Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
grammylove

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby grammylove » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm

P.S. As we get into the Christmas shopping season, please remember our little rescue animals waiting at the shelters. They very much need blankets. towels, and toys. Pay a visit to your local pet store; you will see what a few dollars can do.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

grammylove wrote:P.S. As we get into the Christmas shopping season, please remember our little rescue animals waiting at the shelters. They very much need blankets. towels, and toys. Pay a visit to your local pet store; you will see what a few dollars can do.

That's such a good suggestion. It is going down to the 20's in sunny North Carolina this weekend. I hope people will think about homeless people & animals & about their own outdoor animals to make them as comfortable & cozy as possible.

And I will be thinking about you Grammy, being able to stroll on a Pacific beach while the rest of us are painting our chapped lips with vaseline & shivering in our boots. When it gets this cold, I move in with my husband for a few days. He will have his upstairs toasty & I am too cheap to run my thermostat up as high as he does, just for me. I had to keep the heat high when Mama lived with me but ran the overhead fan at night in my room.
I hope everyone is preparing for a nice Christmas. We will have it with my daughter & grandson. He will be 5 soon & is getting his first bike for Christmas. My daughter got her dNA tested as part of a medical study & got 1062 matches, including two of my cousins so now we know it works. 99.9 % European so I am a bit disappointed by that but we still might get some surprises . They also told her she had a gene for a variant of cystic fibrosis so I am glad we dodged that bullet. They also said her muscle composition is that of skilled athletes. No wonder the little one is agile as an eel!

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

Please send good thoughts & prayers for my neighboring communities that are on fire. Many homes and animals destroyed.
My former home has burned, and my heart hurts for those affected - No Merry Christmas for them. Hoping God blesses them in other ways.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

grammylove wrote:Please send good thoughts & prayers for my neighboring communities that are on fire. Many homes and animals destroyed.
My former home has burned, and my heart hurts for those affected - No Merry Christmas for them. Hoping God blesses them in other ways.

I am so sorry, Grammy. So much suffering & so much of it seems to be climate related.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”