Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BobbiSox

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby BobbiSox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Calypso wrote:Hi Kritters!!

I just popped in to bring an after dinner treat!!

4 kinds of Bailey's ( that i didn't know existed until I went to a wedding this past weekend)
* Espresso Creme
* Salted Caramel
* Chocolate Cherry
* Vanilla Cinnamon

And vanilla ice cream to make sundaes, whipped cream, too!!! Yum

Salted caramel? I like the caramel. Didn't know they made a salted version. I think Wombat loved Baileys. Don't know if she had a favorite flavor. Some folks are true to the original, and never broaden their horizons with the new stuff. I'm willing to give 'em all a try, and thanks very much!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:09 am

BobbiSox wrote:
Calypso wrote:Hi Kritters!!

I just popped in to bring an after dinner treat!!

4 kinds of Bailey's ( that i didn't know existed until I went to a wedding this past weekend)
* Espresso Creme
* Salted Caramel
* Chocolate Cherry
* Vanilla Cinnamon

And vanilla ice cream to make sundaes, whipped cream, too!!! Yum

Salted caramel? I like the caramel. Didn't know they made a salted version. I think Wombat loved Baileys. Don't know if she had a favorite flavor. Some folks are true to the original, and never broaden their horizons with the new stuff. I'm willing to give 'em all a try, and thanks very much!

Yeah, she loved Bailey's. The original kind with lots of alcohol in it. I used to have to bring a couple of bottles every time I came to the Refuge. There must have been several hundred empties in the "Burrow". :mrgreen: I still miss her so much.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Blue, I came to Wombat later than you ... but almost immediately she reminded me that humor can rescue us from terrible situations in our real world. She made me smile when I least expected, and we certainly could use her now. I hope wherever our dear Wombat is, she knows we still miss her.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 pm

grammylove wrote:Blue, I came to Wombat later than you ... but almost immediately she reminded me that humor can rescue us from terrible situations in our real world. She made me smile when I least expected, and we certainly could use her now. I hope wherever our dear Wombat is, she knows we still miss her.

I hope so too. She was one of the bravest people I have ever known.

Calypso

Postby Calypso » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Happy Monday Everyone!!

I brought some cheese quesadillas with homemade corn/tomato salsa for a late lunch. And also some pinot grigio......We went as usual to our farmers market on Sat and the special guest was a rapter sanctuary. They brought 2 screech owls ( such tiny things), a peregrine falcon, a golden eagle and a bald eagle. All are rescues and must remain at the sanctuary. I was most impressed with the bald eagle, so majestic, and never seen one so close ( about 10 ft away). The handler/owner was so patient and caring, you could tell. We also got our weekly veggies...... I made a pot roast yesterday served with mashed potatoes and carrots from the pot......apple pie for dessert.....the captain was in heaven

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm

ummm. Thank you! Just what I need! I just mailed my 2016 taxes, a sheaf of papers that would choke a horse! This year I am going to try to organize & do them early. The bird program sounds great. We saw some rescued bird in a little show at a state aquarium near Beaufort. They had owls & buzzards & stuff & they also had a darling little parrot named Mango who would take your carefully folded bill & fly to the donation box & drop it in. We had a good time, especially the smallest one of us. It was Pirate Festival too so the oldest among us (me!) enjoyed some pirate watching too. They talk like me! :mrgreen:

I am reading Charles Frazier's "Thirteen Moons". I think he wrote it in the 1980's. I have laughed out loud a few times. Very good. I am part Frazier (aka Fraser) as well.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

Blue, I am re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. A recent news article stating that a school is removing the book from its' library prompted me to want to go back to this favorite again. I will always remember the messages in this wonderful book, and never tire of watching the movie.

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm

grammylove wrote:Blue, I am re-reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. A recent news article stating that a school is removing the book from its' library prompted me to want to go back to this favorite again. I will always remember the messages in this wonderful book, and never tire of watching the movie.

Hi Grammy, I liked that movie too and love to read. The name of the book Im reading now is called Fancy Pants. The author is Susan Elizabeth Phillips.There is a lot of drama in it and a love story also. Cannot seem to put it down. I have never read To kill a mockingbird but the movie was great.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”