Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
ismile4u

Re: Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Postby ismile4u » Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Maybe Phillis will lose her baby with all the stress from Ricky. She doesn't need any more kids!

shoozeyque2

Postby shoozeyque2 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm

Quote Benay:
Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

I'm sorry but I don't see Phyllis living the happy ever after fairy tail. Her son is married to a psycho, she's being stalked by a psycho, and her past is getting ready to smack her right in the face-how is her life being glorified? I know you don't want Sharon brought up but the Phyllis fans sat through months of the Sharon show last year with the snooze fest of her being in jail an then on the farm. I didn't threaten to not watch anymore just because the s/l wasn't wrapped around my favorite.

____

Not to mention her son, Daniel, is no prize package either.

just diva

Postby just diva » Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Quote Glamma5993: When did I state I had a favorite? I re-read my post, and I just didn't see that. That is the problem with this board-No one can make a post w/out the Phyllis brigade jumping on board to help prop her up some more. You have no reason to do that: the writers, the Phick fans, etc.. have their way. I didn't enjoy Sharon's storyline last year either. I haven't liked the direction Sharon has taken in years. It is POSSIBLE to not like Phyllis' character, without liking Sharon's character either. GET A GRIP. You have your way. Watch away and enjoy. simmer down.

No you didn't say you had a favorite. I read your post and I do agree with it. The Phyllis fans just read anything with her name not being mentioned the way they want it to and all hello will break out. Like I've said, the writing is bad all the way around. The writing for Sharon has been awful for a long time as well. Yes they need to Get a Grip.

Glamma5993

Postby Glamma5993 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 pm

I was talking to the other Phyllis Pill Popper not you hon!

Ms Ayers

Postby Ms Ayers » Thu May 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

Most of the writers from LML's days are still on Y&R writing the way she would have wanted it somewhat. It was the dam Phyllis Show then and it is now. And i have to believe that someone really hates SC and wants her to leave the set.

Its not real

Postby Its not real » Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 pm

The bolded part above is what bothers me the most.

I do think we are getting a bit of Phyllis overload right now. Her over the top, arm flapping, crazed stare, acting is best taken in small doses. Now, with this stalked by Ricky/ Phyllis past s/l, following on the heels of the Daisy/custody s/l, and the hated-dying-father s/l is just too much frenzied flapping and repeating in a row.

However, I'm much more bothered by the degradation of the character development on this show than by any overage of Phyllis.

The characters used to have indivdual personalities and acted, for the most part, in ways that fit in with those personalities. Sure, every now and then one character might have a life changing experience that caused them to alter their outlook or behave in a new way but, those changes were usually explained and part of the story ( the recent Adam blindness, leading to him re-evaluating who he wants to be is being done like that).

Now however, so many characters just act completely unlike themselves, with no logic or explanation behind it. It's really pointless to get invested in or care about characters who can do or be anything at any time, pointless to try to figure out where they might go next, when they do all sorts of things with no apparent motivation at all.

hollywoodsmth

Postby hollywoodsmth » Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Is Phyllis leaving? oh please say YES... SHE MAKES NICK LOOK LIKE a kid that does not know what to do. ~) Makes Phyllis look like a old women,trying to look ~) young and please NO MORE love making. %( her arms are sooo long

Glamma5993

Postby Glamma5993 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Phyllis leaving? Are you kidding? the only people who are leaving are VIEWERS by the thousands! One would "think" that with all the Phyllis storylines, there would be an Emmy nod...I don't think I saw that...

simscb

Postby simscb » Thu May 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Quote Ms Ayers:

Most of the writers from LML's days are still on Y&R writing the way she would have wanted it somewhat. It was the dam Phyllis Show then and it is now. And i have to believe that someone really hates SC and wants her to leave the set.

It's no secret that Maria Arena Bell DESPISES Melody Thomas Scott and Sharon Case. In real life, MTS and SC are very close friends. Hope that answers what you said.

Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Quote Benay:

I'm sorry but I don't see Phyllis living the happy ever after fairy tail. Her son is married to a psycho, she's being stalked by a psycho, and her past is getting ready to smack her right in the face-how is her life being glorified? I know you don't want Sharon brought up but the Phyllis fans sat through months of the Sharon show last year with the snooze fest of her being in jail an then on the farm. I didn't threaten to not watch anymore just because the s/l wasn't wrapped around my favorite.

LMAO

Return to “The Young and the Restless”