Y&R fires Ashley but keeps Tucker? WTH?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Dshafky2

Re: Y&R fires Ashley but keeps Tucker? WTH?

Postby Dshafky2 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:28 pm

^^It's natural for fans to show support for their favorites but that doesn't mean there are not other characters on the show that I enjoy. I'm not just a Tucker fan even though it's obvious he's my fav. I enjoy Jack, Phyllis, Billy, Katherine, Jill, ....etc. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the Newman clan. I for one try not to pidgeon hole fans and make assumptions just because they clearly enjoy watching a particular character.

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:28 pm

WOW, what a suprise another thread that goes from talking about the characters to BASHINGactors/actresses(SN and GF)and then dnegrates to name-calling of posters. >)

I hope administration CLOSES this thread!

Good luck to ED in her career pursuit and I hope she enjoys the extra time with her family before she goes back to work!

She did a heck-of-a-job over on DOOL portraying like 5-6 DIFFERENT characters!

PhylFan

Postby PhylFan » Wed May 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Quote mollyandwally:
Quote PhylFan:
Quote HeyMon:
Quote Dshafky2: ^^^Could you be any more full of crap with a comment like that? Probably not. Stephen hasn't "killed" anyone's career.

Sorry, no one likes Stephen Tucker who has watched Y&R for more than 2 years. SN has this loyal core of women who follow him from show to show...

8) I had no idea I was "no one" 8) ~)

What a rude statement.

I guess we will see how gracious you are if CBS hires new management and fires Phyliss/MS. It's so easy to be above it all when your favorite is TPTB's favorite. GMAB

WTH - I don't get how one actor/actress getting fired justifies attacking another and their fans! The hatred you have for SN is just plain scary.

LauraStefan

Postby LauraStefan » Wed May 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Quote mollyandwally:
Quote LauraStefan: I find the character of Ashley extremely boring,nothing against the actress. I also happen to like the character of Tucker and the actor who plays him. Stephen is a first rate actor who shines with everyone he stars opposite,I don't feel he's dragged or carried anyone of his costars down. I for one like the relationship he's been having with Katherine very much. :)

I wouldn't expect you too since your name seems to say you are a big fan of Laura-Stefan from GH. Are you just waiting for Tucker/GenV? Well I sure hope Tucker doesn't drag your Laura down because from what I've heard most of the magic was in the anticipation of Laura/Stephan and once they actually got together they were a dud.

I can't imagine anyone would enjoy a 61 year old man yelling in the face of and elderly 83 yer old woman, but whatever.

The Katherine Chancellor I've watched since 1973 was a vibrant complex character,a smart determined woman with loads of spirit and humor, she has been subdued and toned down to be Tucker's prop. It's just sickening! She is so much more than Tucker's mother and I hate that Tucker character for ruining her and the Chancellor family.
Sorry to disagree,not nice bashing another person - very low class because you don't like them. I started watching when Genie joined the show and was thrilled to find out Stephen was on as well. I think they have alot of chemistry but they haven't been given many scenes together and the show hasn't given them much of a storyline yet to work with. The actors can only do what is written for them so be mad at the writers and the show,it's so ridiculous to insult someone you don't even know.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Quote PhylFan:
Quote mollyandwally:
Quote PhylFan:
Quote HeyMon:
Quote Dshafky2: ^^^Could you be any more full of crap with a comment like that? Probably not. Stephen hasn't "killed" anyone's career.

Sorry, no one likes Stephen Tucker who has watched Y&R for more than 2 years. SN has this loyal core of women who follow him from show to show...

8) I had no idea I was "no one" 8) ~)

What a rude statement.

I guess we will see how gracious you are if CBS hires new management and fires Phyliss/MS. It's so easy to be above it all when your favorite is TPTB's favorite. GMAB

WTH - I don't get how one actor/actress getting fired justifies attacking another and their fans! The hatred you have for SN is just plain scary.

I didn't attack SN but SN's Tucker as a way to differentiate him from WR's Tucker who was really a different character. SN's Tucker is dark, mean and sleazy. If WR's Tucker was playing the sleezy old playboy who treats woman like crap I'd be saying the same thing.

