Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Backstreet

Re: Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Postby Backstreet » Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Quote Villy89:
Quote Sinny230:
Quote Benay:
Quote Glamma5993: I was talking to the other Phyllis Pill Popper not you hon!

Real classy!

LMAO another one of those sweet sharon fans huh

Don't you get too old and tired of trolling these boards, picking fights and instigating? You remind so much of Phyllis, childish and petty with a big mouth. Btw, why are you allowed on this board? Aren't you suppose to be ban for good? Where are the mods when we need them to do their job? Posters, please help me to report this troll. ~)

My suggestion is that if you don't like what you read, just pass over it. You want to fight or you wouldn't be taking out after her. I think that everyone who is being attacked by the Phaters on this board have just about enough and like I said before, everyone has had enough! If you don't like it, get your thumb out of your mouth and grow up and move on. Life is too short for this kind of junk!

budhardt3

Postby budhardt3 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

Please don't think I'm rude, but I always find it funny when people say they are not going to watch the show any longer....you always find them posting a few days later with comments about the last episode.

We all have to be honest and admit that Y&R is like an accident on the highway................we don't WANT to look, but we always slow down and stare at the wreckage.

This show is the same...we love to hate....but, no matter how much you bash the characters, storylines or writers, they keep up talking and watching. We just can't stop ourselves.

Villy89

Postby Villy89 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Quote Backstreet:
Quote Villy89:
Quote Sinny230:
Quote Benay:

Real classy!

Don't you get too old and tired of trolling these boards, picking fights and instigating? You remind so much of Phyllis, childish and petty with a big mouth. Btw, why are you allowed on this board? Aren't you suppose to be ban for good? Where are the mods when we need them to do their job? Posters, please help me to report this troll. ~)

My suggestion is that if you don't like what you read, just pass over it. You want to fight or you wouldn't be taking out after her. I think that everyone who is being attacked by the Phaters on this board have just about enough and like I said before, everyone has had enough! If you don't like it, get your thumb out of your mouth and grow up and move on. Life is too short for this kind of junk!

The most annoying thing about you(Gencor) is that you love dishing out advice, making yourself seem mature and grown up but I know better. You're a Sharon Case hater, a foul mouth, individual who has been ban from this board and other boards because you poster bash and actress bash. Don't preach the holier than thou filth to me Gencor, and for the last time, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE. You should have told Sinny to take her thumb out of her mouth and pass over the other post instead of jumping other posters. Get a life Gencor. Btw, posters, help me report Blackstreet/Gencor, she's a troll on this message board too and should be ban for good. Thank you all.

Starlight77

Postby Starlight77 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

Excellent Post!!!! ICAM! ;)

Backstreet

Postby Backstreet » Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Quote Villy89:
Quote Backstreet:
Quote Villy89:
Quote Sinny230:
Quote Benay:

Real classy!

The most annoying thing about you(Gencor) is that you love dishing out advice, making yourself seem mature and grown up but I know better. You're a Sharon Case hater, a foul mouth, individual who has been ban from this board and other boards because you poster bash and actress bash. Don't preach the holier than thou filth to me Gencor, and for the last time, TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE. You should have told Sinny to take her thumb out of her mouth and pass over the other post instead of jumping other posters. Get a life Gencor. Btw, posters, help me report Blackstreet/Gencor, she's a troll on this message board too and should be ban for good. Thank you all.

If you didn't want to fight you wouldn't be here, so when uou sit here and say what you don't like about my post, because you don't even know me, you are trying to bait me. You want to fight with me and other Phyllis fans and you can't stand it because I don't let you or anyone else here bully me! I never will allow that. As I said, get your thumb out of your mouth, grow up and learn to play with the other children on the playground! If you can't take the fact that Phyllis fans are on this board, then get off it yourself! Stop trying to run off fans that have every right to be here! This isn't your board! It is a public board and everyone is welcome here!

Squish

Postby Squish » Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Quote jcren: It has always been "The Phyllis Show" -- this is nothing new. It getting beating over our heads more because she is ALWAYS THERE.

Last night the episode counts for the last two years were posted and it's not even close to being the Phyllis Show it is still and will be until EB decides otherwise the Victor Newman Show.

Squish

Postby Squish » Thu May 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Quote Blue 501:
Quote Its not real:

The bolded part above is what bothers me the most.

I do think we are getting a bit of Phyllis overload right now. Her over the top, arm flapping, crazed stare, acting is best taken in small doses. Now, with this stalked by Ricky/ Phyllis past s/l, following on the heels of the Daisy/custody s/l, and the hated-dying-father s/l is just too much frenzied flapping and repeating in a row.

However, I'm much more bothered by the degradation of the character development on this show than by any overage of Phyllis.

The characters used to have indivdual personalities and acted, for the most part, in ways that fit in with those personalities. Sure, every now and then one character might have a life changing experience that caused them to alter their outlook or behave in a new way but, those changes were usually explained and part of the story ( the recent Adam blindness, leading to him re-evaluating who he wants to be is being done like that).

Now however, so many characters just act completely unlike themselves, with no logic or explanation behind it. It's really pointless to get invested in or care about characters who can do or be anything at any time, pointless to try to figure out where they might go next, when they do all sorts of things with no apparent motivation at all.

Yes, they have tried to make them all seem like Phyllis including the couch/door/wall//desk top sex. They must think it's a winning formula. I don't think so at all. And the number of viewers continues to drop while the band plays "Amazing Grace" on the foredeck and eyes the last life jackets.

I saw a recent interview where one of the actors was talking about the everywhere but a bed sex and they said that the reason for that is budget cuts. Which makes sense. So now we all know it has nothing to do with the characters or any message from the writers it's all about the money. >)

Benay

Postby Benay » Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Quote Villy89:
Quote Backstreet:
Quote Villy89:
Quote Sinny230:
Quote Benay:

Real classy!

Are you the troll police?

Squish

Postby Squish » Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Quote Benay: Are you the troll police?

It must be exhausting work. :D

yandrfan99

Postby yandrfan99 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Quote Benay:

I'm sorry but I don't see Phyllis living the happy ever after fairy tail. Her son is married to a psycho, she's being stalked by a psycho, and her past is getting ready to smack her right in the face-how is her life being glorified? I know you don't want Sharon brought up but the Phyllis fans sat through months of the Sharon show last year with the snooze fest of her being in jail an then on the farm. I didn't threaten to not watch anymore just because the s/l wasn't wrapped around my favorite.

Actually even when it was about Sharon Phyllis still saved the day. In the end it was Phyllis who oh my gosh yet again saved Sharon. It is always about Phyllis she is in her s/ls and she is in most of the other s/ls too.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”