Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cdhg

Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Quote TheDuchesss:
Quote Axl Rose: Colin Egglesfield he would be perfect as Adam considering he played Josh Madden on All My Children

I agree with this as well as MCW!! I wish they would hurry up and make a choice already! "The Hand" is getting to be very annoying for fans!!

Welcome to the Chadam Fan Thread. Good post for post number 31,000 of the thread.

TwoOfEach

Postby TwoOfEach » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm just so sick and tired of the Hand and Billy. Hoping that Chelly decide to be just friends and she's moved out of his orbit when Chelsea gets back from LA. Probably just wishful thinking.

I think Adam will be back soon.

TwoOfEach

Postby TwoOfEach » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:23 pm

And a big welcome to TheDutchess. Always glad for more people to join our thread.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:21 pm

From the Canadian recap that I read, it sounds like the theme of the episode was the Villy/Sticky triangle centering around Stitch’s exposed secret and thinking his life is ruined, Billy’s drama, and Victoria not wanting do the paternity test. It sounded like the other characters were there to support that triangle storyline with Dylan getting to be the moral compass regarding Stitch and his lie.

Chelsea had scenes with Kevin and Billy. With Stitch’s false identity that also affected the medical stuff at the hospital. Kevin told Chelsea there was more and gave her documents. Billy stopped by discussing Stitch being exposed and Chelsea told him there was more and that she kept info from him due to fear of him going back to Vicky.

I guess the defining their relationship stuff centers around their feelings since Chelsea mentioned fear of him going back to Vicky. Billy mentioned to Jill that if the child is his he has a shot at reuniting with Victoria. Either Chelly discuss having feelings, continue the physical stuff and keep doing their relationship as they have been doing, move forward, or keep things like they are since Victoria is not wanting to have a paternity test with Billy possibly wanting to wait that out by either continuing with Chelsea with possible feelings becoming stronger or things becoming serious, or either one or both stepping back. I guess if they step back, they could then start back up again. I guess Billy could want more physical stuff after what sounded like some tense scenes with others like Jill and Victoria. He might appreciate Chelsea being honest with him about why she did not tell him about Stitch. He shouldn't be too upset, since he did told her he did not want to know and has been spending intimate time with her and thus should understand and possibly accept blame.

Chelsea is in a tough situation in that if Billy keeps up the status quo wanting certain things with Chelsea while still wanting Victoria back, then Chelsea could possibly become too attached and desperate due to being lonely and not wanting to be hurt. She was honest with Billy in the episode, it sounds, and that honestly could continue or possibly not.

I do hope the writers play the beats of Chelsea learning more about the night of the accident and Billy either being secretive or not open should that come up with eventually Chelsea learning about Adam wanting to turn himself in and everything that went down between him and Billy. I do not want that to be ignored and/or Chelsea just accepting that Billy was in grief. I think there are some interesting beats to be played there. Even though it was not Victoria’s responsibility to tell Adam that he was the father of Chelsea’s baby last year, I thought some interesting possible scenes were missed in regards to Adam learning of Victoria knowing about that ahead of time.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:41 pm

If Connor’s birthday is recognized on the show and it should be that should be taking place either late next week or during the early part of the following week. I will be curious if others will be at the PH with Chelsea for Connor’s birthday or if they will have a party somewhere else. I guess Chelsea could just spend time alone with Connor, but I could see the nursery being used and the Hand making an appearance and maybe even the henchman stopping by for some reason.

I could see people such as Billy, Victor, Dylan, Jack, Anita, and Kevin being there, whether invited or not. I am not saying all would be there, but I could see certain ones being there and in the nursery. It is hard to picture Billy not stopping by. Even if he did not know it was Connor’s birthday or wasn’t invited, I could see Chelsea telling him or inviting him or I could see him remembering it. I guess that could be bonding time with him and Chelsea if he gets Connor a gift and does something nice for Connor and/or Chelsea. I could see Dylan having some scene time with Chelsea since he delivered the baby and it happened right after they got married. Adam has yet to see Victor in the nursery, but I guess seeing Dylan there could have an affect and of course seeing Billy in there again would have an affect if it involved more Chelly bonding time and gifts for Connor.

