Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Ari1

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Ari1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Quote Harlequin39: Hey,

Our girl...ah-hum...I meant, Chelsea Lawson Newman (yes, I said NEWMAN) discovered Adam's newest screensaver and the face that graced his digital playground was none other than our doe-eyed, brunette beauty. She sat stunned as she took in Adam's latest "project." The only word escaping from her lips was a barely audible "whah."

After all this time, she still believes his love for her was a figment of her imagination, as real as the fairies and dragons of folklore. She's like the little girl who stopped believing in Santa Claus. Or maybe it wasn't real because all her Christmases were filled with stolen goods, and a Santa who more oft than not smelled of liquor than ginger bread cookies and eggnog.

Whatever the case may be, our girl is afflicted with the unlovable disease and she's got in her head that a man like Adam is incapable of loving or being in love with her. It's, sadly, become her doctrine. At least, that was the case, until today. Today, the sun finally shone through that thick veil of denial and showed this lovely, self-deluded woman just how much the man of her dreams, loves her and that message was delivered through the most unlikeliest of places...

...a screensaver. God bless my Chadam-loving heart, Chelsea now knows...at long last...who has always loved her and that man is none other than our dashing, anti-hero, Adam Newman.

Welcome!

I think you're right. I little light went off in her head and she got a small smile across her face. But it's going to take more than a screen saver to convince our Chelsea, I'm afraid. I hope Adam has that power point ready!

runslikeagirl

Postby runslikeagirl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote runslikeagirl: While this might simply come down to scheduling/actor availability/budget, does anybody else think it's strange that Anita hasn't been in more scenes? While I personally think a (very) little of her goes a long way, I'd think she would have popped in to both the hospital and the PH more often. She hasn't even been mentioned to have visited off-screen, which would have been a lazy way for the writers to keep her character somewhat-consistent at least.

Also, is Jeffrey still out of town? I can't remember the last time Gloria even mentioned him. If the writers can't juggle such a large cast, maybe they should streamline it instead of just leaving characters in limbo for weeks/months at a time. Some of the viewers such as myself notice these small details and find it distractingly annoying to not know where a character is!

I think it is more about giving the airtime to the main/contract characters vs. the recurring actors. I guess if the plot point can be achieved in the dialogue with the main characters, then that seems the most likely approach. Speaking of Gloria, I haven't been seeing much of her either. With Michael and Fenmore in prisoin, there would seem to be a need for her being around more.

I do hope Chelsea gets more storyline and interaction with others characters outside of Adam more often. I definitely like getting as much Chadam as possible. I think of Avery, for example. She has scenes with Dylan, Nick, Sharon, Nikki, Leslie, Adam, Jack, Summer, formerly Phyllis etc. It seems she is involved in an number of things, although her own story is more limited to the relationship she is in. Chelsea seems more limited to Adam and Chloe with a few others scenes here an there. I would like to see her involved in more than one thing, with certain stories being with Adam while being tied in to other stories or her own more regularly. Even a story more for her with Adam does some support work would be good.

Right, but so far to my knowledge at least, the writers haven't even gone to the trouble of dropping in a line or two explaining the characters' absences.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Quote Ari1: When Adam was writing the confession and Chelsea walked in and asked what he was doing, he said he was considering a project but something about it didn't seem right. He said he was just being cautious bc he didn't want to loose more than he already has. Chelsea thought he was talking about Vic and NE but we know he was talking about her and Conner. I think it's sad that after all this time, she still doesn't believe Adam really cared about her. Every time he's upset she always assumes it's about NE. Adam is going to have to definitely make her a power point in order to convince her he's always loved her and regretted chasing NE and helping Sharon. It's so clear now how little he cares about those two things. The only time they cross his mind is when he literally runs into them at GC. I remember when he proposed she didn't think he loved her. If he does make her a power point he should just leave it out on his computer so she can easily find it. I hope seeing her picture as his screen saver will get her wheels turning but she'll probably think it's all about the baby.

Adam is not without blame! He stopped talking to her. He nearly gave up everything for Sharon and made her feel like she wasn't the one he wanted to be with. That's a horrible feeling for any woman or man to go through. So I could understand why she'd be surprised to find her and Connor's picture as Adam's screensaver. It's been a long time since he's told her how much he thinks about her. It's been almost a year since he's told her he loves her and that he never stopped. She couldn't sit by and wait for him to tell her what she needed him to stay...if there was the slightest possibility that he never loved her at all.

