Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cdhg

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby cdhg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Quote justtwocents: Good points CDHG! I appreciate the depth of your insight and knowledge.

My insight is shallow, so here goes a guess. :)

I think Chelsea will be viewing the end of the Adam's confession when he walks in. He will expect her to react as she had in her dream, but instead [insert hope] she will reassure him that he's not a monster -- that he's a loving father, etc., and that accidents happen. Yes, she'll be upset, but it won't be rage towards Adam. She will understand how it feels to be a bit "crazed" at the thought of losing time with Peanut. He will encourage her to move out in order to protect her but she will protest saying she and Peanut are going nowhere.

I think A may be a suspect for a brief period of time, and during that time, all h*** breaks loose -- but then the true driver is revealed. Above all, Adam will know that Chelsea had his back like no one else, ushering in nice opps for feelings to take hold again. :)

The spoiler about Adam and Billy's grief "intersecting" is intriguing. Will the truth be out by this time (that A is NOT the driver) and a bit of healing takes place?

Thank you. Your insight is not shallow.

Regarding her walking in on him making the video confession, that would have played out in Friday's Canadian and it did not happen. It does sound like Adam and Billy may end up in the same support group, which will make things interesting. Adam would feel uncomfortable being too open considering what he thinks he is responsible for and Billy being there, but it sounds encouraging he is making an effort if he does attend a support group. Perhaps both seek counseling from the new character being played by Cynthia Watros.

I hope that both Adam and Chelsea open up about their bad dreams to one another at some point. I would like to see Chelsea open up to Adam about her nightmares of Adam taking the baby away from her and Adam open up about his nightmare of her slapping him and calling him a monster along with the nightmare about Delia.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 pm

On a positive note, I think it's a fantastic sign that on the first day of the new writing team, they end Chylan. Yeah!

3WishGenie

Postby 3WishGenie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm excited to see how big Peanut has gotten!

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Quote Ari1: On a positive note, I think it's a fantastic sign that on the first day of the new writing team, they end Chylan. Yeah!

I thought that the first official day of their scripts was October 21. I know that Josh Griffith's name has still been appearing in the opening credits which TwoofEach mentioned the reasoning for that being that his stories are the one in place with Shelly Altman doing/overseeing the writing.

I have to say that Shelly Altman should feel encouraged that the week of October 21-25 had an average of 4,919,000 viewers for the week making it the highest week in about 1.75 years. For the week, the episodes with Chadam scenes had 4,948,000 viewers for Monday, 5,095,000 viewers for Tuesday, and 4,746,000 viewers for Wednesday. The other two episodes (Adam only) had 5,085,000 viewers on Thursday and 4,721,000 viewers on Friday. That was impressive to me that all five episodes were over 4.7 million viewers, three episodes over 4.9 million viewers and two episodes over 5 million viewers. Y&R has been doing well over the much of the past two years to even average the low episode of the week which was 4,721,000 million or to have that as the high episode of the week at times. Seven of the ten episodes from the two weeks prior to last week have had 3.5 HH or higher ratings with two reaching 3.6 and one reaching 3.7. Every episode for those two weeks has been over 4,671,000 viewers with nine out of ten being over 4.7 million viewers. Five out of the ten episodes have been over 4.8 million viewers.

Now these numbers will be hard to maintain. However, if the writers can keep the powerful and interesting stories going mixed in with some romance, then they may be able to keep the great ratings going. I would not expect an aver age of 4.92 million viewers per week, as even having one episode that high for the week seems like an accomplishment. It seems momentum is crucial in ratings at times, so if they can pull off 4.7 million viewers per week on the average, I would consider that doing great.

For the week of October 7-11, it seems some were predicting or even reveling in the possible downfall of JFP with claim that the Delia storyline was flopping. The payoff has definitely been in the aftermath of that week. I am glad that Chadam has been a part of this payoff in the ratings.

Back to the premise of your post though, I like the sentiments of it. I do like Chylan ending whenever we can get it. :)

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote jamilah:
Quote Ari1:
Quote cdhg:
Quote Ari1:
Quote TwoOfEach:
Quote Ari1: Last year Adam gave Sharon an alibi and made it look like it was someone else setting the fires. I wonder if this year Chelsea will be the one to give Adam an alibi. She'll see he is having a breakdown and he'll want to confess so Chelsea might need to be the one to protect Adam from himself. Maybe she'll tell the police they drove home together. I really hope Chelsea comes through for him in a big way. She kind of owes him.

I think Chelsea will get Adam out of trouble, but I don't think it with be with a phony alibi. Victor knows that they drove to the hospital separately.

The fact that Victor knows Chelsea and Adam didn't drive together and the fact that he knows Adam burned something will come into play at some point, especially now that Victor has hired an investigator. That's why I think Chelsea might try and offer him an alibi bc Victor is the only one who can refute it. Adam went to extremes last year to protect Sharon so I see Chelsea doing more to help Adam than just supporting him. Maybe she'll lie for him or maybe she won't, but this time Adam is the one who is losing it and he needs someone to protect him from himself. I just hope it's Chelsea.

