Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Blue 501

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:34 pm

grammylove wrote:I love your stories, Blue. The sun is shining in my town as well. Since I am now widowed, I have moved with my daughter to this little community near the ocean. It is well known for it's surfers, so I have found a lovely spot where I often take lunch with a little bottle of champagne & watch them ... also can spot the occasional group of dolphins. The locals who grew up here will come no matter what the weather. I have met a dad with his 4 year old daughter who comes regularly to surf. She is in her little pink wet suit, helping to carry her little pink surfboard. He takes her way out & she lays on her board & paddles in. He tells me he has been bringing her since she was 2. I also spend time at "Swami's", a meditation garden owned & maintained by Buddhist monks - It is a heavenly place to sit & be quiet!

I haven't been here long but I have adjusted, and all in all, this is a pleasant place to spend my last years.

That sound so lovely. I know you had some pretty rough years and deserve this peace. I am glad you are with your daughter. Are you on the west coast?

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

I am on the west coast, Blue. I'm on the ocean a few miles north of San Diego. It's not far from where I lived before, but that was inland and very desert like, and of course living by the sea is so very different. The weather is mild of course, which is beautiful. Also, I have come to appreciate the unconventional and slightly strange style of dress. There are still plenty of folks like me, but I have found that anything goes here. Just because you may be going to an upscale restaurant doesn't mean you can't wear your cut off shorts with your hot pink mini shirt & straw hat (the one with the seashells on the brim). Of course matching flip-flops on the feet are welcome, especially if you have flourescent toenail polish. 8-)

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm

The candles in the window don't seem to be doing their job. I brought a couple of battery operated lanterns that should spread light further out, so that the path can be seen. The refuge needs the warmth of old friends to restore the comfort it was intended to communicate. Bless you all that are out there somewhere.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:56 pm

grammylove wrote:I am on the west coast, Blue. I'm on the ocean a few miles north of San Diego. It's not far from where I lived before, but that was inland and very desert like, and of course living by the sea is so very different. The weather is mild of course, which is beautiful. Also, I have come to appreciate the unconventional and slightly strange style of dress. There are still plenty of folks like me, but I have found that anything goes here. Just because you may be going to an upscale restaurant doesn't mean you can't wear your cut off shorts with your hot pink mini shirt & straw hat (the one with the seashells on the brim). Of course matching flip-flops on the feet are welcome, especially if you have flourescent toenail polish. 8-)
grammylove wrote:I am on the west coast, Blue. I'm on the ocean a few miles north of San Diego. It's not far from where I lived before, but that was inland and very desert like, and of course living by the sea is so very different. The weather is mild of course, which is beautiful. Also, I have come to appreciate the unconventional and slightly strange style of dress. There are still plenty of folks like me, but I have found that anything goes here. Just because you may be going to an upscale restaurant doesn't mean you can't wear your cut off shorts with your hot pink mini shirt & straw hat (the one with the seashells on the brim). Of course matching flip-flops on the feet are welcome, especially if you have flourescent toenail polish. 8-)

I stayed a night in San Diego. We had picked up a couple of hitch hikers at Big Sur & decided we would give them a ride to Mexico. They had friends along the way who did not mind 4 guests. It was fun & San Diego was pretty. The couple was from CT. This was long haired hippie times when every one seemed friendly. The boy had to cut his hair before they would let him cross the border. Later they wrote & said "It's Paradise! Come on down", I did but my bf did not (1) want to cut his hair & (2) only ate about 5 different things & was afraid he would starve. I went & stayed for a month & had a pretty good time. There were a million things I could eat. lol. My hotel cost 50 pesos a night. It was an old colonial hotel right on the beach but the fashionable hotels were the modern ones which cost at least 20 times more. Free breakfast of 5 kinds of local fruit (divine!). toast. coffee. I would often have lunch there. A whole spiny lobster with cocktail onions beaded onto its antennae with Asparagus Mimosa. Very nice. It cost as much as my hotel room but 50 pesos was just $4.80 then. Lots of European & Canadian tourists staying in Puerto Vallarta & mostly more civilized than the Americans so never lonely. Memorable vacation.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:58 pm

grammylove wrote:The candles in the window don't seem to be doing their job. I brought a couple of battery operated lanterns that should spread light further out, so that the path can be seen. The refuge needs the warmth of old friends to restore the comfort it was intended to communicate. Bless you all that are out there somewhere.

Yes, hope they will spend more time here. I always love it here but I can picture it so vividly. It is sad that several are gone forever but it feels as if they are still here.

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:01 pm

I haven't read a lot of the posts here but I'm feeling lost because my husband passed away about three weeks ago. My grown kids have been great helping me out but I had been married a very long time. Now life is so different. I'm hoping that time will make it better. Thanks for this thread because it's a place to go when your not feeling good.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 pm

trixie68 wrote:I haven't read a lot of the posts here but I'm feeling lost because my husband passed away about three weeks ago. My grown kids have been great helping me out but I had been married a very long time. Now life is so different. I'm hoping that time will make it better. Thanks for this thread because it's a place to go when your not feeling good.

Trixie, I am very sorry that your husband has passed on. After so many years, it must be like losing a part of yourself. You are very welcome to the Refuge. Yes, this is a peaceful spot we invented to make ourselves feel better. It's an old fashioned farm house with a fireplace and rag rugs on the wood floors and lots of flowers & wildlife in the yard. Please come & stay awhile any time you feel like it.

sparklepony

Postby sparklepony » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 am

trixie68 wrote:I haven't read a lot of the posts here but I'm feeling lost because my husband passed away about three weeks ago. My grown kids have been great helping me out but I had been married a very long time. Now life is so different. I'm hoping that time will make it better. Thanks for this thread because it's a place to go when your not feeling good.

Aww hunney.. I am so sorry.. I can't even imagine how sad and lonely you are.. hang in there..

Return to “The Young and the Restless”