So she moved on and fought valiantly to forget him.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39: Hey,

Our girl...ah-hum...I meant, Chelsea Lawson Newman (yes, I said NEWMAN) discovered Adam's newest screensaver and the face that graced his digital playground was none other than our doe-eyed, brunette beauty. She sat stunned as she took in Adam's latest "project." The only word escaping from her lips was a barely audible "whah."

After all this time, she still believes his love for her was a figment of her imagination, as real as the fairies and dragons of folklore. She's like the little girl who stopped believing in Santa Claus. Or maybe it wasn't real because all her Christmases were filled with stolen goods, and a Santa who more oft than not smelled of liquor than ginger bread cookies and eggnog.

Whatever the case may be, our girl is afflicted with the unlovable disease and she's got in her head that a man like Adam is incapable of loving or being in love with her. It's, sadly, become her doctrine. At least, that was the case, until today. Today, the sun finally shone through that thick veil of denial and showed this lovely, self-deluded woman just how much the man of her dreams, loves her and that message was delivered through the most unlikeliest of places...

...a screensaver. God bless my Chadam-loving heart, Chelsea now knows...at long last...who has always loved her and that man is none other than our dashing, anti-hero, Adam Newman.

Welcome!

I think you're right. I little light went off in her head and she got a small smile across her face. But it's going to take more than a screen saver to convince our Chelsea, I'm afraid. I hope Adam has that power point ready!

Adam would be better off buying an airplane banner for 2 days, and advertise his "undying love to Chelsea Lawson" for all to see...or, for anyone who happens to look up at the precise moment it passes by.

Chelsea's pretty thick when it comes to Adam's heart, so he's going to need be very blunt.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Quote Harlequin39:
Quote Ari1: When Adam was writing the confession and Chelsea walked in and asked what he was doing, he said he was considering a project but something about it didn't seem right. He said he was just being cautious bc he didn't want to loose more than he already has. Chelsea thought he was talking about Vic and NE but we know he was talking about her and Conner. I think it's sad that after all this time, she still doesn't believe Adam really cared about her. Every time he's upset she always assumes it's about NE. Adam is going to have to definitely make her a power point in order to convince her he's always loved her and regretted chasing NE and helping Sharon. It's so clear now how little he cares about those two things. The only time they cross his mind is when he literally runs into them at GC. I remember when he proposed she didn't think he loved her. If he does make her a power point he should just leave it out on his computer so she can easily find it. I hope seeing her picture as his screen saver will get her wheels turning but she'll probably think it's all about the baby.

Adam is not without blame! He stopped talking to her. He nearly gave up everything for Sharon and made her feel like she wasn't the one he wanted to be with. That's a horrible feeling for any woman or man to go through. So I could understand why she'd be surprised to find her and Connor's picture as Adam's screensaver. It's been a long time since he's told her how much he thinks about her. It's been almost a year since he's told her he loves her and that he never stopped. She couldn't sit by and wait for him to tell her what she needed him to stay...if there was the slightest possibility that he never loved her at all.

Yes, the way he treated her over Sharon was deplorable especially when he told her his feelings shifted. It would be hard for her to believe he loves her and never stopped. Adam has professed his love for Chelsea to everyone but Chelsea. But there were times when Adam hinted he still wanted her. When he was in the hospital, he gave her the second chance speech. He came to her drunk on the date their miscarried baby was due and showed he still cared. He was in tears when she told him she was pregnant with Dylan's baby. He gave her the letter he wrote to their baby. He told her at the PH that he couldn't give up the dream of their life together and that he'd wait for her. He hired a fortune teller to tell her to give him another chance. He bought back the blanket he gave her that she donated to charity. He had her move in with him and wants to co parent with her even after she lied to him in the worst possible way. Now he has her as his screen saver. No, he's never come out and just told her he still loves her. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he still does. Even after all of this, I still think Chelsea is going to be a hard girl to convince. He can't be subtle. He needs to save himself the trouble and take the direct route this time.