Those are some interesting thoughts regarding Chelsea helping Adam.

There are certain things that have been used from Adam's past in regards to the Chadam paternity lie storyline, its aftermath and now connection into the Delia death storyline. I thought I would go over some of those to see if we might gather some ideas.

A fortune teller was used in the Chadam storyline. Of course, we know that one was used in the Shadam NOLA storyline. Recently, Adam burned part of Delia's costume in the fireplace. Adam also used the fireplace in the storyline with Ashley. Victor made the comment to Adam about the ranch burning down after smelling what had been burning in the fireplace at the PH which takes us back to last year with Sharon burning down the Newman Ranch. Of course, we have discussed numerous parallels between Chadam last year vs. Chylan this year with there also being some parallels involving Sharon.

In Monday's episode, Adam videotapes himself making a confession. This is making me think of the time when Adam found the memory card that proved Sharon did not murder Skye. Could the memory card from this camera that Adam is using come into play in this storyline? Could the wrong person get their hands on this memory card? Could Chelsea try to destroy or get rid of the memory card after viewing the confession trying to help Adam, but only for it to be found and used against Adam or possible to exonerate him. I guess Chelsea could use it to help him, but I do think that the videotaped confession and/or memory card from the recorder could come into play. Even someone who doesn't like Adam might get a hold of the video or memory card and use it to hurt Adam by either turning it in or destroying it/throwing it away.

I think that they still might be paralleling this year with last year. The Chylan relationship paralleled how Chadam began. Now that chylan is finally over, I hope that they parallel how chadam broke up but this time the bad dates for Chadam will be good dates for them this year eventually bringing them back together. The parallels I see are last year Sharon had a breakdown and burned down the ranch. This year Adam is having a breakdown and he burned evidence. Last year an accident caused Chadam to lose their son while this year an accident saved their son's sight. If they follow the parallels, I think Chelsea will find out about Adam and the hit and run around the same time she did last year about Sharon and the fire. Hopefully this year she will recognize that Adam is having a breakdown and do things to protect him.

I think now that the baby is ok and Dylan is out of Chelsea's orbit, she may figure things out on her own. On Fri Can she was trying to advise Adam that he needs to enjoy time with his son and wanted to know what was going on with him. He told her to stop pretending to be concerned about him. She told him it wasn't fake concern and if he was trying to pick a fight with her. Just before her meeting with Dylan she gave Adam the baby and told him that they both love Connor and they just need to take care of him.

Its great to see Chelsea encouraging Adam to spend time with his son so I know she will try to help get him out of trouble. She is going to do whatever she can to keep father and son together.

That would be quite poetic if Chelsea did everything in her power to make sure Adam and his son would stay together since she originally did everything in her power to keep them apart. I hope this is where the story is headed.

Jamilah and Ari, great points.

Adam started becoming more suspicious of the baby being his around the time of a conversation with Victor when he started remembering Chelsea coming by to tell him something. Adam also stopped his sexual relationship with Sharon at that point, so he slowly starting getting better perspective over the poor choices he made in the months ahead following that time.

Maybe Chelsea will continue to have better perspective and start seeing things more clearly regarding Adam if Dylan fades from being a distraction.

Ari, you bring up a good point about how Chelsea tried to keep Adam and the baby apart and how she may make that same effort now and in the weeks ahead to keep them together.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote runslikeagirl: On a completely shallow note, as much as I loved the way Adam wore the you-know-what out of his vests and 3-piece suits, the clothes only made sense when he was running NE. Now that he's basically unemployed, I'm so glad they've finally got him back in more casual clothes. He wears them well, as well! :D

I think having the characters dress casually more makes them more relatable. I thought characters like Adam and Cane were wearing suits too often and now both are dressing more casually as both are out of the corporate environment for the moment. Even Victor was dressed more casually this past week, back in his black attire.

On a little bit different note, MCE mentioned that she not like spicy food in the recent CBS SID. Her character on the show was all about eating the spicy food while pregnant. Also, she has mentioned wearing black that much, but on the show she wears black quite a bit. I will say that I like her wearing the black clothing. I think when both MM and MCE are wearing black on the show that it fits in well with the characters they portray. In saying that, I would not want to see them wearing black all the time. I do like it when they match regarding the color of clothing in an episode.

If I'm not mistaken, both Jason and Sam on GH were most always in black. Jason in his black tee and Sam in her varied black outfits. Why is everything so dark when linked to JFP? :D

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Quote Laduree:
Quote Ari1:
Quote TwoOfEach: I'm so over Dylan. The papers are signed; the ring has been returned. The fans have closure.

Let him skip on his merry way to Avery and Shick and leave the grey Prince's family alone.

