Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Ari1

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Ari1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1: My interpretation of the interview especially from EH was that Chelsea knows the secret and is keeping it. They both were talking about how right now on our screen we are seeing everything as hunky dory but that will change and soon. I got the impression that they had already filmed scenes that spell trouble for their relationship. I could be projecting what I want to happen, but that's how I interpreted it....

www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/center-stage-yrs-elizabeth-hendrickson-and-melissa-claire-egan-on-friendship-and-the-shocking-details-set-to-potentially-blow-their-onscreen-bff-relationship-apart

Chloe and Chelsea were awesome besties in the very beginning of their friendship. The snarky, fun comebacks were hilarious and the chemistry was on point. I enjoyed it at the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013, but after that whole deal with Dylan, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I never could understand why a con-artist with Chelsea's layered and complex life-experience, went out of her way to take Chloe's lousy advice. Chloe came from a very sheltered background, attending boarding school on Chancellor's dime. She socialized with Genoa City's elite. Some of Chloe's own schemes backfired terribly and she seemed not to have learned anything from it. So, to watch her advise Chelsea to continue the paternity lie, for reasons that made little sense, and also to watch Chelsea actually take it to heart, was mind-blowing.

Usually, there's a bit of levity in all that scheming and there was none. For the life of me, I couldn't understand it. So yeah, at this point, I'm ready for that friendship to implode.

With all of that said, I am enjoying it right now. Chelsea is just as supportive to Chloe following Delia's death as Chloe was supportive of Chelsea following Chelsea's divorce from Adam. Things are circling back to the beginning. Unfortunately, this is a soap, and in soapland, karma as a way of taking a bite out of friendships like this.

IA. I really grew to dislike Chloe after she constantly badgered Chelsea to cut Adam out of her life. When ever Chelsea wanted to come clean, Chloe was always there to push her insecurities.
But it was when she told Chelsea to let Adam rot in jail for something he didn't do in order for Chelsea to be forever free of him, that could no longer tolerate her or the friendship. I want her as far from Chelsea as possible. I have no qualms about Chelsea conning Chloe since Chloe had no qualms about conning Adam. Let the scheming begin.

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1: My interpretation of the interview especially from EH was that Chelsea knows the secret and is keeping it. They both were talking about how right now on our screen we are seeing everything as hunky dory but that will change and soon. I got the impression that they had already filmed scenes that spell trouble for their relationship. I could be projecting what I want to happen, but that's how I interpreted it....

www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/center-stage-yrs-elizabeth-hendrickson-and-melissa-claire-egan-on-friendship-and-the-shocking-details-set-to-potentially-blow-their-onscreen-bff-relationship-apart

Chloe and Chelsea were awesome besties in the very beginning of their friendship. The snarky, fun comebacks were hilarious and the chemistry was on point. I enjoyed it at the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013, but after that whole deal with Dylan, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I never could understand why a con-artist with Chelsea's layered and complex life-experience, went out of her way to take Chloe's lousy advice. Chloe came from a very sheltered background, attending boarding school on Chancellor's dime. She socialized with Genoa City's elite. Some of Chloe's own schemes backfired terribly and she seemed not to have learned anything from it. So, to watch her advise Chelsea to continue the paternity lie, for reasons that made little sense, and also to watch Chelsea actually take it to heart, was mind-blowing.

Usually, there's a bit of levity in all that scheming and there was none. For the life of me, I couldn't understand it. So yeah, at this point, I'm ready for that friendship to implode.

With all of that said, I am enjoying it right now. Chelsea is just as supportive to Chloe following Delia's death as Chloe was supportive of Chelsea following Chelsea's divorce from Adam. Things are circling back to the beginning. Unfortunately, this is a soap, and in soapland, karma as a way of taking a bite out of friendships like this.

IA. I really grew to dislike Chloe after she constantly badgered Chelsea to cut Adam out of her life. When ever Chelsea wanted to come clean, Chloe was always there to push her insecurities.
But it was when she told Chelsea to let Adam rot in jail for something he didn't do in order for Chelsea to be forever free of him, that could no longer tolerate her or the friendship. I want her as far from Chelsea as possible. I have no qualms about Chelsea conning Chloe since Chloe had no qualms about conning Adam. Let the scheming begin.

