Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Ari1

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Ari1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:14 am

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:
Quote Ari1: Shadam fans are back to trashing Adam and MM again. Apparently Adam is boring and has turned into a character like Cane. In fact Chadam is like Lane 2.0. Lmao. They don't just trash the character, but the actor as well. Apparently it's obvious that he hates his story line (despite what he says in his interviews and tweets) bc he is mailing it in, looks bored, and lacks any passion. Because he's taking a twitter break, it must be because he's unhappy with the show. Shadam is so dead they've already decomposed. The truth is ratings plummeted when they put Sharon back in Adam's orbit last year. Nothing's more sickening to watch than a mentally ill person sexing up her baby's kidnapper. That's why the writers have totally killed that couple. How could they possibly sell any kind of love story for them again after Adam just used her for sex and then kicked her to the curb.

TwoOfEach, you need to find those tweets again from MM. MM loves his story line. He is now team Chadam because that's were the story is and that's where the ratings are. The truth is MM's fan base has increased since he was freed from that toxic paring. He's now a lead actor on the show. He's front burner, on almost everyday with a meaty story line. He'll probably win his first Emmy, but I'm sure he secretly wishes his character was with Sharon, locked in a freezer or getting in a water fight. Gmab.

The thread about Sharon's obsession with the Newman men had me commenting to one of the biggest die-hard Shadam supporters. She wrote that Sharon is Adam's "lady love" and they basically don't need to beg one another. I simply wrote, "Not anymore." I mean GMAB!! He is NOT in love with Sharon! I would submit that he never was. He cared about her, but he confused his guilt with being in love. He basically said as much to Chelsea when he said that Sharon messes with his head. Duh.

Also, Adam is behaving closed off, depressed and dead inside because HE THINKS HE KILLED A CHILD! It has nothing to do with Chelsea. These people!

He clearly doesn't love her now, but at one time he did, there's no denying that. It may have been a little twisted, but he did love her.

I'm afraid I have to disagree! If I look at the entire story, I have to be perfectly honest and admit, I do not see it. You see, you're right when you suggested that Adam's love was twisted but that singular emotion wasn't bestowed to GC's perpetual damsel in distress. No, every action Adam took, every impulse he indulged in was motivated by his torturous love for Victor.

Adam loved his father and coveted anything and anyone whom his father loved and adored. At the time, Nick was the Newman prince, Sharon was the golden girl, and Ashley was the woman who replaced his mother, Hope.

Every impulse that guided his actions were ruled by his obsessive desire to gain his father's attention and unconditional love. He dangled his affair with Sharon in front of Nick's face because he coveted Nick's father-son relationship with Victor. He pursued Sharon because Victor gave her what Victor loathed to share with him, adulation. He tortured Ashley because he was mentally ill-equipped to lay waste to his father's mental and physical state.

You see, as much as Adam likes to profess his feelings at any given whim, when you get right down to the nitty-gritty, the core of what pushes his buttons and makes him jump...you'll find Victor's name imbedded on every square inch of his heart and mind.

It was Victor he loved, in that twisted, all-consuming way. It was his father he went after, over and over again...through ever more creative means.

This is brilliant! Brilliant, I say. Adam's obsession has always been Victor, not Sharon. She was a means to an end. Even last year when he protected her after she burned down his father's home, it was about sticking it to the old man once again. He then went after his father's company, Victor's true love, and made Sharon a VP. Does anyone think the woman who was responsible for destroying the company was qualified. Hell no. He did it to get under Victor's skin. Adam even told Vic he had checks in place to keep her from ruining the company, that she never really had any real authority. And then when Vic asked Adam to get rid of Sharon as a sign of good faith, he threw her away like yesterday's trash and has never looked back. Once he had his father's love, he had no use for her anymore. Now he is done with his father. He has his own family to love. It may be sociopathic as villyforever has suggested, but that is why the writers are humanizing him now. He will have Chelsea and Conner to teach him about unconditional love and as Vicky told him Friday, he will find his salvation and redemption in them.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:23 am

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:
Quote Ari1: Shadam fans are back to trashing Adam and MM again. Apparently Adam is boring and has turned into a character like Cane. In fact Chadam is like Lane 2.0. Lmao. They don't just trash the character, but the actor as well. Apparently it's obvious that he hates his story line (despite what he says in his interviews and tweets) bc he is mailing it in, looks bored, and lacks any passion. Because he's taking a twitter break, it must be because he's unhappy with the show. Shadam is so dead they've already decomposed. The truth is ratings plummeted when they put Sharon back in Adam's orbit last year. Nothing's more sickening to watch than a mentally ill person sexing up her baby's kidnapper. That's why the writers have totally killed that couple. How could they possibly sell any kind of love story for them again after Adam just used her for sex and then kicked her to the curb.

