she is not behaving like a loose cannon and is actually getting her life together! Finally we may get some redemption for Sharon...

ITA!! Sharon has looked happy and healthy lately. Glad she is running the cafe...hope she remodels the place and brightens it up.

Sharon is in a better place since dylan left. I liked how she acknowledges how little time she's given to herself, b/c all of her relationships with men have been intense and all consuming for her. As sad as dylan leaving was, I am glad the relationship is over and sharon can move on.

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm

I have always been a Sharon fan, though both my sisters are not. On that front, we agree to disagree, but I will never let them bash her. No matter what storyline the writers give Sharon(even that horrific one where she married Victor), she always does the best she can. I get really upset when I see people bashing her, so I'm very thankful for this thread. I wish they would write her a good-girlfriend story like the relationship she used to have with Drucilla. With the exception of Phyllis & Lauren, the writers very rarely explore female relationships. They are important as well. Sharon is a trooper. Kudos to her.

deceived

Postby deceived » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:37 pm

lindaj18 wrote:I have always been a Sharon fan, though both my sisters are not. On that front, we agree to disagree, but I will never let them bash her. No matter what storyline the writers give Sharon(even that horrific one where she married Victor), she always does the best she can. I get really upset when I see people bashing her, so I'm very thankful for this thread. I wish they would write her a good-girlfriend story like the relationship she used to have with Drucilla. With the exception of Phyllis & Lauren, the writers very rarely explore female relationships. They are important as well. Sharon is a trooper. Kudos to her.

Actually, I liked the Victor S/L. When Victor was a no-show on their wedding night, she declared him dead and showed up at his memorial in a white chicken dress! :lol:

LDCOOL

Postby LDCOOL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Fire_Phy wrote:I love that Sharon never let's anyone stop her from doing anything. She has proved she can take what ever they throw at her and still stand on her feet. She's a fighter.

I agree. Sharon is strong.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

lindaj18 wrote:I have always been a Sharon fan, though both my sisters are not. On that front, we agree to disagree, but I will never let them bash her. No matter what storyline the writers give Sharon(even that horrific one where she married Victor), she always does the best she can. I get really upset when I see people bashing her, so I'm very thankful for this thread. I wish they would write her a good-girlfriend story like the relationship she used to have with Drucilla. With the exception of Phyllis & Lauren, the writers very rarely explore female relationships. They are important as well. Sharon is a trooper. Kudos to her.

The bashing of sharon is rooted in nick not ever loving Phyllis like he did sharon. It doesn't bother me, its great for the character and the actress to continue to be a number one topic with MOST of the viewers here. Sharon has always been good at garnering attention and bringing the drama, and throughout most of the characters history, she didn't have to be extreme to do it. What I don't like is how OOC writers have made her over the years, and majority of the reason its done is to continue to coddle and protect the nick character from being seen as anything but a hero. They failed miserably at this, b/c despite what you read here, many viewers are fed up with it and its made nick far more unlikeable than he's ever been before. This is one of the main things I have had enough of, I am not going to continue to watch nonsense like that anymore.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:29 pm

LDCOOL wrote:
Fire_Phy wrote:I love that Sharon never let's anyone stop her from doing anything. She has proved she can take what ever they throw at her and still stand on her feet. She's a fighter.

I agree. Sharon is strong.

What I find the most interesting is that she is strong, but her strength isn't loud, it isn't brazen, but its just as powerful. She's the type of character you don't even see coming, I love that about her.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”