At the end of yesterday's CDN, the cop wants to see Adam's car and on Monday's CDN, he goes to see Avery for legal help. The clock's definitely ticking. How soon until Adam's arrested? Next week or do we get a little more time??

I think there was some foreshadowing with Billy attacking some man who was getting his car fixed. He'll probably hear Adam is a suspect and go after him before the police can do their job.

The last thing I want is Adam skipping on a technicality. I want it to be clear, and convincing evidence that disproves his guilt. WE all know it was an accident, IF he indeed struck Delia, which I still don't believe that's the case, but he has conducted himself like a guilty man. Ugh Adam, just ugh.

I agree. I want things to be clear cut regarding who did it and not any situation where Adam did it, but skips on a technicality. Even so, we know if it was Adam, that it was an unfortunate accident at worst. If Adam is the one responsible, I want it clear cut that it was an accident. However, I do not want him to be the one responsible. If someone else did it, I want it to come out before the residents of Genoa City.

The whole Richard Hightower murder was left up in the air regarding whether Adam or Patty did it, leaving me believing that it was Patty.

Adam will probably take some heat for even thinking he did it without coming forward and for burning part of Delia costume. Some residents will probably give him grief regardless, and may not apologize to him for it.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote justtwocents: Good points CDHG! I appreciate the depth of your insight and knowledge.

My insight is shallow, so here goes a guess. :)

I think Chelsea will be viewing the end of the Adam's confession when he walks in. He will expect her to react as she had in her dream, but instead [insert hope] she will reassure him that he's not a monster -- that he's a loving father, etc., and that accidents happen. Yes, she'll be upset, but it won't be rage towards Adam. She will understand how it feels to be a bit "crazed" at the thought of losing time with Peanut. He will encourage her to move out in order to protect her but she will protest saying she and Peanut are going nowhere.

I think A may be a suspect for a brief period of time, and during that time, all h*** breaks loose -- but then the true driver is revealed. Above all, Adam will know that Chelsea had his back like no one else, ushering in nice opps for feelings to take hold again. :)

The spoiler about Adam and Billy's grief "intersecting" is intriguing. Will the truth be out by this time (that A is NOT the driver) and a bit of healing takes place?

Thank you. Your insight is not shallow.

Regarding her walking in on him making the video confession, that would have played out in Friday's Canadian and it did not happen. It does sound like Adam and Billy may end up in the same support group, which will make things interesting. Adam would feel uncomfortable being too open considering what he thinks he is responsible for and Billy being there, but it sounds encouraging he is making an effort if he does attend a support group. Perhaps both seek counseling from the new character being played by Cynthia Watros.

I hope that both Adam and Chelsea open up about their bad dreams to one another at some point. I would like to see Chelsea open up to Adam about her nightmares of Adam taking the baby away from her and Adam open up about his nightmare of her slapping him and calling him a monster along with the nightmare about Delia.

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry for the misunderstanding -- I meant that Adam would walk in on Chelsea viewing what he taped. I haven't seen the epi yet so I'm not sure what he recorded it on but whatever he used, someone would be able to view it. I could see him walking in the PH with Chelsea standing there watching the final words.

I too hope they open up about the dreams -- heck, about anything. 8)

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Quote justtwocents:
Quote cdhg:
Quote runslikeagirl: On a completely shallow note, as much as I loved the way Adam wore the you-know-what out of his vests and 3-piece suits, the clothes only made sense when he was running NE. Now that he's basically unemployed, I'm so glad they've finally got him back in more casual clothes. He wears them well, as well! :D

I think having the characters dress casually more makes them more relatable. I thought characters like Adam and Cane were wearing suits too often and now both are dressing more casually as both are out of the corporate environment for the moment. Even Victor was dressed more casually this past week, back in his black attire.

On a little bit different note, MCE mentioned that she not like spicy food in the recent CBS SID. Her character on the show was all about eating the spicy food while pregnant. Also, she has mentioned wearing black that much, but on the show she wears black quite a bit. I will say that I like her wearing the black clothing. I think when both MM and MCE are wearing black on the show that it fits in well with the characters they portray. In saying that, I would not want to see them wearing black all the time. I do like it when they match regarding the color of clothing in an episode.

If I'm not mistaken, both Jason and Sam on GH were most always in black. Jason in his black tee and Sam in her varied black outfits. Why is everything so dark when linked to JFP? :D

Chadam may need to wear black less then. They cannot be dressing too much like Jasam and Victor. :) At least Chadam dress up better when wearing black vs. wearing the black tees as often.

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Quote cdhg:
Quote justtwocents:
Quote cdhg:

Chadam may need to wear black less then. They cannot be dressing too much like Jasam and Victor. :) At least Chadam dress up better when wearing black vs. wearing the black tees as often.

I think MCE looks the best she's ever looked while on Y & R. No bangs, a bit thinner, better makeup, and nicer clothes. I'm jealous. :)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”