Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Ari1

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Ari1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 am

Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Ari1: I just read the Canadian recaps on this site. It sounds like Chadam had a good conversation. I want more details, though. And Victoria is team Chadam! Yeah Vicky! I elect her as Chelsea's new BFF when Chloe goes away.

I enjoyed the scene between Adam and Victoria today. They were actually talking! And Adam could see her concern for Billy and was almost sympathetic. Who saw that coming? I always thought that these two have more in common than either is willing to admit.

I agree! I would love for these two to have if not a true sibling relationship, then at least a civil one!

The Michael/Gloria scenes were so good. I love their relationship. The last thing Gloria says in one scene is something like "If you don't have family, you got nothing." It then cuts to a Chadam scene where Chelsea is complimenting him on feeding, changing and putting Connor to sleep. Their scenes were really good too. I'm not going to recap them, mainly because I'm in the US as well and found several sites where I read the recaps and saw the CAN episode, (so I know they're out there!) but I will tell my feelings. The spoilers of course built it up too much. Any talk of the "future" were vague at best. More significantly, though was the body language and facial expressions.

Here are my observations on the Chadam scenes:

Adam asks why she's not at the gym and she mentions running into Dylan and not wanting to share a yoga mat with her ex. Adam responds (not snarkily, just matter of fact) that until recently, she was willing to share a lot more than that w/Dylan. Chelsea flashes him this little half smile (like she wants to say more to him nut is hesitant) and simply says "things change." The scene ends with him looking at her.

When the scene picks back up, Adam is sitting on the couch and Chelsea is standing behind him by the piano when he asks her what changes she is referring to. She says it's the picture in her head -- and with this, Adam gets up off the couch and stands in front of her at the piano and asks her "what picture." The way he met her on level ground, and was willing to have this open conversation reminded me of their beginning friendship when she was trying to decide to take Victor's millions or not. Beck then she seeked him out for advice on trying to change her life for the better, and in a way, that's what this conversation was about, but rather more focused on Chelsea finally coming to terms that you can't beat yourself up for the bad things you did to other people. She says that that doesn't help them and it keeps her stuck in the past. She doesn't want Connor to have a "mom that's not there," by which she meant that she wouldn't really be engage in her son's life if she's always focused on the past and that she doesn't deserve her life because of her previous doings.

She said she doesn't want Connor missing out like she did, or like Adam did, and then asked if he didn't feel the same way. The lines coming from Chelsea seemed organic and real and true to her character, but also voiced exactly what Adam needed to hear to hopefully take him out of his funk. She asks him if this (pointing to Connor) doesn't make you reevaluate what's really important in life and how you have so much more to lose by making the wrong choice. Adam is quietly emotional through all this, but just shakes his head.

In their last scene, Adam is holding Connor (an smiling at him! So cute!) with Chelsea standing behind him. He says that he knows what he has to lose -- it's all he thinks about. And here's the really important part so I'm going to try to get the dialogue as accurate as possible:
Adam: I want to tell Victoria, I want to tell Billy, who the driver was....What if they never know? What if they don't find out who it was and they have to accept it, right? I mean that's what you're saying, right? We've (he might have said You've here) got to move on. You've got to see the things in front of you in your life and you've got to embrace those things.
Chelsea (looking at Adam NOT Connor): That's exactly what I'm saying.
Adam: Maybe it's time we all moved on.

And then it shows Victor's PI putting the file on his desk with the names of the SUVs. Adam's is highlighted. and the one right above his is Kelly White, and Suzanne Davis above hers. Below Adam's is Richard Howard and Winnie Rice. I didn't catch any of the other names. I can see Victor using the info to blackmail Adam into letting Victor see Connor. I can also see Adam playing along as it's the safer choice than taking a gamble that his own father wouldn't turn him in just for spite.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Chelsea makes the first move when "sparks fly" next week. Hmmm. He facial expressions in these scenes definitely seemed to be that she was looking at Adam in a new/old way.

I couldn't stop the vid I was watching as it was poor quality, so I didn't see all the names. Kelly? As in, CW's character Kelly?