TwoOfEach, you need to find those tweets again from MM. MM loves his story line. He is now team Chadam because that's were the story is and that's where the ratings are. The truth is MM's fan base has increased since he was freed from that toxic paring. He's now a lead actor on the show. He's front burner, on almost everyday with a meaty story line. He'll probably win his first Emmy, but I'm sure he secretly wishes his character was with Sharon, locked in a freezer or getting in a water fight. Gmab.

The thread about Sharon's obsession with the Newman men had me commenting to one of the biggest die-hard Shadam supporters. She wrote that Sharon is Adam's "lady love" and they basically don't need to beg one another. I simply wrote, "Not anymore." I mean GMAB!! He is NOT in love with Sharon! I would submit that he never was. He cared about her, but he confused his guilt with being in love. He basically said as much to Chelsea when he said that Sharon messes with his head. Duh.

Also, Adam is behaving closed off, depressed and dead inside because HE THINKS HE KILLED A CHILD! It has nothing to do with Chelsea. These people!

He clearly doesn't love her now, but at one time he did, there's no denying that. It may have been a little twisted, but he did love her.

I'm afraid I have to disagree! If I look at the entire story, I have to be perfectly honest and admit, I do not see it. You see, you're right when you suggested that Adam's love was twisted but that singular emotion wasn't bestowed to GC's perpetual damsel in distress. No, every action Adam took, every impulse he indulged in was motivated by his torturous love for Victor.

Adam loved his father and coveted anything and anyone whom his father loved and adored. At the time, Nick was the Newman prince, Sharon was the golden girl, and Ashley was the woman who replaced his mother, Hope.

Every impulse that guided his actions were ruled by his obsessive desire to gain his father's attention and unconditional love. He dangled his affair with Sharon in front of Nick's face because he coveted Nick's father-son relationship with Victor. He pursued Sharon because Victor gave her what Victor loathed to share with him, adulation. He tortured Ashley because he was mentally ill-equipped to lay waste to his father's mental and physical state.

You see, as much as Adam likes to profess his feelings at any given whim, when you get right down to the nitty-gritty, the core of what pushes his buttons and makes him jump...you'll find Victor's name imbedded on every square inch of his heart and mind.

It was Victor he loved, in that twisted, all-consuming way. It was his father he went after, over and over again...through ever more creative means.

So, what does that make Adam? A spoiled man-child forever seeking his fathers approval? And he gets it by destroying those things his father holds dear? That sounds just a wee bit sociopathic to me. No bash intended, I'm just surprised by your response. Wow.

Lol, why are you surprised? Chadam fans aren't cast from the same mold. We're all different, unique!

Anyway, in answer to your question, yes, I likened Adam to an immature, narcissistic sociopath. He turned me off! I didn't expect to adopt a different attitude until I caught his bar scenes with Chelsea. I'm not sure how to articulate this but for some reason, Chelsea helped me see Adam in an entirely different light. With her, he was charming, witty, hilarious, down-to-earth and a generally cool guy. He, sort of, changed overnight! Like Peter Pan! He grew up and finally stopped chasing Neverland (his father).

I did see a change in him when he married Chelsea, but that didn't last long. So, when exactly did he overcome his sociopathic tendencies? It certainly didn't happen when he married Chelsea, since he did hire an arsonist and hid a dead body. And he was still seeking Daddy's approval until he and Jack got caught. So, when?

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:37 am

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

So, what does that make Adam? A spoiled man-child forever seeking his fathers approval? And he gets it by destroying those things his father holds dear? That sounds just a wee bit sociopathic to me. No bash intended, I'm just surprised by your response. Wow.

Lol, why are you surprised? Chadam fans aren't cast from the same mold. We're all different, unique!

Anyway, in answer to your question, yes, I likened Adam to an immature, narcissistic sociopath. He turned me off! I didn't expect to adopt a different attitude until I caught his bar scenes with Chelsea. I'm not sure how to articulate this but for some reason, Chelsea helped me see Adam in an entirely different light. With her, he was charming, witty, hilarious, down-to-earth and a generally cool guy. He, sort of, changed overnight! Like Peter Pan! He grew up and finally stopped chasing Neverland (his father).

I did see a change in him when he married Chelsea, but that didn't last long. So, when exactly did he overcome his sociopathic tendencies? It certainly didn't happen when he married Chelsea, since he did hire an arsonist and hid a dead body. And he was still seeking Daddy's approval until he and Jack got caught. So, when?

