Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Gemini50

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Gemini50 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 am

One thing I am really curious about is Adam offered the penthoue to Chelsea and Dylan just to know where they are in their reationship. Chelsea says Dylan is working on his warehouse and then she says she will work something out for herself. Wondering if she moves in with Dylan at some time.I know it is too soon speculate because won't know till it happens if it happens.

The scene with Chelsea at the penthouse with Adam and she is looking at his daytimer?

I'm guessing she goes to visit him. I'm wondering why? I'm so curious to hear that converstion. Hope that scene plays out soon.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 am

Quote Gemini50: One thing I am really curious about is Adam offered the penthoue to Chelsea and Dylan just to know where they are in their reationship. Chelsea says Dylan is working on his warehouse and then she says she will work something out for herself. Wondering if she moves in with Dylan at some time.I know it is too soon speculate because won't know till it happens if it happens.

That would make sense, regarding the offer of the penthouse. It would be funny if she said sure we will move in and all three and baby will be all big one happy family.
The scene with Chelsea at the penthouse with Adam and she is looking at his daytimer?

I'm guessing she goes to visit him. I'm wondering why? I'm so curious to hear that converstion. Hope that scene plays out soon.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my posts. That scene should be next week, since that would be six weeks from that time that it was shot.

I am hoping that Chelsea does not give in to blackmail from Victoria. I had Chelsea coming out on the losing end when it comes to Victoria and like you say it would be hard for Adam to let that go. Adam may truly trust no one anymore when all of the smoke clears and be as MM refers to Adam as an "army of one" someone whose constant in life is himself. I hate it if it plays out where not trust exists again between the two, as their relationship was built on that.

After Chelsea initially treated Billy and Victoria poorly and then tried to make amends, Victoria has been awful to Chelsea and Adam for both saving their baby and Chelsea giving it over to her. It seems that Chadam are being written out of character or perhaps just as the worst/insecure/prideful/hurt versions of themselves. It seems the writers are trying to make the two just have and destroy any relationship they once had, which if that is true it is a shame.

If they do not reunite after the birth fairly soon, hopefully they can start being civil and then build back up a friendship and potential relationship afterwards. It would be great to see Thanksgiving and/or Christmas scenes with them and the baby. Surely, the writers will capitalize on Christmas scenes with them smiling and having a good time being civil regardless of whether they are back as a couple or not.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 am

Quote Spike1976:
Quote cdhg:
Quote Spike1976: That's the thing though I was rooting for both couple, more so with Chadam now because I can see that they still both love each other.

I'm not really seeing the destruction of Chadam coming from Chylan but just a lovers quarrel and Dylan being angst comparison to what the writers did when they actually isolated Shadam and let them implode on their own.

Now Sharon is being pushed towards Nick's orbit and Adam is pushed towards Chelsea's orbit. It's like they had to end Shadam first before moving on the other characters to the other stories.

I just see Chylan as too goody goody and being too much of a rebound and reaction to the baby and their past relationships with Adam and Avery. They may fall in love, but I just do not see it being as intense at their past loves. I know some couples develop well from a tainted start on soaps, but this one has the taint which ironically so did Adam and Sharon. Adam and Chelsea did not have that in the development of their relationship. As you say it can make for a compelling story the triangle here.

I know Joshua Morrow said not to expect Nick and Sharon soon. Perhaps if Phyliss it not recast, they go there sooner, but I think the Nick lying about the DNA of Avery is going to cause too many issues for the current time between her and Nick. If they start reconnecting, it will probably be another short lived tease type of thing. I would like to see Chadam and Shick at the same time.

My guess is that Shylan will be the next couple from the fallout of the Chylan/Chadam storyline unless the writers are just compelled to keep coming back to Shadam.

It's hard for me to see Shadam because they degraded the relationship to just a booty call. Unless Adam get shot again and he realized that Sharon is the one again but I don't see that happening. He is too far up Chelsea's a$$ right now.

Yeah, perhaps Adam would have to be shot. Maybe that shot will the uncovering the lie from Chelsea, who knows. I hope Sharon can move on to something healthier.

Maybe Adam will pretend to be hurt and somehow get Chelsea to reveal to him that way. My hope was for an emotional and dramatic reveal, but it does not appear headed that way, unless a major crisis occurs. I figures the writers want to make Chelsea's fears come true regarding losing the baby to Adam, but it be due to her lies.

