ANTHONY HERRERA--JAMES STENBECK-- ATWT--SAD NEWS

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
sugar543_99

Re: ANTHONY HERRERA--JAMES STENBECK-- ATWT--SAD NEWS

Postby sugar543_99 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 am

Quote Cannon:
Quote lovinthesoaps: WOW, very sad news. He was one of the greatest daytime villains ever and everytime he was brought back, I couldnt wait to see who he would mess with next. My sympathy goes out to his family.

Was he as good as our Adam?

James Steinbach was pure evil, but he did so many things in such a seductive way. so many characters fell right into his plan without even knowing.and all of his plans were very dark and manipulitave. Bless Anthony and all of his loved ones. there will never be another villian to replace him.

~Alexandria~

Postby ~Alexandria~ » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:09 am

Quote maryann54:
Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I don't remember him being on Y&R, but according to Wikipedia, he was.. they have known to be wrong from time to time.....but here is the info:

From the fall of 1975 to 1977, he played Jack Curtis, a college professor who cheated on his wife, driving her to obesity, on The Young and the Restless.

I don't recollect the storyline, but I know he was an abusive husband! But I remember Laurie Brooks who married Lance Prentiss, Chris Brooks who married Snapper Foster, I can't remember the sister's name but she was a concert pianist married to a dr., and then there was Peg Brooks who married the character that Anthony Herrera played, I believe you are right, that his name was Jack Curtis.

That was long ago, I really don't remember but he must have since it lists it in his resume, it must have been a short storyline, I usually remember then again, I was very young when I first watched the show.

That was from the beginning of the show 1st airing and people who were older than me supervised as I watched and some are still watching loyally like my mom, except for me.

She is also starting to get annoyed; it may be time for her and her friends that they stop watching too.

I don't care for the last 3-4 years of sick storylines.

iuki

Postby iuki » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:32 pm

What I remember most about him is that the writers had forgotten that he played the love interest of Susan as another character - I believe "Mark", but I'm not sure of the name. Several years later he joined the cast as James Stenbeck. :-)

I also remember that in an interview many years ago, he asked the writers if he could open his briefcase on a plane scene to show his lunch and a banana instead of important papers. He certainly had a great sense of humor. However, the writers told him no.

juicyju

Postby juicyju » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Quote mdtuttle: James Stenbeck was one of the best villians to ever be on daytime TV and Anthony Herrera played the part to perfection. It is sad to hear of his passing.

Not only was he the perfect villian, but he had a great sense of humor and relished his role. No soft edges, no redemption. He was so fun to watch. Adam is no James Stenbeck, he humorless and as I said before, an odious worm. Open the gates, God, here comes someone you will laugh at.

carolinasizzle

Postby carolinasizzle » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 pm

RIP. He was great

baybay

Postby baybay » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:32 am

Quote abey: Anthony, who played James Stenbeck in As The World Turns for many years died of cancer at the age of 67. Apparently, he has battled the desease for many years, even while on the show.

I know this is a Y&R board, but I thought some were fans of this soap and be interested.

That's sad. He was great as James Stenbeck.. SO evil!
I remember watching him on Y&R before that. He was involved with Peggy Brooks and she didn't know he was a married man. His wife Joanne was dealing with a weight problem and very insecure. When he finally divorced Joanne she went to live with Kay Chancellor. Katherine fell for Joanne romantically and Kay planned for her and Joanne to go on a cruise together. She tried to give Joanne a ring... when Kay's son Brock found out about how his mother felt about Joanne. Joanne told Kay she didn't feel about her that way and left, but the actress who played her really lost all that weight during the show. That S/L was pretty racy stuff back in 1977. Most fans didn't like it and they dropped it.. sending Joanne off into the sunset. :-)
I've watched Y&R since day one.. still the best!

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 am

@iuki- I think you are getting the character of Kevin Thompson confused with Anthony. That character was portrayed Michael Nader who went on to play Dimetri Merrick and Dex on Dynasty. I loved James Stenbeck in the early years. I really liked him and Margo together. Anthony Herrera was a great actor.

lvsdasnow

Postby lvsdasnow » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:00 am

Quote Cannon:
Quote lovinthesoaps: WOW, very sad news. He was one of the greatest daytime villains ever and everytime he was brought back, I couldnt wait to see who he would mess with next. My sympathy goes out to his family.

Was he as good as our Adam?

James was the best villan. Adam is evil. No one is as evil as Adam. IMO

Return to “The Young and the Restless”