Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Lolacat

Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING

Postby Lolacat » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:20 am

Quote jamilah: That thread started by that Shadam fan about Adam is so stupid. I think I better stay out of it for my sanity. I get that they are bitter that he is not with Sharon but give it a rest. MM obviously don't want to be in that pairing right now and atleast he was honest enough to not give them false hopes.

That post about Shadam is ~) ~) ~) I am not sure that anyone should be bragging about what Sharon did for Adam. The way that I have seen it is that many people despised Adam when he was with Sharon.. And yet, I have seen many people fall back in love with Adam because of who he was with Chelsea..So if there is any good in Adam now,it is because of Chelsea, Not Sharon..Shadam were toxic and turned a lot of people away from Y&R.. Me included.. Chadam has brought me back to Y&R..

Laduree

Postby Laduree » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am

Quote jamilah:
Quote TwoOfEach: Wait, so the light bulb has finally gone off in Shadamite nation and a few of them are starting to realize that Shadam wasn't any good for Sharon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!That going back to him after discovering what he had done might have damaged her reputation while helping the character of Adam? But as long as Adam and MM were permanently grateful, it was ok. But now that Sharon is no longer Queen; Adam has his own love and family; and MM is skyrocketing--its unfair. GMAB.

They are just bitter that Adam's love for Peanut is more important than him saving Sharon. Sharon always put Adam before her kids. So I guess they thought he would do the same. Its not going to happen, Adam loves his baby so much and that video he made expressed that alot.

I hope y'all post in that thread. I'm sick of them trying to control the narrative regarding Adam and the FACT that he has moved on from that used up harlot Sharon. They are so bitter about it, all they can talk about is how Adam is ruined and OOC, and Y&R isn't worth watching. They need to turn it off then because Shadam are NOT getting back together anytime soon, if at all. If they're that miserable, turn the channel.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 am

Some of this discussion has got me thinking about something I thought about earlier regarding Chelsea telling Dylan in today's episode about him making her a better person. That reminds me of when Adam would tell that to Sharon. He would tell her that you make me want to be a better man. Adam would make some strides, but mostly he was nice around Sharon when things were going well and not nice around others. Jack make the comment to Adam last year how he was a better man with Chelsea but with Sharon he was still the same old Adam around others.

I know some Shadam fans get upset at Chelsea getting the credit for Adam becoming a better person and not Sharon. I would acknowledge that Sharon helped play some role in that along of course, with Adam himself. I think the Shadam fans definitely overstate Sharon's role in Adam becoming a better person. Chelsea acknowledged Sharon helping him become a better person in Kansas before Chadam got married. Along the same lines, Sharon had told Adam that it was Chelsea who made him a better person.

Anyways, Chelsea telling Dylan today that he made her a better person is similar to Adam saying something like that to Sharon IMO. There may be partial truths in those statements. However, Chelsea kept lying all of those months while with Dylan and could not be her true self. Adam kept lying to Sharon about Faith all of those months and during their reunites he made some strides at being better, but something would happen between Shadam or something involving Victor kept Adam more on a dark path.

In saying all of this, I do seek to see Chadam all reformed, but treating each other well and staying more in the grey instead of dark would be my preference.

MAB made a great choice when she brought in an actress known for playing a dark character on another soap and having this character play a grey character and pairing her up with another grey/dark character and thus created Chadam.

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am

Regarding actors propping others, I would say that both MM and SC benefitted from Shadam. SC did help in MM getting more established more on the show and MM helped bring some buzz to SC's character At the same time, there were viewers turned off by the pairing.

I think MM and MCE have both benefitted mutually from Chadam. MM helped in getting MCE and the character of Chelsea more established on the show, and MCE's character helped in bringing in fans for Adam that he did not have previously. Both characters benefited IMO.

Veteran actors helping establish newer actors is just a part of it, along with other characters taking on a jealous or angst role in helping established characters and couples.

Of the many issues I have with Shadam, there is that element of people defending Sharon over Adam. I think that same issue is there with Chylan regarding how people would probably defend Dylan over Chelsea. With Chadam, you have two flawed characters who typically own that and can be viewed more as equals who bring out the best in each other IMO.

Nancy B

Postby Nancy B » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am

Didn't the ratings went really down when this Shadam thing started? I think they lost more viewers that time..... I don't even think that they've been a couple more than a month.... The writers are not stupid, they know where the money is.... and it's not on Shadam...

cdhg

Postby cdhg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:55 am

Quote cdhg: Some of this discussion has got me thinking about something I thought about earlier regarding Chelsea telling Dylan in today's episode about him making her a better person. That reminds me of when Adam would tell that to Sharon. He would tell her that you make me want to be a better man. Adam would make some strides, but mostly he was nice around Sharon when things were going well and not nice around others. Jack make the comment to Adam last year how he was a better man with Chelsea but with Sharon he was still the same old Adam around others.