Obviously, I am not a fan of Chelly, but I guess I can tolerate them more than Chylan. I could tolerate Chelsea being around Billy until Adam returns than I could seeing Chylan again. I could see Chylan getting some scenes to upset Avery and cause Davery angst since Davery are having more issues now, but thankfully I do not really see any story for Chylan on the canvas and considering they have Dylan all upset about people lying and how they downplayed Chelsea being at the hospital to see Dylan as more about digging up dirt on Stitch and actually not even having any scenes with him at the hospital. I could tolerate Chylan scenes more if it did not involve Chelsea praising the guy and the Adam/Dylan comparisons with the Dylan propping stuff. They have only had scenes together in two episodes to date for the year with very brief stuff in one of those episodes. Anyways, I think it looks that Chadam and Villy and the individual characters will be more in each other’s orbits for a while with the Sticky/Chelly quad and the Hand serving that purpose for the time being.

I like Chelsea and Kevin’s scenes and could see a friendship develop there. I would not want anything romantic between the two and would want that to remain platonic. I would like to see Chelsea get more scenes again with Victor and Jack on occasion. It would be nice if Chelsea got more fashion stuff to do as well.

I find it disappointing that they did not have an Adam in place and back for Connor’s first birthday.

jamilah

Postby jamilah » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Quote cdhg: From the Canadian recap that I read, it sounds like the theme of the episode was the Villy/Sticky triangle centering around Stitch’s exposed secret and thinking his life is ruined, Billy’s drama, and Victoria not wanting do the paternity test. It sounded like the other characters were there to support that triangle storyline with Dylan getting to be the moral compass regarding Stitch and his lie.

Chelsea had scenes with Kevin and Billy. With Stitch’s false identity that also affected the medical stuff at the hospital. Kevin told Chelsea there was more and gave her documents. Billy stopped by discussing Stitch being exposed and Chelsea told him there was more and that she kept info from him due to fear of him going back to Vicky.

I guess the defining their relationship stuff centers around their feelings since Chelsea mentioned fear of him going back to Vicky. Billy mentioned to Jill that if the child is his he has a shot at reuniting with Victoria. Either Chelly discuss having feelings, continue the physical stuff and keep doing their relationship as they have been doing, move forward, or keep things like they are since Victoria is not wanting to have a paternity test with Billy possibly wanting to wait that out by either continuing with Chelsea with possible feelings becoming stronger or things becoming serious, or either one or both stepping back. I guess if they step back, they could then start back up again. I guess Billy could want more physical stuff after what sounded like some tense scenes with others like Jill and Victoria. He might appreciate Chelsea being honest with him about why she did not tell him about Stitch. He shouldn't be too upset, since he did told her he did not want to know and has been spending intimate time with her and thus should understand and possibly accept blame.

Chelsea is in a tough situation in that if Billy keeps up the status quo wanting certain things with Chelsea while still wanting Victoria back, then Chelsea could possibly become too attached and desperate due to being lonely and not wanting to be hurt. She was honest with Billy in the episode, it sounds, and that honestly could continue or possibly not.

I do hope the writers play the beats of Chelsea learning more about the night of the accident and Billy either being secretive or not open should that come up with eventually Chelsea learning about Adam wanting to turn himself in and everything that went down between him and Billy. I do not want that to be ignored and/or Chelsea just accepting that Billy was in grief. I think there are some interesting beats to be played there. Even though it was not Victoria’s responsibility to tell Adam that he was the father of Chelsea’s baby last year, I thought some interesting possible scenes were missed in regards to Adam learning of Victoria knowing about that ahead of time.

Spoilers next week have Billy telling Vicky he will do anything to get his family back so I don't think Chelly will be talking about getting more serious this week. The Villy scene on the CDN was actually good, it was obvious they are giving them some tender moments and less fighting. I hope Adam will be cast soon.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Quote jamilah:
Quote cdhg: From the Canadian recap that I read, it sounds like the theme of the episode was the Villy/Sticky triangle centering around Stitch’s exposed secret and thinking his life is ruined, Billy’s drama, and Victoria not wanting do the paternity test. It sounded like the other characters were there to support that triangle storyline with Dylan getting to be the moral compass regarding Stitch and his lie.

