What happened to Phyllis

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
mdtuttle

Re: What happened to Phyllis

Postby mdtuttle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Quote trixie60: Mudtuttle, your theory is a very different one than mine but that's ok. We all have our different opinions as to what happened to Phyllis. My theory is that there is something Phyllis may be so ashamed of that she had to lie about everything and in doing so she left Avery behind. I may be wrong and I hope I am. Because I think that Phyllis may have been drawn into either being a stripper or some kind of illegal activity of other sorts I will not mention here. If you have a bigger imagination here, you will understand what I'm talking about. It's jmo but it's fun predicting what will happen next.

That is a possibility too. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Whatever happened one thing is clear Phyllis wants to keep it in the past.

mdtuttle

Postby mdtuttle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Quote Eppy:
Quote dawn888:
Quote Who writes this stuf: Don't forget the writing team. Phyllis is a writer favorite. I don't think it is anything that is going to vilify her. If anything, it would prop her up and further redeem her. She did some pretty crappy things in the past, some downright illegal. Whatever this secret is, it is going to explain her past in a way that people will have compassion and understanding.

I think so too, phyllis will survive this, and will get alot of sympathy, they will justify her behaviour by saying she was abused or something, same as they did with Kevin.

Perhaps Phyllis had a child and gave it away or sold it, and her family became repulsed by it. So, she just left rather than face the music. Speculation only, but lots of us are speculating so far.

That would add a whole new demension to the story and maybe explain why she was so adimate about getting Lucy when she found out she was her grandmother.

mdtuttle

Postby mdtuttle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Quote Lucy3: I'm going to be very surprised if this turns out to be something that was done TO Phyllis. I believe that it will be something that SHE did. The way they're building it up I expect we'll all be in for a big disappointment.

That may be the case, I hope not though.

yandrfan99

Postby yandrfan99 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Quote mdtuttle:
Quote dawn888:
Quote mdtuttle:
Quote gemsy:
Quote mdtuttle:
Quote spooner: Yes Phyllis said there was no abuse so I don't think that's what it is. She seems to feel very guilty and ashamed. Just a thought, maybe they had another sibling and some how they died because of something Phyllis did (unintentionally) or something happened to someone and she was blamed....

Like I said Phyllois could well have been lying about that to Micheal. She has obviously been lying for years to try and hide the truth. However you raise an interesting point too. There could have been something that happened, an accident that might have involved the death or injury of a family memeber and Phyllis may have been resposible, or at least thought to be resposible and she ran away.

If it was sexual abuse, then I think Phyllis would lie about it. She is deeply ashamed of what happened to her, even if it wasn't her fault. I have read that is the way victims of sexual abuse feel.

That is true, many times when a woman has been abused she feels like somehow it is her fault or she should be ashamed. This is of course not right, but it is the conditioning the under go during the abuse that many times makes them feel that way.

The storyline is interesting and I want to see how the writers are going to explain it. She is a vicious woman, so that must come from her upbringing yet she abuses people just as bad as she has been abused and there is no excuse for it so will it be a pity party for phyllis or not?? It won't change who Phyllis is, I fully expect after this storyline that she will continue bullying people as she always has. Whatever happens Phyllis will come out of this storyline no worse for wear. She is the writers favorite.

Phyllis can be a royal witch, but she has her good points too. For instance she did not have to tell Nick and Sharon about Faith being their child when she discovered the truth. Nor sis she have to spend all the time she did trying to find evidence to clear Sharon's name. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to make Phyllis out to be a saint, she has done some pretty rotten things too like taking Lucy away from Billy and Victoria. I'm just saying she is not completely one dimensional or all bad like some people think.

I don't think she is all bad but everyone on this show pays for their wrongs but Victor, Adam and Phyllis. It is time she payed her dues. When she does than I might change my miind about her but not until than.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Quote mdtuttle: I want to know what happened to
Phyllis that was so horrible that she felt the need to lie about her entire past. My best gues was she was sexually abused by a father or a stepfather but none of the family believed her so she ran away. Then maybe when she left the unwated attention was turned on Avery and Phyllis feels the burden of guilt and shame. Not only for what happened to her, but maybe because she feels like she placed her sister in danger by leaving. Kind of like the guilt Micheal feels over leaving Kevin behind all those years ago.

I looks like the writers are going to make Phyllis' hatred of Sharon more about Avery and much less about Nick. At least that's the way it looks. MAB really insulted Phyllis and Phick and Phyllis fans by having her be insecure and so jealous of Sharon. It would make perfect sense for Phyllis to be jealous of her famous and so far fabulous sister, but Sharon? It looks like MAB is undoing the travesty.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”