Frankly, I saw a change from Chadam's very first scenes. It was almost instant but as we later learned, his sociopathic tendencies were only in remission. Any type of setback (the miscarriage) seems to trigger an onset of new symptoms.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:39 am

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

It's happening now. He has his own family to love now. MM said this story line was humanizing Adam. Now that he has his own family to love, he doesn't need Victor's love anymore. Vicky told him Friday that he will find salvation in being there for his family. This is his redemption story.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 am

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

This is brilliant! Brilliant, I say. Adam's obsession has always been Victor, not Sharon. She was a means to an end. Even last year when he protected her after she burned down his father's home, it was about sticking it to the old man once again. He then went after his father's company, Victor's true love, and made Sharon a VP. Does anyone think the woman who was responsible for destroying the company was qualified. Hell no. He did it to get under Victor's skin. Adam even told Vic he had checks in place to keep her from ruining the company, that she never really had any real authority. And then when Vic asked Adam to get rid of Sharon as a sign of good faith, he threw her away like yesterday's trash and has never looked back. Once he had his father's love, he had no use for her anymore. Now he is done with his father. He has his own family to love. It may be sociopathic as villyforever has suggested, but that is why the writers are humanizing him now. He will have Chelsea and Conner to teach him about unconditional love and as Vicky told him Friday, he will find his salvation and redemption in them.

Oh, thank you! I'm blushing!

They were on the road to humanizing Adam for a very long time. It's only recently (as recent as 2012) that I was able to recognize it. Oh and of course Adam loves Peanut unconditionally. That baby boy is his heart. Chelsea is Adam's spirit-animal. She's his untamed soul.

In fact, Chelsea is to Adam what Catherine Hindley was to Heathcliff. Push her to the edge and back her up against a corner, and she's every bit as wild, untamed and passionate as Adam.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am

Quote Ari1:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

It's happening now. He has his own family to love now. MM said this story line was humanizing Adam. Now that he has his own family to love, he doesn't need Victor's love anymore. Vicky told him Friday that he will find salvation in being there for his family. This is his redemption story.

I thought that was the plan. He still has a ways to go, though. I don't know what's going to happen with the Delia story. I just wish he'd handled things differently instead of acting like he was already guilty; I don't believe he did it though, but I am disappointed. Funny, but I do hope he and Vickie can learn to get along, a girl can't have too many brothers and they have so much in common (both are brilliant business people and have daddy issues). And, they are both trying to hold onto their families over the same tragedy. We'll see. Thanks for letting me talk frankly, no bash intended.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

Frankly, I saw a change from Chadam's very first scenes. It was almost instant but as we later learned, his sociopathic tendencies were only in remission. Any type of setback (the miscarriage) seems to trigger an onset of new symptoms.

Lol. Yes I'm sure Adam will have more set backs in the future as well. I'm just glad he has his Gidget with a chainsaw as his partner. She'll either rein him in or they'll go on a crime spree together.

villyforever55

Postby villyforever55 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:14 am

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

Lol. Yes I'm sure Adam will have more set backs in the future as well. I'm just glad he has his Gidget with a chainsaw as his partner. She'll either rein him in or they'll go on a crime spree together.

Well, lets hope she reins him in. I would hate to see Connor on America's Most Wanted. :-)

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:34 am

Quote Ari1: Lol. Yes I'm sure Adam will have more set backs in the future as well. I'm just glad he has his Gidget with a chainsaw as his partner. She'll either rein him in or they'll go on a crime spree together.

I've got an off-topic question to ask (sort of):

Have you ever read Withering Heights? Well, does Chelsea remind you of an Americanized version of Catherine Hindley? Her personality, her passion, the way she laughs...it's all got a touch of Catherine in it. I sort of, see her as a woman-child. Impetuous, stubborn, impulsive...

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:36 am

Quote villyforever55:
Quote Ari1:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Laduree:

I thought that was the plan. He still has a ways to go, though. I don't know what's going to happen with the Delia story. I just wish he'd handled things differently instead of acting like he was already guilty; I don't believe he did it though, but I am disappointed. Funny, but I do hope he and Vickie can learn to get along, a girl can't have too many brothers and they have so much in common (both are brilliant business people and have daddy issues). And, they are both trying to hold onto their families over the same tragedy. We'll see. Thanks for letting me talk frankly, no bash intended.

No problem. We all know adam is no saint. We just happen to love him sociopathic flaws and all. I find characters like him and Billy just so much more interesting than say Dylan or Cane. I really loved Vicky and Adam's conversation Friday. I wish they could be closer bc, like you say, they have so much in common. But I'm afraid that won't happen bc of this Delia mess. AH has really showed her acting chops with this story. Her performance has been one of the best by far. Maybe when and if Adam is cleared they could rebuild their relationship. They also have Johnny in common through Chelsea so for their kid's sake, let's hope they do. They could also help each other get over their daddy issues. So much potential for these two! Let's hope the writers don't blow it.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”