SOAPnet

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
isabelle673

Re: SOAPnet

Postby isabelle673 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Quote lynn1950: I really wish Directv offered an a la carte menu! so you could pick and choose what channels you wanted and you got just them!

This is my dream! But no way those greedy providers will let us choose! ;)

RealityCheck48

Postby RealityCheck48 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Quote yandrfanx_: Disney does not own ABC and ABC does not own SOAPnet.

Disney also does not own SOAPnet so Disney can't take SOAPnet off the air and we don't need a f*ckin Disney Junior channel anyways kids can watch the Disney, Sprout or NickJR channels cuz those channels got kiddie shows on them

Disney does own ABC and SoapNet. Get informed. Jeez. ~)

isabelle673

Postby isabelle673 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Quote RealityCheck48:
Quote yandrfanx_: Disney does not own ABC and ABC does not own SOAPnet.

Disney also does not own SOAPnet so Disney can't take SOAPnet off the air and we don't need a f*ckin Disney Junior channel anyways kids can watch the Disney, Sprout or NickJR channels cuz those channels got kiddie shows on them

Disney does own ABC and SoapNet. Get informed. Jeez. ~)

I did a basic google search. Took 2 seconds and yes, Disney owns soapnet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapnet

isabelle673

Postby isabelle673 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:05 pm

To further quote:

Soapnet ceased operations on most cable and satellite providers on March 22, 2012, with Disney Junior replacing it in its channel space.[2] An automated Soapnet schedule continues for providers who have not yet made carriage agreements for Disney Junior.[2]

So, Disney Jr is coming to a provider near you.

maci1215

Postby maci1215 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:07 pm

this is not true for everyone. as i have previously mentioned. i just got off the phone with my provider (direct tv) and they said the negotiations have not gone through yet and may not at all. if we lose soapnet, it wont be for a while

isabelle673

Postby isabelle673 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Quote maci1215: this is not true for everyone. as i have previously mentioned. i just got off the phone with my provider (direct tv) and they said the negotiations have not gone through yet and may not at all. if we lose soapnet, it wont be for a while

Yes, I just posted that negotiations haven't gone through with all providers, but they will and ultimately it will cease to exist.

Laurencia7

Postby Laurencia7 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Let me shed some light on the industry.

ABC/Disney owns several subsidiaries. They also own several channels, Disney channels, used to own Hallmark until Martha Stewart bought it, they also own SoapNet. SoapNet runs ABC aired soaps, and the others like YR and Days buy airtime on the network. ALSO ABC/Disney owns DirecTV, which carries most of these channels, and SoapNet. So this link may clear things up: support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3786/~/will-directv-continue-to-carry-soapnet%3F

Whether or not it will be continued is unsure, but in the ABC world, they own everything they want, and all the air space they want. If they cont to carry SoapNet on Directv they might see a surge in cable to satellite homes just for the shows. Which brings subscribers, which brings advertisers, which brings revenue, which brings ratings, fans, and more money for your soaps.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”