What is happening with Soapnet??

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

What is happening with Soapnet??

Postby mermag » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Does anyone know if soapnet is going off the air and if so, when? Since we're losing our soaps, why can't they at least let us have the soapnet channel? I would certainly watch! ;)

Re: What is happening with Soapnet??

Postby trixie60 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:37 pm

mermag, I read that Soapnet is supposed to be cancelled in 2012 and that a Disney show will replace it. It's too bad because when I missed the show on my local station, I could record it on Soapnet so I could watch it or I could tune into it at midnight and watch it again or at seven p.m. too. So I'm not looking forward for it to be cancelled.

Postby jcyl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:38 am

That is too bad about Soapnet, but TIIC ruined soapnet.....it used to be re-runs of soaps from the week and of old shows......good promos, fun stuff.....

But TIIC decided to they needed to draw in a younger crowd and showed endless re-runs of 90210, One Tree Hill, and those shows fans coudn't care less. And in doing so, the lost a hugh viewership of soap fans of current and former soaps... 8)

Stupid, isn't is about making money.....advertising.....Many people watched soapnet, but Disney clearly no longer cares about our demographic... :~ 3)

Postby velocity » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 am

I just started DVRing a 70's soap called Ryan's Hope. It's just good old fashioned story telling. Nothing fancy, the styles are hilarious and hair is funny too. This one chick has round halo shaped hair. Too cool. Anyway, I watch Y&R on Soapnet too, but other than that, I wouldn't miss Soapnet because I can DVR Y&R from our local CBS station. It's supposed to go off the air in Feb 2012.

Jim and Terrie

Postby Jim and Terrie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:11 am

Sometime in January 2012 - To be replaced by Disny Jr.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”