I've never been a fan of Chloe, but the hatred really kicked in when she exhorted Chelsea to lie about the baby. It moved into warp speed when she constantly gushed about Dylan's blue eyes ad nauseum. Her endless manipulations and the fact that she didn't care whether an innocent man wasted away in prison, will ensure that I will never support her as a "friend" to Chelsea or Chadam. If Delia's death drives a wedge between Chelsea and Chloe then that's at least one good thing to come out of this mess.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:

I completely agree but there's a little wrinkle to that plan. If you think about it, Chloe has been a good friend to Chelsea, in the sense that she was there for her when Chelsea needed her the most. When Adam broke her heart, Chloe was there for her. When Chelsea found out she was pregnant, Chloe was there supporting her all the way. Yes, she gives the most horrible advice but I can't say she was an awful friend, if not a misguided one.

In a very real sense, Chloe was good to Chelsea and Chloe is the only "real" friend that Chelsea has known. She doesn't know any better! So I can't see Chelsea easily agreeing to conning Chloe. After all, it wasn't Chloe who conned Adam, it was Chelsea.

runslikeagirl

Postby runslikeagirl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:

I completely agree but there's a little wrinkle to that plan. If you think about it, Chloe has been a good friend to Chelsea, in the sense that she was there for her when Chelsea needed her the most. When Adam broke her heart, Chloe was there for her. When Chelsea found out she was pregnant, Chloe was there supporting her all the way. Yes, she gives the most horrible advice but I can't say she was an awful friend, if not a misguided one.

In a very real sense, Chloe was good to Chelsea and Chloe is the only "real" friend that Chelsea has known. She doesn't know any better! So I can't see Chelsea easily agreeing to conning Chloe. After all, it wasn't Chloe who conned Adam, it was Chelsea.

I have to completely disagree with your conclusion. The fact that Chloe (and I'm originally a huge Chloe fan, just think in this story she was used as nothing more than a plot point) gave Chelsea such awful, misguided advice makes her a HORRIBLE friend. A true, real friend will tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear. She did nothing more than tell Chelsea to keep the con going, when what she should have done if she was a real friend was tell her to suck it up, tell Adam the truth, don't involve an innocent man in your lies because paternity secrets always come out, just like they did with Delia and Cane.

3WishGenie

Postby 3WishGenie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Chelsea will be caught between a rock and hard place for sure but she will have to decide what she wants more. She doesn't want her son to miss out on having the family life she never had. Unless she and Chloe are planning to raise Connor together lol, she will put the needs of her son above all and the truth be damned!

Nancy B

Postby Nancy B » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm

We are getting our Chadam today CAN show....happy danse :-)

gardengal

Postby gardengal » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:

I have to completely disagree with your conclusion. The fact that Chloe (and I'm originally a huge Chloe fan, just think in this story she was used as nothing more than a plot point) gave Chelsea such awful, misguided advice makes her a HORRIBLE friend. A true, real friend will tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear. She did nothing more than tell Chelsea to keep the con going, when what she should have done if she was a real friend was tell her to suck it up, tell Adam the truth, don't involve an innocent man in your lies because paternity secrets always come out, just like they did with Delia and Cane.

Both Chloe and Chelsea were props for Dylan. Both gals will survive it, but it did taint their budding friendship. Funny thing is Dylan is where he should have always been in a Shick and Davery quad. Chylan was complete waste of time for all the characters involved. And if they revisit it for some half arse reason so Dylan can come to grips with adopted mama, >( >( >(

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm

First...is anyone else having issues with a BB&T Rewards Card page opening every time you refresh the page? >)

OK, on to better things -- Canadian fans, can't wait to hear from you!!! We NEED Chadam updates.

:)

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Quote runslikeagirl:
Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:

Dude, with all due respect, I totally disagree! Chloe may be a spastic airhead in the advise department but she was still a good friend. She never criticized Chelsea, never discouraged her from pursuing happiness or some facisimile of it, she never lied to her, and she was there for Chelsea when she was at her lowest. Sometimes people slip up. It happens! After all, we're human, but it still doesn't mean that a friendship has to die. I do agree that, on some level, Chloe is a bad influence but as I've said before, people are flawed and what may be bad advise to us may be appropriate to Chloe.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Quote justtwocents: First...is anyone else having issues with a BB&T Rewards Card page opening every time you refresh the page? >)

OK, on to better things -- Canadian fans, can't wait to hear from you!!! We NEED Chadam updates.

:)

Yes, what JustTwoCents said! We need Chadam updates and we need them like yesterday. How did Chelsea react to Adam when he came home? Did she play it coy and pretend she didn't spy a picture of herself and Connor on Adam's screensaver or was there flirting involved?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”