Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cdhg

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby cdhg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Ari1: I just read the Canadian recaps on this site. It sounds like Chadam had a good conversation. I want more details, though. And Victoria is team Chadam! Yeah Vicky! I elect her as Chelsea's new BFF when Chloe goes away.

I enjoyed the scene between Adam and Victoria today. They were actually talking! And Adam could see her concern for Billy and was almost sympathetic. Who saw that coming? I always thought that these two have more in common than either is willing to admit.

I agree! I would love for these two to have if not a true sibling relationship, then at least a civil one!

The Michael/Gloria scenes were so good. I love their relationship. The last thing Gloria says in one scene is something like "If you don't have family, you got nothing." It then cuts to a Chadam scene where Chelsea is complimenting him on feeding, changing and putting Connor to sleep. Their scenes were really good too. I'm not going to recap them, mainly because I'm in the US as well and found several sites where I read the recaps and saw the CAN episode, (so I know they're out there!) but I will tell my feelings. The spoilers of course built it up too much. Any talk of the "future" were vague at best. More significantly, though was the body language and facial expressions.

Here are my observations on the Chadam scenes:

Adam asks why she's not at the gym and she mentions running into Dylan and not wanting to share a yoga mat with her ex. Adam responds (not snarkily, just matter of fact) that until recently, she was willing to share a lot more than that w/Dylan. Chelsea flashes him this little half smile (like she wants to say more to him nut is hesitant) and simply says "things change." The scene ends with him looking at her.

When the scene picks back up, Adam is sitting on the couch and Chelsea is standing behind him by the piano when he asks her what changes she is referring to. She says it's the picture in her head -- and with this, Adam gets up off the couch and stands in front of her at the piano and asks her "what picture." The way he met her on level ground, and was willing to have this open conversation reminded me of their beginning friendship when she was trying to decide to take Victor's millions or not. Beck then she seeked him out for advice on trying to change her life for the better, and in a way, that's what this conversation was about, but rather more focused on Chelsea finally coming to terms that you can't beat yourself up for the bad things you did to other people. She says that that doesn't help them and it keeps her stuck in the past. She doesn't want Connor to have a "mom that's not there," by which she meant that she wouldn't really be engage in her son's life if she's always focused on the past and that she doesn't deserve her life because of her previous doings.

She said she doesn't want Connor missing out like she did, or like Adam did, and then asked if he didn't feel the same way. The lines coming from Chelsea seemed organic and real and true to her character, but also voiced exactly what Adam needed to hear to hopefully take him out of his funk. She asks him if this (pointing to Connor) doesn't make you reevaluate what's really important in life and how you have so much more to lose by making the wrong choice. Adam is quietly emotional through all this, but just shakes his head.

In their last scene, Adam is holding Connor (an smiling at him! So cute!) with Chelsea standing behind him. He says that he knows what he has to lose -- it's all he thinks about. And here's the really important part so I'm going to try to get the dialogue as accurate as possible:
Adam: I want to tell Victoria, I want to tell Billy, who the driver was....What if they never know? What if they don't find out who it was and they have to accept it, right? I mean that's what you're saying, right? We've (he might have said You've here) got to move on. You've got to see the things in front of you in your life and you've got to embrace those things.
Chelsea (looking at Adam NOT Connor): That's exactly what I'm saying.
Adam: Maybe it's time we all moved on.

And then it shows Victor's PI putting the file on his desk with the names of the SUVs. Adam's is highlighted. and the one right above his is Kelly White, and Suzanne Davis above hers. Below Adam's is Richard Howard and Winnie Rice. I didn't catch any of the other names. I can see Victor using the info to blackmail Adam into letting Victor see Connor. I can also see Adam playing along as it's the safer choice than taking a gamble that his own father wouldn't turn him in just for spite.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Chelsea makes the first move when "sparks fly" next week. Hmmm. He facial expressions in these scenes definitely seemed to be that she was looking at Adam in a new/old way.

Thanks for the thoughts and info about the Chadam scenes. Well done. It sounds like it will be an overall interesting episode with everything that was going on.

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 pm

I watched the Canadian, and Chelsea did not appear jealous of Davery. It was just an awkward moment. I also couldn't care less what Chylan's half a dozen fans think. Deep down inside they must know that Dylan was nothing more than a placeholder for Adam. Once she falls in love with Adam again, the stark difference between the two men will be readily apparently. I'm not in the least bit concerned about that. The only thing that has me spitting nails is this nuke that's set to blast off at some point. >(

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:
Quote Ari1: I just read the Canadian recaps on this site. It sounds like Chadam had a good conversation. I want more details, though. And Victoria is team Chadam! Yeah Vicky! I elect her as Chelsea's new BFF when Chloe goes away.

I enjoyed the scene between Adam and Victoria today. They were actually talking! And Adam could see her concern for Billy and was almost sympathetic. Who saw that coming? I always thought that these two have more in common than either is willing to admit.

I agree! I would love for these two to have if not a true sibling relationship, then at least a civil one!

The Michael/Gloria scenes were so good. I love their relationship. The last thing Gloria says in one scene is something like "If you don't have family, you got nothing." It then cuts to a Chadam scene where Chelsea is complimenting him on feeding, changing and putting Connor to sleep. Their scenes were really good too. I'm not going to recap them, mainly because I'm in the US as well and found several sites where I read the recaps and saw the CAN episode, (so I know they're out there!) but I will tell my feelings. The spoilers of course built it up too much. Any talk of the "future" were vague at best. More significantly, though was the body language and facial expressions.