Maybe they will write her as having severe post-partum depression after the pregnancy and that can be a way for Adam to help her and reconnect seeing what she is going through.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu May 23, 2013 12:42 am

Quote Gemini50: cdhg,I like reading your posts. Lots of info, very thought provoking, a lot of good insights, very well expressed.

Re your post recapping CHADAM story I loved it and made me cry for them. Here's hoping there a chance they will be together again, although, looks like the summer is full of Dylan/Chelsea relationship. Although I like SB I feel he is not right for Chelsea, not like Adam. I have been racking my brain looking for clues in the many CHADAM scenes of late for an opening, a hint of them reuniting and believe me it breaks my heart that I just don't see it yet.
If there is a reunite coming the writers are so trying to hide it. I hope Chelsea does not help Victoria blackmail Adam. He will never forgive or forget that. Remember when she went to Victor about Sharon burning down the ranch,he just did not get that and couldn't forgive her for a very long time. Trust is everything to the man that cannot be trusted. I'm trying to think of a favourite scene I would add to your list but you have definitely covered 6 of my favourites. I enjoy watching the Jan 3, Jan 9 and Jan 16 scenes, MCE made them really funny. I have a lot of favourites but I especially like when he rescued her from the pond, I think the date was April 5 or 6 of 2012, later durng one of their breakup scenes he told her that was his iconic moment, when he knew he could not live without her and realized that he was in love with her.
I liked because Chelsea had not yet fallen in love with him. I like knowing he fell in love with her first and pursued her from that moment on, like he said in another scene he had to trap her (not sure I;m using right words) before she ran away. I loved hearing that. Also I think it was the same scene, they were in bed after their engagement, she had doubts about getting married and suggested they continue as is because things were working. Once he told her he was in love with her and she said it back to him, she cried so beautifully. I miss this couple so much. I know they are different today but I feel that some of that tenderness and deep love and affection is still there. I'm not sure why Adam is so upset about her life now b/c up to know he didn't really give a crap. although I am enjoying see him suffer I'm angry at him too just like Chelsea is. I am not deluding myself I know it is being written like this for a reason. I hope that it all leads to a reunite. Right now all I want is for Adam to know for sure that the baby is his and I want to know the gender is it a boy for Adam or a girl for Chelsea. Once again though the way this story is being constantly twisted by the writers anything can happen. I am hoping that the pregnancy was meant to bring them together and not further destroy them or to further other s/l. Sorry for no paragraphs. I tend to just ramble. As I said I really look for to your posts they quite often challenge my mind and sometimes you write things I am actually thinking and seeing as well. Keep posting. CHADAM please reunite.
I feel their pain.

Chadam was definitely a highlight of MAB. So far, the new team hasn't given us much of anything for couples, but has worked destruction on some.

I am patient in believing it will take while for a reunite, but hope that it happens.

Like you, I try to look for some clues. Of course, the Christmas dream of Adam's but then that could be written off as a shattered dream due to lies and such. The speech that Adam gave to Chelsea in the hospital which made it sound like he was going to do things different, but shortly went back to old habits after the pregnancy reveal came out. Adam telling her that they could have had something amazing but that he blew it during the conversation at OTB. His telling Sharon that is she thought he could work things out with Chelsea seemed positive. I know MM mentioned that he likes to play ambiguity in scenes, so things leave you guessing if he is more about justing wanting a baby and heir or the whole family including love for Chelsea. Signs sometimes point both ways.

I think it galls Adam that she did not give in to his demands to stay in town and come back to him. He sees her as someone he helped make a better person who came from poverty, so he probably thinks it is beneath him to make too much effort. He put up some effort to try and get her to stay with him, but not an all out effort. It may have not made a difference since he lied about leaving Genoa City.

I did not like her demands at the time, but it was nothing more that what he told Sharon he would do for her during a December episode.

