Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
grammylove

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby grammylove » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm

P.S. As we get into the Christmas shopping season, please remember our little rescue animals waiting at the shelters. They very much need blankets. towels, and toys. Pay a visit to your local pet store; you will see what a few dollars can do.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

grammylove wrote:P.S. As we get into the Christmas shopping season, please remember our little rescue animals waiting at the shelters. They very much need blankets. towels, and toys. Pay a visit to your local pet store; you will see what a few dollars can do.

That's such a good suggestion. It is going down to the 20's in sunny North Carolina this weekend. I hope people will think about homeless people & animals & about their own outdoor animals to make them as comfortable & cozy as possible.

And I will be thinking about you Grammy, being able to stroll on a Pacific beach while the rest of us are painting our chapped lips with vaseline & shivering in our boots. When it gets this cold, I move in with my husband for a few days. He will have his upstairs toasty & I am too cheap to run my thermostat up as high as he does, just for me. I had to keep the heat high when Mama lived with me but ran the overhead fan at night in my room.
I hope everyone is preparing for a nice Christmas. We will have it with my daughter & grandson. He will be 5 soon & is getting his first bike for Christmas. My daughter got her dNA tested as part of a medical study & got 1062 matches, including two of my cousins so now we know it works. 99.9 % European so I am a bit disappointed by that but we still might get some surprises . They also told her she had a gene for a variant of cystic fibrosis so I am glad we dodged that bullet. They also said her muscle composition is that of skilled athletes. No wonder the little one is agile as an eel!

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 am

Please send good thoughts & prayers for my neighboring communities that are on fire. Many homes and animals destroyed.
My former home has burned, and my heart hurts for those affected - No Merry Christmas for them. Hoping God blesses them in other ways.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

grammylove wrote:Please send good thoughts & prayers for my neighboring communities that are on fire. Many homes and animals destroyed.
My former home has burned, and my heart hurts for those affected - No Merry Christmas for them. Hoping God blesses them in other ways.

I am so sorry, Grammy. So much suffering & so much of it seems to be climate related.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Here is something interesting (at least in my opinion).
(1) You don't have just one parathyroid gland. You have four of them.
(2) A type of breast cancer can put out parathyroid hormone but there is a blood test that can differentiate between PTH hormone that came from your glands and that produced by cancer.
3) Radiation for breast cancer can affect your thyroid & parathyroid glands.

I am getting saddled up for my next "wild ride"
through the health system, starting with a full day of scans & tests on Wednesday at Duke Raleigh. Wish me luck, please.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Well good luck Blue! My family is riddled with breast cancer ... My Mom, my sister, my niece. Somehow I escaped the gene, but most of our younger ones have not. This generation is dealing with the decision to be pro active and choose to have mastectomies and hysterectomies to prevent cancer. I am grateful I am beyond the age of that decision, but fret a bit about the little girls in the family that have yet to learn about the gene and what to do about it. Perhaps some good news will present itself, we can only hope. But again, good luck with all the tests!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:50 pm

grammylove wrote:Well good luck Blue! My family is riddled with breast cancer ... My Mom, my sister, my niece. Somehow I escaped the gene, but most of our younger ones have not. This generation is dealing with the decision to be pro active and choose to have mastectomies and hysterectomies to prevent cancer. I am grateful I am beyond the age of that decision, but fret a bit about the little girls in the family that have yet to learn about the gene and what to do about it. Perhaps some good news will present itself, we can only hope. But again, good luck with all the tests!

That's terrible, Grammy. I was tested for the gene & do not have it so that is good news for my daughter. I have 9 aunts & only one had breast cancer & so far as I know, just one of my 50+ cousins. I guess I am just unlucky that way but I am glad none of my loved ones are at extra risk. My surgeon's nurse got me alone & told me that having seen all that she had seen, that if she were I, she would just have them both removed. In the long run, it may have been better but I was in a new marriage (and in denial) so I opted for a lumpectomy but it turned out to be a partial mastectomy & I chose the kind of radiation that you get intense doses twice a day for 5 days instead of 5 days a week for 6-8 weeks (b/c I was taking care of my elderly mother by then & did not want to leave her home alone every day for so long). In retrospect I may have made bad choices but it is hard to know what to do when you are suddenly hit with bad news. No matter how much you read. Thank you for the good wishes. I am a survivor, no matter what.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”