Spoilers next week have Billy telling Vicky he will do anything to get his family back so I don't think Chelly will be talking about getting more serious this week. The Villy scene on the CDN was actually good, it was obvious they are giving them some tender moments and less fighting. I hope Adam will be cast soon.

Thanks for the mention of the spoiler and the recap on the Villy scene.

Of course, Victoria may shut him down again with him running to Chelsea or tell him to stay away from Chelsea which would seem like a plot point trap. He might be like Chelsea is my friend or sure I will do it, but then would not be able to get his hands off Chelsea since he has experienced the pleasure of her a few times now. If he is around her on Connor's birthday or even stops by on that day to tell her that they cannot be around each other anymore, it might give get both Billy and Chelsea sentimental about family with them giving in to each other again if they end up celebrating Connor's birthday. Chelsea may be the one thing Billy has a tough time giving up. :)

I do not think Billy is anywhere ready to be back with Victoria or that Victoria is anywhere ready to be back with Billy.

Axl Rose

Postby Axl Rose » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

But as for Connor's birthday I wonder if any of the other Newmans would show up like his aunts Victoria and Abby? His uncle Nick? Or any of his cousins like Johnny, Faith, etc.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Quote Axl Rose: But as for Connor's birthday I wonder if any of the other Newmans would show up like his aunts Victoria and Abby? His uncle Nick? Or any of his cousins like Johnny, Faith, etc.

I think something with many of them being together for Connor's birthday will be neat, but I am not expecting it as I would figure Connor's birthday will be used for some plot point as it seems most things are and either just involve or mainly involve the characters needed for the plot point.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:37 pm

I noticed that Jason Thompson's first appearance on GH was on December 7, 2005. I read stuff regarding rumors of his contract being up soon from something dated in early August 2013 and another thing from I believe June 2014 about his contract being up in this Fall. Then I read something else about him signing basically at the last minute in 2013 for one year and in the same post the person said he wanted to produce.

I do not know when a contract start in soaps regarding vs. when they are hired or when they start filming, etc. and how they are necessarily structured in soaps, but I would guess his contract to be up around the end of September or the end of October. In thinking back to David Tom, if Tom had just a six month contract and served the whole time of it, then his contract would seem to have started around November/December closer to when he took on the role, vs. when he start appearing. He only taped and appeared in episode for roughly five months.

So if JT's contract has stayed on a yearly cycle to when he started, then if his contract started around when he started filming then it appears he would have started around late October/early November, if GH tapes around a similar 4-6 weeks ahead stuff like Y&R. If his contract started around when he was hired, then I would not know, but I would guess he would have been hired at least a few weeks before appearing.

Anyways, if JFP had something in the works with JT or was waiting on him to finish his contract, then it would seem late Fall would be the earliest he could appear on Y&R or possibly early winter or even early 2015. That would be assuming a quick transition from one show to the next and no period where he is off one before signing a deal and going to another. Anyways, it could be a while before he would be appearing on Y&R or anyone in the role of Adam for that matter if JT is the target of JFP.

I would hope if JFP has something in the works with JT or is hopeful for that, that her confidence is not misguided. I guess if he was offered and turned Y&R down whether leaving GH or not or if it mentioned that JT signs on again for GH and Y&R acts pretty quickly after that on getting an Adam Newman or place or putting out a casting call with the position being filled fairly quickly, then it might appear that she moved on to another option for Adam.

For JT to come to Y&R, I figure it would take a sweet deal and maybe something involving producing could be part of that, if he is interested in doing some of that. He would be giving up probably what is a safe position for as long as he would want to stay with that role to take on a recast role should he come to Y&R.

JFP wanting to get JT and biding her time makes sense to me as a possible theory considering we have discussed a number of people who could possibly play the role of Adam well, but yet there is still no Adam in place. GH had good ratings when Robin returned, so he has been involved in some key storylines on GH as Patrick Drake.

I can understand waiting around for a strong option, if things look like a good possibility, but at the same time I would not want to pass up other good options in the process of waiting things out, should things fall through in such a case of waiting on a certain target for a role or position.

I am making a lot of speculations here, but just thought I would throw things out there. There may not be anything to such rumors of JFP waiting on JT's contract to end or even him being a target of hers for the role of Adam Newman.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”