I do however think SN is miscast as a billionaire & Chancellor. The casting is off for a male to play between Katherine and Jill. That's not a bash, it's a criticism of casting. I think SN may have been a good down and out /victim type character., but he's just not the right actor with Kay and/or Jill and I have NEVER said that about any other addition to the Chancellor family.

lovinthesoaps

Postby lovinthesoaps » Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Ashley is being sidelined because she has no personal story in the works. Having her sit behind a desk with zero personal life makes her boring. Tucker has been connected through business and family so he still has future story potential. Ashley is a major character..... I am sure she will be back sometime. All three actors are great, its just the nature of soaps.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Quote LauraStefan:
Quote mollyandwally:
Quote LauraStefan: I find the character of Ashley extremely boring,nothing against the actress. I also happen to like the character of Tucker and the actor who plays him. Stephen is a first rate actor who shines with everyone he stars opposite,I don't feel he's dragged or carried anyone of his costars down. I for one like the relationship he's been having with Katherine very much. :)

I wouldn't expect you too since your name seems to say you are a big fan of Laura-Stefan from GH. Are you just waiting for Tucker/GenV? Well I sure hope Tucker doesn't drag your Laura down because from what I've heard most of the magic was in the anticipation of Laura/Stephan and once they actually got together they were a dud.

I can't imagine anyone would enjoy a 61 year old man yelling in the face of and elderly 83 yer old woman, but whatever.

The Katherine Chancellor I've watched since 1973 was a vibrant complex character,a smart determined woman with loads of spirit and humor, she has been subdued and toned down to be Tucker's prop. It's just sickening! She is so much more than Tucker's mother and I hate that Tucker character for ruining her and the Chancellor family.
Sorry to disagree,not nice bashing another person - very low class because you don't like them. I started watching when Genie joined the show and was thrilled to find out Stephen was on as well. I think they have alot of chemistry but they haven't been given many scenes together and the show hasn't given them much of a storyline yet to work with. The actors can only do what is written for them so be mad at the writers and the show,it's so ridiculous to insult someone you don't even know.

I'm not bashing you I am disagreeing and pointing out that you are probably new to the show. How could a viewer new to the show know if a new character was dragging a long time character down? Jill & Katherine were fantastic for over 35 years if someone wasn't watching them how can they make a comparison to the past, if they weren't watching in the past??

levann

Postby levann » Wed May 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Quote mollyandwally:
Quote LauraStefan:
Quote mollyandwally:

I'm not bashing you I am disagreeing and pointing out that you are probably new to the show. How could a viewer new to the show know if a new character was dragging a long time character down? Jill & Katherine were fantastic for over 35 years if someone wasn't watching them how can they make a comparison to the past, if they weren't watching in the past??

I will point out that what used to be is no longer relevant because it's over. The show and the characters are being judged on what people see now and that isn't much... Sentimentality doesn't bring in new viewers or even keep all of the older ones.

PatchsGirl1971

Postby PatchsGirl1971 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Quote HeyMon:
Quote mollyandwally: I knew Ashley was a bore for the last two years but being paired with Tucker just killed her! Why is she fired and not him? Obviously the experts/peers don't think he's that great an actor all these years in the business and he couldn't even get an Emmy nomination with only 5 soaps in the running.

ASHLEY/ED was hitting home runs during the losing Faith story. SHE WAS FANTASTIC! As soon as they paired her up with Tucker she died.

Which is no surprise , SN's Tucker dragged on Jill for the short time she had to carry him, and he just RUINS Katherine Chancellor! The GOLD standard is Jill-Katherine, Katherine/Tucker SUCK!

Stephen Nichols the Career Killer!! Every time he joins a daytime drama, I leave. Patch? What a joke he was on DAYS.

Stephen Nichols is one of the best daytime actors ever! He has made every role he's ever played his own especially when he has the writing to back it up. Blaming him for ED being let go is ridiculous.

Dshafky2

Postby Dshafky2 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Quote mollyandwally:
Quote LauraStefan:
Quote mollyandwally:

I would suggest that it's perception whether or not a character is 'dragging' someone down and it has nothing to do with how long a viewer has watched. I certainly don't see that. Please remember that you are not the only long time viewer of Y&R. Admittedly I stopped watching in the late 90's but I was there when the show was in it's heyday. I still remember watching Katherine drive the car off the cliff with Phillip in it. I remember the first day that Victor appeared on the canvas. Viewers that have come back to the show or even new viewers are not chopped liver and should be just as much considered fans as anyone else watching the show.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”