I guess if I have to hang my hat on something it is the Christmas dream and the hospital scene. Maybe Adam encouraging Avery in Dylan's path could be a sign or that he should be the one getting Chinese food for her.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

I would not mind the story playing out where Adam and Chelsea teamed up to con and outdo Victor and Victoria where we did not know what was going on until later Adam and Chelsea were together reflecting back on a taped conversation from earlier where she told him the truth and they agreed to play the con out. Adam would not go for her staying with Dylan though as part of that nor would Chelsea do that do Dylan. They will just continue to have Dylan and Chelsea grow closer be in love until things keep playing out up near baby delivery time and the aftermath of that. I could see Adam having some trick up his sleeve here.

One thing I do not like is when writers ignore previous history involving characters and couples. I know MM said that a lot of stuff from the past could be ignored, but I think it is very important to tie in history. Maybe we can get each of the characters reflecting back on their good times at some point with scene flashbacks. Even under the new writers, Adam told Chelsea that she would have made a great mother, so hopefully this storyline doesn't turn into hatred and revenge seeking on both sides without a positive result in the aftermath.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 am

I know that Sharon has been written back as the one who understands and will be there for Adam and love him when all have turned their back on him vs. the one who was snooty with him and Chelsea and continually hanging around and then following Adam to Kansas after she dumped him resulting in Chelsea developing that great friendship and relationship with Adam at a tough time in his life. At least Sharon wasn't in the proposal scene. The conversation with him after he told her it was over reflected that what I said above, which would be a sign not for Chadam.

Not to turn this in to a Sharon or Shadam discussion, but Gemini you mentioned signs from scenes. I do think that Sharon forgetting to pick up Faith in order to be there for Adam after he found out about the pregnancy was revealing. Maybe things like that can be a sign to Sharon that she needs someone or something different. I like the character of Sharon when it is being done right. Still, that could be a positive Chadam sign.

gardengal

Postby gardengal » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 am

Quote cdhg: I know that Sharon has been written back as the one who understands and will be there for Adam and love him when all have turned their back on him

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Are we talking about the woman who dumped him when he was blind? Oh yeah she is a ride or die chick. Its called sexual addiction - not loyalty. Well that and JG "fixed" her. ~)

Sudsy Sue

Postby Sudsy Sue » Thu May 23, 2013 8:55 am

Quote Gemini50: One thing I am really curious about is Adam offered the penthoue to Chelsea and Dylan just to know where they are in their reationship. Chelsea says Dylan is working on his warehouse and then she says she will work something out for herself. Wondering if she moves in with Dylan at some time.I know it is too soon speculate because won't know till it happens if it happens.

Just a thought regarding Adam offering the penthouse.....maybe Adam was just fishing to find out if Chelsea and Dylan were planning on moving in together. Chelsea's response was that Dylan was working on his place and she hadn't yet decided something for herself.

Sudsy Sue

Postby Sudsy Sue » Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 am

Quote cdhg: I would not mind the story playing out where Adam and Chelsea teamed up to con and outdo Victor and Victoria where we did not know what was going on until later Adam and Chelsea were together reflecting back on a taped conversation from earlier where she told him the truth and they agreed to play the con out. Adam would not go for her staying with Dylan though as part of that nor would Chelsea do that do Dylan. They will just continue to have Dylan and Chelsea grow closer be in love until things keep playing out up near baby delivery time and the aftermath of that. I could see Adam having some trick up his sleeve here.

One thing I do not like is when writers ignore previous history involving characters and couples. I know MM said that a lot of stuff from the past could be ignored, but I think it is very important to tie in history. Maybe we can get each of the characters reflecting back on their good times at some point with scene flashbacks. Even under the new writers, Adam told Chelsea that she would have made a great mother, so hopefully this storyline doesn't turn into hatred and revenge seeking on both sides without a positive result in the aftermath.

I'm hoping when MM was talking about ignoring previous history he was talking about all the bad things he did to people in his pre-Chelsea hook-up.

chancegirl

Postby chancegirl » Thu May 23, 2013 9:06 am

Just bringing over some info from the Chelsea thread from someone who listened to MCE on blogralkradio last night. They said she was pretty tight lipped but said that storyline gets lighter and not as dark at the end of June. She is doing some stuff with Chelsea's parents. She also said that some relationships get better and some get worse. (That part worries me). She said JG was very tight lipped with the storyline and wasn't giving anything away, not even to the actors. But she said something about a big day at the end of Aug. lots of speculation that the baby is born on that day.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”