Harlequin39

Postby Harlequin39 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Harlequin39:

Yes, the way he treated her over Sharon was deplorable especially when he told her his feelings shifted. It would be hard for her to believe he loves her and never stopped. Adam has professed his love for Chelsea to everyone but Chelsea. But there were times when Adam hinted he still wanted her. When he was in the hospital, he gave her the second chance speech. He came to her drunk on the date their miscarried baby was due and showed he still cared. He was in tears when she told him she was pregnant with Dylan's baby. He gave her the letter he wrote to their baby. He told her at the PH that he couldn't give up the dream of their life together and that he'd wait for her. He hired a fortune teller to tell her to give him another chance. He bought back the blanket he gave her that she donated to charity. He had her move in with him and wants to co parent with her even after she lied to him in the worst possible way. Now he has her as his screen saver. No, he's never come out and just told her he still loves her. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he still does. Even after all of this, I still think Chelsea is going to be a hard girl to convince. He can't be subtle. He needs to save himself the trouble and take the direct route this time.

Indeed! In order to get the creamy girl of Adam's lust filled dreams to wake up and smell the amor in the air, he'll need to (literally) hit her over the head with an engagement ring.

The "emotionally cautious" type aren't too eager to jump in with both feet, and Chelsea is as cautious as they come; at least when it comes to Adam.

It's funny, with all other men (or women for all I know) she's quick to profess her undying, unrelenting and unending love but when it comes to someone who could literally know her as lioness would know the oncoming crack of thunder, she plays deaf, dumb and blind. Better to be blind to love than to be scorched by it, I guess...and so it goes for Chelsea.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Quote TwoOfEach:
Quote cdhg: I do not think the spoiler about sparks flying is about a confession pertaining to Delia at all. I think the MCE and EH interview recently pretty well confirmed that the truth was not out, so I am expecting that Adam's alleged involvement does not come to light until New Year's or after. I think the sparks flying is anywhere from loving looks/eye contact, a kiss, or a love scene. It could be one where they stop it after initially reacted to feelings and impulse. The baby might start crying and stop it, electricity/sparks issue might stop it, but I do think it will be something more on the romantic/loving side.

The new writers mentioned bringing back the romance and in recent weeks we have had Shick in the freezer and engaging in a water fight, Davery kissing, Tabby having a romantic evening in CP, Lane kissing and talking lovingly to each other in the sauna, so now it seems it should be Chadam's turn.

It seems Chadam talking about the future this Friday could be a prelude right into that. Remember we have Niktor's family gathering at the GCAC for the Dylan reveal along with Davery showing up there for a dinner. I figure the writers will want to make this Friday's episode a double blockbuster of sorts, but not quite one where there are two confessions. I think the Adam one is being saved for later. I do think something loving and romantic could be part of a double blockbuster on Friday leading into Monday along with the Niktor family/Dylan reveal. Speaking of that there is a spoiler about Nikki's secrecy causing problems with Victor the same week of Adam defending Chelsea to Victor, so I wonder if Victor ends up having to leave before hearing the reveal on Friday or if it gets interrupted with Davery being there.

MM tweeted about arriving home after a very emotional day at work on October 29 which could match up around December 9-13 or a little later so I wonder if that will be anything big. I guess many of these days are very emotional in this storyline.

By the way, does anyone remember specifically what happened last Thanksgiving regarding Chadam. I mean in the in Thanksgiving week episodes.

Ooh. I bet you're right. Due to leaked scripts, MM & MCE are still filming in the PH for the Dec 30 episode so its a good sign that she knows and stays. Please,please, please. Chelsea walked in on the Shadam kiss the week of December 5 last year so it fits the TL too.

I'm still so amused at those in denial about Chadam happening. If they were going to blow them up, Chadam would be reunited by now. Chelsea is just now starting to figure out that Adam still cares about her. Its the secret that's going to push them together past the point of no return.

The date of the MCE and EH interview was November 13 in regards to when it was posted. That would put us up around the time of December 30 and New Years Eve/Day episodes. It did seem to me that Chelsea and Chloe did not know about Adam's involvement yet at the point of where they were at regarding scripts and filming. It will be interesting to see if anything happens around the time of the slap last year. Last Year, New Years Eve night ended up being great since it led to the conception of Connor and a reunite. Then the next day, Adam went to help Jack. They broke up on the January 22 episode. I guess something could happen around these dates.

I do think that interview hinted at a relationship existing between Chadam at the time of Chelsea finding out. You make great points about this being a secret that pushes them together and how the slow build is a sign of them reuniting vs. a quick reunion being a disaster.