I know some Shadam fans get upset at Chelsea getting the credit for Adam becoming a better person and not Sharon. I would acknowledge that Sharon helped play some role in that along of course, with Adam himself. I think the Shadam fans definitely overstate Sharon's role in Adam becoming a better person. Chelsea acknowledged Sharon helping him become a better person in Kansas before Chadam got married. Along the same lines, Sharon had told Adam that it was Chelsea who made him a better person.

Anyways, Chelsea telling Dylan today that he made her a better person is similar to Adam saying something like that to Sharon IMO. There may be partial truths in those statements. However, Chelsea kept lying all of those months while with Dylan and could not be her true self. Adam kept lying to Sharon about Faith all of those months and during their reunites he made some strides at being better, but something would happen between Shadam or something involving Victor kept Adam more on a dark path.

In saying all of this, I do seek to see Chadam all reformed, but treating each other well and staying more in the grey instead of dark would be my preference.

MAB made a great choice when she brought in an actress known for playing a dark character on another soap and having this character play a grey character and pairing her up with another grey/dark character and thus created Chadam.

I should clarify that I meant to say that I do not seek to see Adam and Chelsea all reformed, but treating each other well and being in the grey. Leaving out one word "not" makes a big difference in the meaning of a sentence or post.

I am looking forward to the upcoming month of episodes and Chadam scenes. I feel like the show has more purpose and energy now.

Ari1

Postby Ari1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Quote Laduree:
Quote jamilah:
Quote TwoOfEach: Wait, so the light bulb has finally gone off in Shadamite nation and a few of them are starting to realize that Shadam wasn't any good for Sharon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!That going back to him after discovering what he had done might have damaged her reputation while helping the character of Adam? But as long as Adam and MM were permanently grateful, it was ok. But now that Sharon is no longer Queen; Adam has his own love and family; and MM is skyrocketing--its unfair. GMAB.

They are just bitter that Adam's love for Peanut is more important than him saving Sharon. Sharon always put Adam before her kids. So I guess they thought he would do the same. Its not going to happen, Adam loves his baby so much and that video he made expressed that alot.

I hope y'all post in that thread. I'm sick of them trying to control the narrative regarding Adam and the FACT that he has moved on from that used up harlot Sharon. They are so bitter about it, all they can talk about is how Adam is ruined and OOC, and Y&R isn't worth watching. They need to turn it off then because Shadam are NOT getting back together anytime soon, if at all. If they're that miserable, turn the channel.

I just posted there. In this last go around with Shadam it was so clear the writers were dumping that pairing, especially when Adam used her for meaning sex. Adam has grown. When SC said she saw a Nick/Adam triangle going on for years to come, I thought who would want to play the same thing day in and day out. Boring. The truth is that Adam is a much stronger, multidimensional character now. Going back to Sharon would be a step in the wrong direction. The writers had to make Sharon mentally ill to explain why she'd choose sex over her daughter. Adam has only been a father a few weeks and you can see he'd do anything for his child. He's already a better father in a few weeks then Sharon ever was as a mother. Just like Chelsea became so toned down and like a stepford wife with Dylan, Adam could only play Sharon's lap dog with her. Chadam together can truly be who they are with each other. They come across as the most realistic couple on daytime. Love them!

Nancy B

Postby Nancy B » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Quote Ari1:
Quote Laduree:
Quote jamilah:

I just posted there. In this last go around with Shadam it was so clear the writers were dumping that pairing, especially when Adam used her for meaning sex. Adam has grown. When SC said she saw a Nick/Adam triangle going on for years to come, I thought who would want to play the same thing day in and day out. Boring. The truth is that Adam is a much stronger, multidimensional character now. Going back to Sharon would be a step in the wrong direction. The writers had to make Sharon mentally ill to explain why she'd choose sex over her daughter. Adam has only been a father a few weeks and you can see he'd do anything for his child. He's already a better father in a few weeks then Sharon ever was as a mother. Just like Chelsea became so toned down and like a stepford wife with Dylan, Adam could only play Sharon's lap dog with her. Chadam together can truly be who they are with each other. They come across as the most realistic couple on daytime. Love them!

ITA

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Thankful Chylan is behind us (at least for now) ~) Yuck! It could've been worse so I'll take it and run.

Look forward to hearing from CN fans today. I'm curious as to how Adam will escape arrest if the police learn that the pricey plastic piece fits Adam's car.

3WishGenie

Postby 3WishGenie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Quote justtwocents: Thankful Chylan is behind us (at least for now) ~) Yuck! It could've been worse so I'll take it and run.

Look forward to hearing from CN fans today. I'm curious as to how Adam will escape arrest if the police learn that the pricey plastic piece fits Adam's car.

Yea for now. I don't see Dullsea returning anytime soon especially when Davery/Shick has much more drama.

Maybe Adam tells the cop he won't allow him on his premises without a lawyer present and a warrant which prompts him to call Avery.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”