Camryn Grimses talk Cassie's death

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Camryn Grimses talk Cassie's death

Postby eklovesjmalways » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Let's about soaps, the heart of daytime Camryn Grimes AKA Cassie Newman talk about how emotional playing Cassie's death was.

Camryn told us she wants to connect with her fans. She answer her own facebook and twiter. like and comment on her face book page.!/pages/Camryn-Grimes/139618812729346

Re: Camryn Grimses talk Cassie's death

Postby SherryRene » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank you.I love CG and Cassie.That is when the show went to Hell.Along with the nasty Phick and Shadam and it will never recover. %(

Postby Paggie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Nice to see a grown up Camryn. Thanks for the link.

IMO after the show killed off Cassie (and John Abbott) it began to loose it's way and it's roots. A whole decade of story history which should have provided material for years to come was wiped out when they killed her off. She was the only younger character who grew up on screen without the need for sorasing.

Cassie (along with Noah) was the next generation of Newmans - just like the sorased Abby is to the Abbotts now. Cassie Newman's character would have been the core of the teenage/young adult canvas. Camryn already had one Emmy under her belt and was capable of adding more. Big story telling mistake and huge loss for the show.

Postby countryMomof4 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks for the link. :)) I really enjoyed her time on the show and was sad to see her "die". %( That was some excellent acting!!

Postby ~Alexandria~ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm

That is very sweet how she says that out of all the Actors Joshua Morrow was a 2nd dad to her. That was a very high compliment she gave to him.

I remember the scenes so well, Joshua was at his best in acting back then at the loss of his daughter as well as Sharon too.

Postby dawn888 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

thanks, that was great to watch, she's so grown up now and I agree with her I am so glad they did not age Cassie and we got to watch her grow up on the show. She was phenomenal, and had no problem with the amount of dialogue they gave her. I still love that infamous wink she gave Nick, when she finally won his heart.

Postby LaBrae » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks for posting this. It was really nice seeing Camryn after all these years. Hey, I don't like all the doppleganger SLs, but I think I would love it if Camryn could come back as a Cassie lookalike. I always thought she was such a talented actress.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”