I hope that Chelsea it not kept in the dark for too long. I am thinking to how long Sharon's secret about Summer has been kept and seems to be going past Christmas. In part I saw this as angst for Kyle and Summer, but I would not be totally surprised to see another DNA Test with the results actually showing Jack is the father. My expectation is that Nick will be the father as the story currently indicates. Kyle and Summer are rarely sharing scenes together, but they have kissed, so the writers might want to explore them more and not keep things in the gross since they did kiss.

There are those pics that MCE retweeted of her, EH, and GR having fun at the CL set for what looks like a New Year's Eve celebration. I would figure Chelsea is still in the dark at that point, since she is spending time with Chlovin on New Year's Eve. However, I think we may get a Chadam kiss or love scene as they meet up around midnight. I can see Chelsea leaving that party early. She went back to Chlovin's house early where she was staying temporarily last year to see a romantic set up by Adam.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:31 am

Quote Ari1:
Quote cdhg: I do not think the spoiler about sparks flying is about a confession pertaining to Delia at all. I think the MCE and EH interview recently pretty well confirmed that the truth was not out, so I am expecting that Adam's alleged involvement does not come to light until New Year's or after. I think the sparks flying is anywhere from loving looks/eye contact, a kiss, or a love scene. It could be one where they stop it after initially reacted to feelings and impulse. The baby might start crying and stop it, electricity/sparks issue might stop it, but I do think it will be something more on the romantic/loving side.

The new writers mentioned bringing back the romance and in recent weeks we have had Shick in the freezer and engaging in a water fight, Davery kissing, Tabby having a romantic evening in CP, Lane kissing and talking lovingly to each other in the sauna, so now it seems it should be Chadam's turn.

It seems Chadam talking about the future this Friday could be a prelude right into that. Remember we have Niktor's family gathering at the GCAC for the Dylan reveal along with Davery showing up there for a dinner. I figure the writers will want to make this Friday's episode a double blockbuster of sorts, but not quite one where there are two confessions. I think the Adam one is being saved for later. I do think something loving and romantic could be part of a double blockbuster on Friday leading into Monday along with the Niktor family/Dylan reveal. Speaking of that there is a spoiler about Nikki's secrecy causing problems with Victor the same week of Adam defending Chelsea to Victor, so I wonder if Victor ends up having to leave before hearing the reveal on Friday or if it gets interrupted with Davery being there.

MM tweeted about arriving home after a very emotional day at work on October 29 which could match up around December 9-13 or a little later so I wonder if that will be anything big. I guess many of these days are very emotional in this storyline.

By the way, does anyone remember specifically what happened last Thanksgiving regarding Chadam. I mean in the in Thanksgiving week episodes.

Last thanksgiving Sharon took off after Chelsea went to visit her. I think Chelsea told her it was time to leave. Adam and Chelsea were fighting bc Adam was worried about Sharon who left without her meds. Jeff and Anita came over and noticed the tension. At the end of the day Sharon came back to get her meds and told Chadam she moved back home. Chadam made up with Chelsea apologizing for being jealous and not trusting Adam. It wasn't a happy thanksgiving.

Thanks. Maybe this time we get a more positive Thanksgiving.

TwoOfEach

Postby TwoOfEach » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 am

No Chadam in today's US but they should be on the CDN. I'm not expecting much--looks like the writers are sticking with a slow burn but as long as the conversation is positive and not about corneas I'll be happy.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 am

Quote TwoOfEach: No Chadam in today's US but they should be on the CDN. I'm not expecting much--looks like the writers are sticking with a slow burn but as long as the conversation is positive and not about corneas I'll be happy.

I've learned to have low expectations when it comes to the spoilers. I can't recall any one that turned out to be even interesting. The writers of the spoilers harm the show IMO by getting people's hopes up and then dashing them. Sometimes I think they're meant as inside jokes. (ie Adam and Alex have a heated confrontation turns out to be a conversation in the sauna). I think your right with the slow burn. I'm ok with it, too, as long as things keep moving forward. That being said on the lower end I'm expecting the conversation about the future to be about thanksgiving plans and the sparks flying spoiler to be about burning the turkey. On the higher end I hope the conversation is about their relationship and the sparks turn out to be a confession or a romantic moment.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”