That was my thought, too. How soapy would it be if Billy turns to Kelly (whether the spumors about an affair are true or not) for solace and is ready to burn Adam at the stake only for the real driver to be Kelly! Bit, as far as I know, we haven't learned her last name. I'll be keeping my ear open for when we do, though.

It's her!!! It has to be! I knew he didn't do it, and her name listed above his is not an accident. This is going to be so twisted. I hate that we will have to witness GC's portrayal of "1984" with their own rendition on the "two minutes hate" for Adam, until Kelly is exposed.

I'm wondering how twisted this story is going to get. If it ends up being Kelly, does she team up with Billy to help him go after Adam? Is she really a socio path? Is she the one talking to Billy online about finding justice? Maybe she doesn't have a son named Sam. She shows up at the support group and again at the restaurant so she's pretty much stalking him. It looks like Billy is going to go down a dark path.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

Love my Chadam!

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote justtwocents:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Ari1: I just read the Canadian recaps on this site. It sounds like Chadam had a good conversation. I want more details, though. And Victoria is team Chadam! Yeah Vicky! I elect her as Chelsea's new BFF when Chloe goes away.

I enjoyed the scene between Adam and Victoria today. They were actually talking! And Adam could see her concern for Billy and was almost sympathetic. Who saw that coming? I always thought that these two have more in common than either is willing to admit.

I agree! I would love for these two to have if not a true sibling relationship, then at least a civil one!

The Michael/Gloria scenes were so good. I love their relationship. The last thing Gloria says in one scene is something like "If you don't have family, you got nothing." It then cuts to a Chadam scene where Chelsea is complimenting him on feeding, changing and putting Connor to sleep. Their scenes were really good too. I'm not going to recap them, mainly because I'm in the US as well and found several sites where I read the recaps and saw the CAN episode, (so I know they're out there!) but I will tell my feelings. The spoilers of course built it up too much. Any talk of the "future" were vague at best. More significantly, though was the body language and facial expressions.

Adam asks why she's not at the gym and she mentions running into Dylan and not wanting to share a yoga mat with her ex. Adam responds (not snarkily, just matter of fact) that until recently, she was willing to share a lot more than that w/Dylan. Chelsea flashes him this little half smile (like she wants to say more to him nut is hesitant) and simply says "things change." The scene ends with him looking at her.

When the scene picks back up, Adam is sitting on the couch and Chelsea is standing behind him by the piano when he asks her what changes she is referring to. She says it's the picture in her head -- and with this, Adam gets up off the couch and stands in front of her at the piano and asks her "what picture." The way he met her on level ground, and was willing to have this open conversation reminded me of their beginning friendship when she was trying to decide to take Victor's millions or not. Beck then she seeked him out for advice on trying to change her life for the better, and in a way, that's what this conversation was about, but rather more focused on Chelsea finally coming to terms that you can't beat yourself up for the bad things you did to other people. She says that that doesn't help them and it keeps her stuck in the past. She doesn't want Connor to have a "mom that's not there," by which she meant that she wouldn't really be engage in her son's life if she's always focused on the past and that she doesn't deserve her life because of her previous doings.

She said she doesn't want Connor missing out like she did, or like Adam did, and then asked if he didn't feel the same way. The lines coming from Chelsea seemed organic and real and true to her character, but also voiced exactly what Adam needed to hear to hopefully take him out of his funk. She asks him if this (pointing to Connor) doesn't make you reevaluate what's really important in life and how you have so much more to lose by making the wrong choice. Adam is quietly emotional through all this, but just shakes his head.

In their last scene, Adam is holding Connor (an smiling at him! So cute!) with Chelsea standing behind him. He says that he knows what he has to lose -- it's all he thinks about. And here's the really important part so I'm going to try to get the dialogue as accurate as possible:
Adam: I want to tell Victoria, I want to tell Billy, who the driver was....What if they never know? What if they don't find out who it was and they have to accept it, right? I mean that's what you're saying, right? We've (he might have said You've here) got to move on. You've got to see the things in front of you in your life and you've got to embrace those things.

