Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Calypso

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby Calypso » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

Welcome Trixie to the refuge.....It's a wonderful place to just get out of the pandemonium of life sometimes......
Grammy...we are fine here at the beach, thank you for asking about us....we had some rain, just a few inches and some wind, but nothing compared to other parts of the US from the recent hurricanes, I feel we are blessed.....
I think the old place looks wonderful, someone has really been doing some cleaning here, it looks all spiffed up....I brought some smoothies and chicken salad croissants for lunch.

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Thank you to the posters who have replies to my post. I really appreciate it. Wish I could have replied sooner but today was better. My grown children have been so great. They have been there for me as much as they can. They work but they have still made the time to help me. I'm very lucky. At least now I have found all the wonderful posters here who are here in this thread who understand about losing a loved one. There are so many memories that I have, some good and some not so good. I know I will never forget my husband but now it's time to manage my own life and move on.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 pm

trixie68 wrote:Thank you to the posters who have replies to my post. I really appreciate it. Wish I could have replied sooner but today was better. My grown children have been so great. They have been there for me as much as they can. They work but they have still made the time to help me. I'm very lucky. At least now I have found all the wonderful posters here who are here in this thread who understand about losing a loved one. There are so many memories that I have, some good and some not so good. I know I will never forget my husband but now it's time to manage my own life and move on.

You can and you will. I am still missing my mother who died in 2015 on my birthday. She was almost 100 & I knew she could die any day but I was still not ready & even today, as I was picking my crop of Scuppernong grapes I thought "I wish Mama was here. She loved these so much!" So I picked half of them & left the other half for our mocking birds to enjoy. I am sure she would have approved.

poisonberries

Postby poisonberries » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Blue 501 wrote:
trixie68 wrote:Thank you to the posters who have replies to my post. I really appreciate it. Wish I could have replied sooner but today was better. My grown children have been so great. They have been there for me as much as they can. They work but they have still made the time to help me. I'm very lucky. At least now I have found all the wonderful posters here who are here in this thread who understand about losing a loved one. There are so many memories that I have, some good and some not so good. I know I will never forget my husband but now it's time to manage my own life and move on.

You can and you will. I am still missing my mother who died in 2015 on my birthday. She was almost 100 & I knew she could die any day but I was still not ready & even today, as I was picking my crop of Scuppernong grapes I thought "I wish Mama was here. She loved these so much!" So I picked half of them & left the other half for our mocking birds to enjoy. I am sure she would have approved.

Hope there is room for one more here. I feel for you Blue 501. I'm the sole carer for my 94 year old mom and my family live far away.

She's doing well, but it's a 'Snakes And Ladder game,' and 'What you gain on the slide, you lose on the swing.' I don't know how I will cope when the day comes where I don't have to go into her bedroom at 6.00 am with a cup of coffee and a cookie. :cry:

Usually when I go into a thread, I try to read all the replies before I respond, but you will have to forgive me if I don't even try to read almost 12,000 posts. :lol:

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:28 pm

Blue 501 wrote:

My mother and father have both passed on too. I have only my children and three grandchildren. One of them will be a year in December. He is a real cutie. Your mother was very lucky to have lived that long. My father died when he was almost ninety three. My mother was not so lucky. She died at age seventy two. From what I have experienced, it seems like a lot of people who have passed on seem to know when it will happen. My husband did and he was right.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:36 am

Welcome Poison Berries. No, you don't have to read 12,000 posts. However, I wish I could tell you where the fun parts are. We used to have some fascinating characters who posted on here & an elaborate fantasy world constructed mostly thanks to a tough little Aussie known as "Wombat".

I had my mother for the last 11 years of her life. It put a crimp in my life but I promised I would not send her to a home as long as I could physically care for her. And I would not take anything for those extra years with her. She was a fascinating character too who could do almost anything. When she was 99 we found there were pictures of her in a photo exhibition from pictures taken in 1938. She was wearing blue bell bottomed sailor pants, a little cropped red sweater & a Mickey Mouse shirt. The narrator for the exhibition turned out to be a Duke History Professor who had already interviewed Mama but did not realize she was the "Micky Mouse Girl". Once we connected the dots, he invited me to speak about Mama when the exhibition was shown in our home village. Mama set broken legs for pets, cured hides, grew beautiful gardens, & stood up for the oppressed & when she got extra EOY dividends her eyes would light up & she would start thinking who she could gift who really needed it.. I was very proud of her.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 am

Trixie, as sad as I know you must be, you are very lucky to have children and a grandbaby. I have a daughter & a 4 year old grandson who who is a bit of a miracle. Wild as a Tasmanian devil but kind of sweet & extremely good looking (of course! :mrgreen: ) I have a husband too & we look out for each other even though we do not live in the same house (long story). I need to finally learn to speak Russian fluently though because as he gets older, his English & other languages are fading along with his hearing. He is a character too-my favorite kind of people.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”