Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
bukopandan

Re: Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Postby bukopandan » Thu May 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Quote jcren: It has always been "The Phyllis Show" -- this is nothing new. It getting beating over our heads more because she is ALWAYS THERE.

And, for this reason, the last name I'd ever name my child is Phyllis, and I would talk anyone I know out of it!! No offense to any posters with the name, but I think you understand where I'm coming from. :D

JUJU41

Postby JUJU41 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm

I think Phyllis is getting on everyone's last nerve. Can't Nick see how wacky she has been acting with her over expressive facial expressions and hand and arms jerking and waving around. The girl needs help. Great Job Michelle Stafford!

shoozeyque2

Postby shoozeyque2 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Quote JUJU41: I think Phyllis is getting on everyone's last nerve. Can't Nick see how wacky she has been acting with her over expressive facial expressions and hand and arms jerking and waving around. The girl needs help. Great Job Michelle Stafford!

________

MS is doing a great job in making us hate Phyllis soooooooo much and be so sick of her and her facial and arm expressions, like another poster said.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Quote feronie: I agree; after she was acting so silly when she was talking to Avery today, I switched channels and watched Michelle Obama and Rachael Ray in the garden at the White House.

I am so tired of Phyllis!!!!!

I wish I had known. That sounds way more interesting.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Quote Benay:
Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

I'm sorry but I don't see Phyllis living the happy ever after fairy tail. Her son is married to a psycho, she's being stalked by a psycho, and her past is getting ready to smack her right in the face-how is her life being glorified? I know you don't want Sharon brought up but the Phyllis fans sat through months of the Sharon show last year with the snooze fest of her being in jail an then on the farm. I didn't threaten to not watch anymore just because the s/l wasn't wrapped around my favorite.

Sharon fans did not like it either. Nor did I like her out there playing
Green Acres" with the vet & the baby sheep and/or goat. If I thought that was all we were going to get any time soon I would be out of here too.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Quote Its not real:
Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

The bolded part above is what bothers me the most.

I do think we are getting a bit of Phyllis overload right now. Her over the top, arm flapping, crazed stare, acting is best taken in small doses. Now, with this stalked by Ricky/ Phyllis past s/l, following on the heels of the Daisy/custody s/l, and the hated-dying-father s/l is just too much frenzied flapping and repeating in a row.

However, I'm much more bothered by the degradation of the character development on this show than by any overage of Phyllis.

The characters used to have indivdual personalities and acted, for the most part, in ways that fit in with those personalities. Sure, every now and then one character might have a life changing experience that caused them to alter their outlook or behave in a new way but, those changes were usually explained and part of the story ( the recent Adam blindness, leading to him re-evaluating who he wants to be is being done like that).

Now however, so many characters just act completely unlike themselves, with no logic or explanation behind it. It's really pointless to get invested in or care about characters who can do or be anything at any time, pointless to try to figure out where they might go next, when they do all sorts of things with no apparent motivation at all.

Yes, they have tried to make them all seem like Phyllis including the couch/door/wall//desk top sex. They must think it's a winning formula. I don't think so at all. And the number of viewers continues to drop while the band plays "Amazing Grace" on the foredeck and eyes the last life jackets.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Quote ismile4u: Maybe Phillis will lose her baby with all the stress from Ricky. She doesn't need any more kids!

They might have her lose both Daniel & the blueberry and then we will all have to forgive poor, forlorn Phyllis, who has lost so much.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Quote simscb:
Quote Ms Ayers:

Most of the writers from LML's days are still on Y&R writing the way she would have wanted it somewhat. It was the dam Phyllis Show then and it is now. And i have to believe that someone really hates SC and wants her to leave the set.

It's no secret that Maria Arena Bell DESPISES Melody Thomas Scott and Sharon Case. In real life, MTS and SC are very close friends. Hope that answers what you said.

Thank you Sim, for confirming what I have suspected. It's a shame she can't show more professionalism.

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Quote Blue 501:
Quote simscb:
Quote Ms Ayers:

Most of the writers from LML's days are still on Y&R writing the way she would have wanted it somewhat. It was the dam Phyllis Show then and it is now. And i have to believe that someone really hates SC and wants her to leave the set.

It's no secret that Maria Arena Bell DESPISES Melody Thomas Scott and Sharon Case. In real life, MTS and SC are very close friends. Hope that answers what you said.

Thank you Sim, for confirming what I have suspected. It's a shame she can't show more professionalism.

How does anyone know she doesn't like them personally ? Just curious.

Benay

Postby Benay » Thu May 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Quote Glamma5993: When did I state I had a favorite? I re-read my post, and I just didn't see that. That is the problem with this board-No one can make a post w/out the Phyllis brigade jumping on board to help prop her up some more. You have no reason to do that: the writers, the Phick fans, etc.. have their way. I didn't enjoy Sharon's storyline last year either. I haven't liked the direction Sharon has taken in years. It is POSSIBLE to not like Phyllis' character, without liking Sharon's character either. GET A GRIP. You have your way. Watch away and enjoy. simmer down.

Since this post is obviously directed at me: I reread my post too. I didn't say anywhere in my post that Sharon or any other character was your favorite. I said I didn't stop watching when my fav wasn't on everyday. And just as you mentioned how you are over Phyllis I was stating I felt the same way when boring Sharon was on everyday. I was also pointing out that Phyllis' life is not all roses. By the way, Billy and Vicki, Cane and Lily, Sharon and Victor, Michael and Lauren, Adam and Chelsea, and Jack and Nikki (I stopped there) all seem to have romance in their lives too. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”