And then it shows Victor's PI putting the file on his desk with the names of the SUVs. Adam's is highlighted. and the one right above his is Kelly White, and Suzanne Davis above hers. Below Adam's is Richard Howard and Winnie Rice. I didn't catch any of the other names. I can see Victor using the info to blackmail Adam into letting Victor see Connor. I can also see Adam playing along as it's the safer choice than taking a gamble that his own father wouldn't turn him in just for spite.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Chelsea makes the first move when "sparks fly" next week. Hmmm. He facial expressions in these scenes definitely seemed to be that she was looking at Adam in a new/old way.

That blasted Sharon-stained piano! I was hoping they'd use it for firewood. :)

Bottom line -- I will be OVERjoyed with whomever makes the first move towards sparks but I was hoping Adam would be the one to make the first move. Chelsea has questioned his love for her all year -- but with Adam's funk (getting old IMO) it makes sense that he probably won't be the initiator.

I'd love to see Chelsea come up with a clever way to spark his interest. I'm still thinking Adam could have a nightmare and she runs in to his room -- almost leading to a kiss when Conner starts to cry.

Love Chadam!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow's epi -- and next week. I guess they'll keep us hanging over the holidays. ~)

Here are two scenarios that I post elsewhere. Neither are that creative, but both could be initiated by both or the first scenarios being initiated by Chelsea.

1. Chelsea opens up Adam's shirt and takes off his bullet proof vest that he uses to guard his heart. Adam fight it, but his emotional walls start coming down and he gives in to the passion. Chelsea is stripped down and Adam's shirt is off as he picks her up to carry her upstairs. What starts off as slow passionate kissing downstairs turns into more intense love making upstairs. When they are finished they are both frightened about having given in to their feelings, but happy at the same time. The baby cries and Chelsea nervously goes to check on the baby as neither her or Adam have the nerve to speak about what just happened between them.

2. Adam and Chelsea start kissing in the PH living room. Chelsea back away and she that she can't. She walks away fearful of giving in to Adam. She is thinking about how she has developed a better reputation with others and is afraid of being hurt by Adam again. She doesn't want to be wrong about her feelings regarding Adam and have others tell her that they, "told her so." However, as she is walking away she cannot fight it and turns around to Adam taking her shirt off. She makes her way towards him and they make love starting on the couch and then making their way to the floor in front of the fireplace. They cuddle and are in smiles afterwards.

I'll take either CDHG! :) As long as they avoid that blasted piano (not crazy about the couch either - didn't he have sex with Sharon there too?) YUCK.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote cdhg:
Quote justtwocents:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

That blasted Sharon-stained piano! I was hoping they'd use it for firewood. :)

Bottom line -- I will be OVERjoyed with whomever makes the first move towards sparks but I was hoping Adam would be the one to make the first move. Chelsea has questioned his love for her all year -- but with Adam's funk (getting old IMO) it makes sense that he probably won't be the initiator.

I'd love to see Chelsea come up with a clever way to spark his interest. I'm still thinking Adam could have a nightmare and she runs in to his room -- almost leading to a kiss when Conner starts to cry.

Love Chadam!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow's epi -- and next week. I guess they'll keep us hanging over the holidays. ~)

Here are two scenarios that I post elsewhere. Neither are that creative, but both could be initiated by both or the first scenarios being initiated by Chelsea.

1. Chelsea opens up Adam's shirt and takes off his bullet proof vest that he uses to guard his heart. Adam fight it, but his emotional walls start coming down and he gives in to the passion. Chelsea is stripped down and Adam's shirt is off as he picks her up to carry her upstairs. What starts off as slow passionate kissing downstairs turns into more intense love making upstairs. When they are finished they are both frightened about having given in to their feelings, but happy at the same time. The baby cries and Chelsea nervously goes to check on the baby as neither her or Adam have the nerve to speak about what just happened between them.

2. Adam and Chelsea start kissing in the PH living room. Chelsea back away and she that she can't. She walks away fearful of giving in to Adam. She is thinking about how she has developed a better reputation with others and is afraid of being hurt by Adam again. She doesn't want to be wrong about her feelings regarding Adam and have others tell her that they, "told her so." However, as she is walking away she cannot fight it and turns around to Adam taking her shirt off. She makes her way towards him and they make love starting on the couch and then making their way to the floor in front of the fireplace. They cuddle and are in smiles afterwards.

