SPOILER: Michael Muhney

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
B. Capet

Re: SPOILER: Michael Muhney

Postby B. Capet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am

If he wins an Emmy (which he should) I think he will be more than happy to stay for a long time.

Axl Rose

Postby Axl Rose » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Quote TruthDetective: SPOILER:

I've read that MM's contract is up at the end of the year and he's publicly said that he expects to be moving on at it's end. What horrible news. I hope TPTB talk him out of it. I can't imagine Y&R without him now. I'll move on if he does and I imagine there will be a lot of other people just like me. ;(

You have to admit MM is Adam, he basically made that role his own and if he ends up leaving, I wonder who could replace him, no one could in my opinion, not unless they brought back Chris Engen as Adam, either way MM he had a good run here as Adam and if he wants to move on, we should be happy for him but I hope he stays

dazzleme

Postby dazzleme » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

This is how I see it, an actor's contract can be revoked at any time...we've seen that over and over...how many have we seen say they signed a contract but then was let go after their 13 week arc? Maura West anyone (among others)??? also I notice that it seems that when the writers realize the ratings have dropped, all of sudden there is all this buzz about someone's contract ending..which I see as a way for them to get viewers talking which increases traffic on the boards, which also causes a slight gain in viewers to see how that character will be written out! sounds like viewer manipulation to me! but of course this is all just my opinion!

sparklepony

Postby sparklepony » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Quote dazzleme: This is how I see it, an actor's contract can be revoked at any time...we've seen that over and over...how many have we seen say they signed a contract but then was let go after their 13 week arc? Maura West anyone (among others)??? also I notice that it seems that when the writers realize the ratings have dropped, all of sudden there is all this buzz about someone's contract ending..which I see as a way for them to get viewers talking which increases traffic on the boards, which also causes a slight gain in viewers to see how that character will be written out! sounds like viewer manipulation to me! but of course this is all just my opinion!

I agree with you, the contracts are only as good as the paper they are written on. They can be revoked at any time. MM is a ratings grabber so I cannot see him going anywhere soon.

tootoophyl

Postby tootoophyl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't beleive what he supposedly says publicly,because last year or the year before, he supposedly said the same thing, he was moving on. this is all got publicity.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 pm

A lot can happen in 6 months or so.
For me, Adam's character has made things exciting. Same as when Diane had a storyline.
I'd hoped Adam would be in line to take over Newman from Dad.
Before he leaves, if he does, I want to hear/see Victor admit to Adam that not everything was his fault, that if he had been fully accepted by the family when he arrived, things might have been totally different. ADAM IS MOST LIKE VICTOR.
I HOPE ADAM FAKES HIS DEATH (he looked suicidal from rejections today-Mon. show)AND STAYS AWAY, BUT LATER RETURNS WITH HIS VISION, AND A NEW LADY BY HIS SIDE.

It could also be a very interesting twist if Geni would
offer Adam an executive position at BON!!

Pinchy

Postby Pinchy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Michael Muhney has made it quite clear to his fans that he will not be a "permanent" soap star. He has greater ambitions than that. He came from prime time and he plans on going back. He tried out for the new Hawaii Five O, last year without success.
I would bet that if he got a better offer he would be out of here, especially if his contract was due.
Now having said all of that, I pray every night that no better gig comes his way because I would be devastated without my Adam!

abey

Postby abey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I beleive that Michael will be leaving. He is an extraordinary actor who belongs in movies and prime time. Much too talented to stay on a soap forever.

GrandGrace

Postby GrandGrace » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Quote dazzleme: This is how I see it, an actor's contract can be revoked at any time...we've seen that over and over...how many have we seen say they signed a contract but then was let go after their 13 week arc? Maura West anyone (among others)??? also I notice that it seems that when the writers realize the ratings have dropped, all of sudden there is all this buzz about someone's contract ending..which I see as a way for them to get viewers talking which increases traffic on the boards, which also causes a slight gain in viewers to see how that character will be written out! sounds like viewer manipulation to me! but of course this is all just my opinion!

I think this is a different issue than what was started in the thread. This is what EB was fighting TPTB about when he had his contract dispute. TPTB can cancel your contract in a 13 week arc, however they usually hold the actor to the expiration if they want the actor to stay. So EB was saying the actor takes all the risk. I wasn't addressing this issue I was addressing the issue of the contract expiring not being revoked by TPTB.

Suzie1053

Postby Suzie1053 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 pm

I love Michael Muhney. I hope he stays on the show because I think he is such a good actor!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”