Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Blue 501

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:15 pm

[quote="deceived"]Blue so sorry, I just read your post... I have been busy during the holidays... lots of company... and my mother-in-law I always talked about, she was 91, with five generations in our town, died of cancer on Oct. 19. So many people coming and going... my husband had power of attorney, so we had lots to do... anyways... there is a hole in our lives...God Bless You...
My husband is wandering around also...he is in grief... anyways... so sorry for your loss...you were a very good daughter...[/quote]

Thank you D. I am sorry about your mother-in-law. It has been rough. An aunt died on Oct 29, my mother on Oct 31, and another aunt-my favorite- on Nov 19. The first aunt had two funerals & the 2nd was in Virginia on the same day as Mother's so the family was split between the two. I managed to go to three of the four but it was a challenge. I am executor & we met with her attorney and he told me to come back in 30 days, & when I did, another long trip to the coast, it finally dawned on him that Mother had lived with me in the Piedmont for 11 years so he could not file her will down home.So I had to start all over up here & am way behind on the things that need to be done. Mama did have most of her accounts as JT-ROS which turned out to be a really good thing b/c none of those things have to go thru probate. Most of them transferred to me as soon as I sent a death certificate but some of them still had my old name on them so I had to fill out forms requesting a name change And a transfer as well as a death certificate AND a certified marriage license. It took me most of December to get it all done & there are a lot of weird & contradictory bequests to try to figure out. Then I have to file her taxes (by Dec 31. How do I do that when the 1099's don't come for months?)

deceived

Postby deceived » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:55 am

Go to taxforms.gov. for your state, type in the form 1099, and print it out, or go to a library, or post office for a form...hope that helps...

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:10 pm

[quote="deceived"]Go to taxforms.gov. for your state, type in the form 1099, and print it out, or go to a library, or post office for a form...hope that helps...[/quote]

Have not checked the state site but IRS.gov is still only listing the 2014 forms. I might make an appt with a CPA. I usually do her taxes & mine but I don't want any mistakes of any kind on this.

deceived

Postby deceived » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:56 pm

We were lucky enough to have Hospice come in for her last few weeks, and they figured out to the day when she would go... So my husband did all the mounds of paperwork during the weeks we had left... everyone got to visit her, etc... the funeral planned and paid for... now we are selling her house... which is another problem...deaths in the family are hard on everyone...

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:11 am

[quote="deceived"]We were lucky enough to have Hospice come in for her last few weeks, and they figured out to the day when she would go... So my husband did all the mounds of paperwork during the weeks we had left... everyone got to visit her, etc... the funeral planned and paid for... now we are selling her house... which is another problem...deaths in the family are hard on everyone...[/quote]

Yes, they are hard. And Mother should have just gone to sleep & passed away before morning. That would have been so much easier to bear. Instead she took a hard fall around 2 a.m. in the morning, landed on her quad cane & suffered a perforated viscus. And died slightly less than 24 hours later on my birthday.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”