am i crazy for liking phyllis?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
emnick

Re: am i crazy for liking phyllis?

Postby emnick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 pm

As long as you don't get on her bad side, Phylls can sometmes be a pretty nice person. Sometimes she makes me want to scream with the decisions she makes and the schemes she comes up with, but I don't think the show would be the same without her.

teatalky

Postby teatalky » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Yes, she plays her character well, because you can't help but not like her, I guess it's the way she puts everybody else down for doing the same thing she does,and not being able to look at herself and see that she is no better than they are. She just seems to be all about herself, like in the hospital when everyone is worried about Nick and she pops off at Nikki and Victor, like it's all about her and everyone is intentially trying to do something to her, no-one was even thinking about her, and she just blurted out the most inapropriate stuff about poor pitiful her.
I wonder what they will do with the court case another example, here she is sleeping around and then she tries to use her snooping and the info about Brad and Sharon for her own benefit, because she doesn't have enough faith in Nike on his own, she thinks she has to control everything and then she makes it worse for herself, now she is facing jail.
Yes, I guess you could feel sorry for her, she plays the hot headed all about me character real well.

pfoster191

Postby pfoster191 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Quote teatalky: Yes, she plays her character well, because you can't help but not like her, I guess it's the way she puts everybody else down for doing the same thing she does,and not being able to look at herself and see that she is no better than they are. She just seems to be all about herself, like in the hospital when everyone is worried about Nick and she pops off at Nikki and Victor, like it's all about her and everyone is intentially trying to do something to her, no-one was even thinking about her, and she just blurted out the most inapropriate stuff about poor pitiful her.
I wonder what they will do with the court case another example, here she is sleeping around and then she tries to use her snooping and the info about Brad and Sharon for her own benefit, because she doesn't have enough faith in Nike on his own, she thinks she has to control everything and then she makes it worse for herself, now she is facing jail.
Yes, I guess you could feel sorry for her, she plays the hot headed all about me character real well.

WOW!!!! I can tell that you or not a Phyllis fan. But thats OK. I like her enough for the both of us.
Patti

Not2Nite

Postby Not2Nite » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:11 am

I also LOVE Phyllis. I usually watch Y & R just to see what she is up to. I think she does alot of wrong. But come on, doesn't everyone on that show. She is just more out there and dramatic then most. I like Phyllis and Nick together better then Nick and Sharon. I mean come on... look what Sharon has did over the years of her marriage with Nick. Sleeping with Diego (wasn't that Vikki's man also) Running off and getting caught up with that one man that suppossedly ended up dead and in the sewer... and she dragged Nikki into it. And where was Sharon when her daughter fell through the ice and was in the hospital almost dead???? Sharon is NO better then Phyllis. Sharon just tries to play the poor innocent me act... unlike Phyllis

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 am

Quote Kristi07: You are absolutely outta your mind gotta be crazy to like Phyllis!!!!LOL!!!! But you are absolutely entitled to like whomever you like!!! Did I say you were crazy...hehe!!

LOL! I hear ya. I can think of a few other characters who add drama without the malicious, viciousness of Phyllis. I have only liked her when she was with Jack (okay, tolerated her better), but not before that, and definitely not since.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 am

Quote davidsgirl: *) ok, play nice here people!! LOL but really, i like phyllis. i thought she was touching when she thought nick died. and even though she just can't seem stop her scheming ways, she's grown almost childlike and vulnerable when it comes to her relationship with nick. i truly believe she loves nick like no one else. and i'm sorry, but calling what she did to brad and sharon extorsion (sorry about the spelling??) is a bit much, like she's the first one in GC to ever try and blackmail someone. anyhow, i think gloria is waaaayyyyy worse than phyllis could ever be! actually i'm totally jealous of this girls figure!! i wish i were half as hot as she is!! ok you can let me have it now!! ;)

No your not crazy for liking Phyllis. Phyllis is very likeable and delicious. I think Phyllis would be great girlfriend and Mr. Nick should be glad that he is in her prescense, because he will never end up with Sharon. Jack definitely would have something too say about that!!

Phyllis would be a definite keeper.

LoyalYandRFan

Postby LoyalYandRFan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:24 am

No, no one is crazy for liking Phyllis. We all have our favorite characters. I actually like Phyllis when she is not with Nick. I even like her friendship with Lauren and Michael. They were so supported of her when she was pregnant. I even liked her scenes with Sharon. You know when they were teaming up to get the dirt on Nicki… Remember how Drucilla and Phyllis were with each other… their scenes would always make me laugh too.

I have to admit Phyllis brings a lot of drama to Y&R. I do hope the writer (LML) will take Phyllis into a different but interesting direction. I want Jack to be the father of Summer. I want Phyllis and Jack to hook back up. It would be nice if Jack and Phyllis could form their own company together. She did some good work for NVP.

It would also be interesting if the writer would bring Phyllis' family to the show... I cannot remember if she has ever talked about her family but it would be nice to see her mother, father, or sister or brother...

CandyLane5

Postby CandyLane5 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:21 am

Quote suegerry: With Michael ...although not a nice person....Phyllis ...I really enjoyed....

With Demon ....it was just as gross as with Nick and I think this is when this character started to slip away ..

With Nick the worst combination ever.....

I wonder why the writers did this to her character ...it only reminded us of all her past and a bad past .....that she had..... 3)

I totally agree.. the writer's have ruined Phyllis,, fans will never accept her with any man... ;(

Chrissi

Postby Chrissi » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 am

I like her. She adds to the show. It would suck if she were a goody two shoes.

She's bbbad to the bone... :) I too think she loves Nick. Not sure if there was any doubt from anywhere. I do believe that it was extortion that she committed though, but they always do this in the soaps, so who cares?!! HAHA!

2000Robin

Postby 2000Robin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:17 am

Michelle is my all time favorite. She is far more reaching in her feelings on screen than any of the other actors/actresses on Y & R. She can be playful, panicked, happy, scared, mad and you feel it all. She makes horrible decisions on the show and tends to follow her emotions and heart instead of her mind (thanks to the writers) which always keeps her in trouble.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”