Oh, I love this game! I love painting scenarios like these. May I play?

Adam moved with deceptive speed, as he reaches out and catches Chelsea by the wrist. Caught by surprise, Chelsea tries to pull away but Adam has her arms pinned against his chest as he takes his thumb and caresses the corner of her mouth.

Chelsea, breathing erratically, tries to talk sense into him. "Adam, what are you doing...why are you doing this?" She looks up into his eyes, barely able to catch her breath as he caresses her face before sliding his hands to her waist and pulling her closer.

"I'm doing what you want me to do, ChelsC. Isn't this what you want...don't you want me to kiss you like this." And as Adam says it, he places a shiver-inducing kiss on the inside of her collarbone. "Don't you want me like this," Adam implores, as he bent his head to hers and kissed her until her lips involuntarily departed. He kissed her again, and again until he drew the very strength from her and suddenly Chelsea could feel her arms drag across his chest and wrap themselves, possessively, around Adam's shoulders. She could no longer pretend anymore. She loved Adam, and by God, she never stopped.

Chelsea continued to kiss him on every square inch of his face, as Adam walked up the stairs to his bedroom, where all her resistance melted away in one fiery...well, you guys get the drift.

Now if the writers would just get the drift. Good stuff Harlequin!!! :)

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Quote gardengal: The woodstove was out last night. So while getting it going I watched the CDN. Chadam did have a great coversation. However pay attention to the name above Adam's on the PI report to Victor.

Watching!!! :)

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 pm

LOVING this US epi....

I'm noticing not only the "warmer" conversations between the best soap couple EVER -- but their closeness in proximity to each other. I loved how Chelsea sat next to Adam on the couch -- and how Adam went over to the blasted piano to speak to Chelsea face to face. Oh, and the epi isn't over yet! :)

Also enjoyed Vikki and Adam's conversation and seeing Gloria.

I think you all are onto something with Kelly's involvement.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm

REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY???????

What is it with CBS and their desire to always take up time on Y&R for Special Reports? Obviously, I'm not talking about breaking news but a moment of silence for JFK assassination? Nothing political here -- but it seems like something is preempted during Y&R time every week.

Stepping off my soap box. Pun intended.

8)

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:54 pm

I swear to God, when they pre-emptied the last 5 minutes of Young & The Restless, I felt like I was being pranked in a mastercard commercial:

A cab ride home: $14.82

Getting the nerve to play hooky: $2.99 (bottle of Heinekin)

Finding the time to watch my favorite show (LIVE) only for the last five minutes to be pre-emptied: PRICELESS!

(It's like the universe is messing with me!)

Aurgh! But anyway...RIP JFK! You always be remembered, even if I wasn't born when you were assassinated.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Quote Harlequin39: I swear to God, when they pre-emptied the last 5 minutes of Young & The Restless, I felt like I was being pranked in a mastercard commercial:

Finding the time to watch my favorite show (LIVE) only for the last five minutes to be pre-emptied: PRICELESS!

Aurgh! But anyway...RIP JFK! You always be remembered, even if I wasn't born when you were assassinated.

They didn't preempt in my part of the world, but I'm from Texas. We're trying to forget that he got shot here.

You didn't miss much. Just Nick making an ass of himself and picking a fight with Dylan. They should have spent more time building Dylan and Nick as rivals bc I just don't buy this sudden and intense hate. Maybe if they hadn't wasted Chelsea on Dylan for the past 6 months this would be more believable. Well I guess it's time to move forward like Chadam decided they should to do today.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39: I swear to God, when they pre-emptied the last 5 minutes of Young & The Restless, I felt like I was being pranked in a mastercard commercial:

They didn't preempt in my part of the world, but I'm from Texas. We're trying to forget that he got shot here.

You didn't miss much. Just Nick making an ass of himself and picking a fight with Dylan. They should have spent more time building Dylan and Nick as rivals bc I just don't buy this sudden and intense hate. Maybe if they hadn't wasted Chelsea on Dylan for the past 6 months this would be more believable. Well I guess it's time to move forward like Chadam decided they should to do today.

So Ari, we didn't miss any Chadam scenes in the last 3 minutes? How about previews?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”