Adam asks why she's not at the gym and she mentions running into Dylan and not wanting to share a yoga mat with her ex. Adam responds (not snarkily, just matter of fact) that until recently, she was willing to share a lot more than that w/Dylan. Chelsea flashes him this little half smile (like she wants to say more to him nut is hesitant) and simply says "things change." The scene ends with him looking at her.

When the scene picks back up, Adam is sitting on the couch and Chelsea is standing behind him by the piano when he asks her what changes she is referring to. She says it's the picture in her head -- and with this, Adam gets up off the couch and stands in front of her at the piano and asks her "what picture." The way he met her on level ground, and was willing to have this open conversation reminded me of their beginning friendship when she was trying to decide to take Victor's millions or not. Beck then she seeked him out for advice on trying to change her life for the better, and in a way, that's what this conversation was about, but rather more focused on Chelsea finally coming to terms that you can't beat yourself up for the bad things you did to other people. She says that that doesn't help them and it keeps her stuck in the past. She doesn't want Connor to have a "mom that's not there," by which she meant that she wouldn't really be engage in her son's life if she's always focused on the past and that she doesn't deserve her life because of her previous doings.

She said she doesn't want Connor missing out like she did, or like Adam did, and then asked if he didn't feel the same way. The lines coming from Chelsea seemed organic and real and true to her character, but also voiced exactly what Adam needed to hear to hopefully take him out of his funk. She asks him if this (pointing to Connor) doesn't make you reevaluate what's really important in life and how you have so much more to lose by making the wrong choice. Adam is quietly emotional through all this, but just shakes his head.

In their last scene, Adam is holding Connor (an smiling at him! So cute!) with Chelsea standing behind him. He says that he knows what he has to lose -- it's all he thinks about. And here's the really important part so I'm going to try to get the dialogue as accurate as possible:
Adam: I want to tell Victoria, I want to tell Billy, who the driver was....What if they never know? What if they don't find out who it was and they have to accept it, right? I mean that's what you're saying, right? We've (he might have said You've here) got to move on. You've got to see the things in front of you in your life and you've got to embrace those things.

And then it shows Victor's PI putting the file on his desk with the names of the SUVs. Adam's is highlighted. and the one right above his is Kelly White, and Suzanne Davis above hers. Below Adam's is Richard Howard and Winnie Rice. I didn't catch any of the other names. I can see Victor using the info to blackmail Adam into letting Victor see Connor. I can also see Adam playing along as it's the safer choice than taking a gamble that his own father wouldn't turn him in just for spite.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Chelsea makes the first move when "sparks fly" next week. Hmmm. He facial expressions in these scenes definitely seemed to be that she was looking at Adam in a new/old way.

That blasted Sharon-stained piano! I was hoping they'd use it for firewood. :)

Bottom line -- I will be OVERjoyed with whomever makes the first move towards sparks but I was hoping Adam would be the one to make the first move. Chelsea has questioned his love for her all year -- but with Adam's funk (getting old IMO) it makes sense that he probably won't be the initiator.

I'd love to see Chelsea come up with a clever way to spark his interest. I'm still thinking Adam could have a nightmare and she runs in to his room -- almost leading to a kiss when Conner starts to cry.

Love Chadam!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow's epi -- and next week. I guess they'll keep us hanging over the holidays. ~)

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

I couldn't stop the vid I was watching as it was poor quality, so I didn't see all the names. Kelly? As in, CW's character Kelly?

runslikeagirl

Postby runslikeagirl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

I couldn't stop the vid I was watching as it was poor quality, so I didn't see all the names. Kelly? As in, CW's character Kelly?

That was my thought, too. How soapy would it be if Billy turns to Kelly (whether the spumors about an affair are true or not) for solace and is ready to burn Adam at the stake only for the real driver to be Kelly! Bit, as far as I know, we haven't learned her last name. I'll be keeping my ear open for when we do, though.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

That is an important convo and a very, very good step for both of them to take. Thank you for sharing and detailing what transpired.

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

That was my thought, too. How soapy would it be if Billy turns to Kelly (whether the spumors about an affair are true or not) for solace and is ready to burn Adam at the stake only for the real driver to be Kelly! Bit, as far as I know, we haven't learned her last name. I'll be keeping my ear open for when we do, though.

It's her!!! It has to be! I knew he didn't do it, and her name listed above his is not an accident. This is going to be so twisted. I hate that we will have to witness GC's portrayal of "1984" with their own rendition on the "two minutes hate" for Adam, until Kelly is exposed.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

The new Kelly was the first thing that popped in my head too, when you listed the name Kelly White. I checked the ending credits, but so far Cynthia Watros is just listed as Kelly with no last name.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

The new Kelly was the first thing that popped in my head too, when you listed the name Kelly White. I checked the ending credits, but so far Cynthia Watros is just listed as Kelly with no last name.

She's shown no residual feelings of guilt during the support meeting. Kelly talked of her 7 year-old son and his devastating loss. She looked Billy in the eye, and said NOTHING. It's hard to fathom how a person can sit there, talk of their loss and know they were responsible for killing a child. Oh my ever-loving-lord, this is going to be such a mess!

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Laduree:
Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote villyforever55:

cdhg- I think they are intentionally leaving us in the dark with her last name. They just threw out a clue, and then we'll learn her full name later. By that time most will probably forget about her last name. Not me. I may take you up on your wager after all. If I'm wrong I have to make a Sharon vid. You didn't stipulate what kind of Sharon vid though. :-) I'll have to give it more thought.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”