Michael Muhney confirm 5 people fired last week

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Pepe le Pew

Re: Michael Muhney confirm 5 people fired last week

Postby Pepe le Pew » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 am

Quote MomofSydBlake:
Quote yandrfanx_:
Quote TruthDetective:
Quote yandrfanx_: Nobody is getting fired, I'm not believing that crap.

It's on the cover of this week's Soap Opera Digest.

No it's not

Yes, it is on the cover of SOD. It has at least the 4 of the 5; SPF, TR, ER, & DM. I have it on my night stand right now.

It says "Bloodbath at Y&R" with their pictures.

I think Genie is the 5th.

Jainay

Postby Jainay » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 am

I hope they get rid of Adam's role.It sucks

Lucy3

Postby Lucy3 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 am

I don't understand why this man takes it upon himself to tell the shows business. Is he the unofficial PR man or what? Is he just gloating because they're leaving and he's not? Most of these actors have a life outside the show but he doesn't seem to. Work and gossip seem to be all he has.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 am

Quote Lucy3: I don't understand why this man takes it upon himself to tell the shows business. Is he the unofficial PR man or what? Is he just gloating because they're leaving and he's not? Most of these actors have a life outside the show but he doesn't seem to. Work and gossip seem to be all he has.

He was at a PR event where he was answering questions presented by the audience. Surely he's not stepping outside the boundaries of what he's allowed to say considering there are probably representatives from the show there with him. If you followed that link and listened to the interview he wasn't even talking about the actual "news" but moreso the atmosphere and emotions felt behind the scenes. In one of the clips he point blank refuses to answer a question about Diane's murder because of his contractual obligations to Y&R. MM seems to be a professional, articulate and well-spoken and extremely intelligent. Maybe that's part of the problem for some, they are used to those tedious, nonsensical soundbites most actors give.

HandMeDownRose

Postby HandMeDownRose » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:23 am

Quote Jainay: I hope they get rid of Adam's role.It sucks

Freakin A. :D

soapgran

Postby soapgran » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 am

Quote Enchanted:
Quote Lucy3: I don't understand why this man takes it upon himself to tell the shows business. Is he the unofficial PR man or what? Is he just gloating because they're leaving and he's not? Most of these actors have a life outside the show but he doesn't seem to. Work and gossip seem to be all he has.

He was at a PR event where he was answering questions presented by the audience. Surely he's not stepping outside the boundaries of what he's allowed to say considering there are probably representatives from the show there with him. If you followed that link and listened to the interview he wasn't even talking about the actual "news" but moreso the atmosphere and emotions felt behind the scenes. In one of the clips he point blank refuses to answer a question about Diane's murder because of his contractual obligations to Y&R. MM seems to be a professional, articulate and well-spoken and extremely intelligent. Maybe that's part of the problem for some, they are used to those tedious, nonsensical soundbites most actors give.

Just because he answered a question ask doesn't mean he has "confirmed" anything. A lot of what stars say is oftimes taken out of context and is the cause of gossip. We (y&r viewers) have known for a while these actors were being let go, so it's not new news !!! JMO...

cybergidget

Postby cybergidget » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:39 am

MM knows how to work his crowd! What seems to be happening here, and it is jmo, is a lot like what happened on GL. They were caste heavy, sl clogged, budget short, and needed to scale down. Despite the fact that I had watched GL off and on for 20 or more years, when they cut the sets and went outside, they lost me. It cheapened the look of the show. The right look has great value. When long time characters just went totally around the bend, they lost me even more. I'm afraid this is what is happening at Y&R. I doubt that MM is in jeopardy. The have to have and alternative Victor. EB is getting older, he has numerous other personal projects, and has the freedom to exist whenever and however he chooses. Who will be the next Victor ... Evil Adam of course!

SadieLadie

Postby SadieLadie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 am

I keep hearing that Sam's character is leaving yet the Actor's picture was just added to the credits. Doesn't make sense. I hope it's not true. He's the best thing that ever happened to that show.

Hispanic at the Disco

Postby Hispanic at the Disco » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 am

Quote Enchanted:

LOL nice :) MM is a member of Mensa and speaks three languages so yes, he's one smart cookie!

MsKittylovesJack

Postby MsKittylovesJack » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

I have a fear that soon y and r will be off the air like so many others...... the soap world as we know it will be a memory ...... talk and reality will be the new soap boooooo and when that happens Neilson watchers will be history as well cause no one will be watching the old boob tube anymore .......

Return to “The Young and the Restless”