Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
trixie68

Re: Lost Kritters Refuge & Club House/No bash please

Postby trixie68 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Calypso wrote:Welcome Trixie to the refuge.....It's a wonderful place to just get out of the pandemonium of life sometimes......
Grammy...we are fine here at the beach, thank you for asking about us....we had some rain, just a few inches and some wind, but nothing compared to other parts of the US from the recent hurricanes, I feel we are blessed.....
I think the old place looks wonderful, someone has really been doing some cleaning here, it looks all spiffed up....I brought some smoothies and chicken salad croissants for lunch.

Thanks, Calypso. The beach sounds like heaven to me after all I have been through this summer. I know things will get better because this winter my grown kids and I will be going on a trip soon. It will be great. Thankfully the hurricanes didnt hit our way either.

trixie68

Postby trixie68 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:54 pm

sparklepony wrote:
trixie68 wrote:I haven't read a lot of the posts here but I'm feeling lost because my husband passed away about three weeks ago. My grown kids have been great helping me out but I had been married a very long time. Now life is so different. I'm hoping that time will make it better. Thanks for this thread because it's a place to go when your not feeling good.

Aww hunney.. I am so sorry.. I can't even imagine how sad and lonely you are.. hang in there..[/quot

I guess when something happens like it did, mostly I am stuck with all sorts of emotions and playbacks in my head of what has happened. Like ambulance people trying to revive my husband and at the hospital, how he looked when he died, and our marriage. It's really hard to forget about someone that you've known for so long.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello my friends ... this morning at the beach I met a homeless lady who lives in what looks like a small school bus. Everything she owns is in this vehicle, including a small dog. After we talked awhile, she trusted me enough to show me her treasured belongings. Much of it seemed to be things from her past that she had somehow saved, and some were items she had collected as she walked on the beach. What touched me most were old photos ... as she showed me the pictures, she named the people as if I should know who they were. It struck me that this was someone's mother/grandmother. I brought her some groceries & dog food and left her to her thoughts and memories. Feeling blessed.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 pm

grammylove wrote:Hello my friends ... this morning at the beach I met a homeless lady who lives in what looks like a small school bus. Everything she owns is in this vehicle, including a small dog. After we talked awhile, she trusted me enough to show me her treasured belongings. Much of it seemed to be things from her past that she had somehow saved, and some were items she had collected as she walked on the beach. What touched me most were old photos ... as she showed me the pictures, she named the people as if I should know who they were. It struck me that this was someone's mother/grandmother. I brought her some groceries & dog food and left her to her thoughts and memories. Feeling blessed.

That was a wonderful thing to do, Grammy. And talking to her probably was as precious a gift to her as the groceries for her & her pet. Bless you.

poisonberries

Postby poisonberries » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 am

I wish I had seen this thread 5 months ago when I had to move to a new place with mom. As everyone knows, moving is 'a day spent in hell', and I had a 'bossy boots' SIL leading a troop of family members I didn't ask to come to help. She made sure it got worse. How I kept my tongue in check that day has to be called "Divine Intervention.' :lol:

When my 'helpful' family left, and I got mom to bed, I stared at the wreck of all my plans. My SIL had unpacked cartons that weren't to EVER be unpacked, filling every space with junk, leaving no room for the stuff that HAD to be unpacked!~!!! :evil:

But at least I got my PC going, the Internet connection worked and I was able to to get onto this site...at last familiar ground. But this thread may have let me have a real 'vent,' :cry: (I can be a bit of a whinge pot so you may have to rein me in. :oops: )

poisonberries

Postby poisonberries » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:13 am

grammylove wrote:Hello my friends ... this morning at the beach I met a homeless lady who lives in what looks like a small school bus. Everything she owns is in this vehicle, including a small dog. After we talked awhile, she trusted me enough to show me her treasured belongings. Much of it seemed to be things from her past that she had somehow saved, and some were items she had collected as she walked on the beach. What touched me most were old photos ... as she showed me the pictures, she named the people as if I should know who they were. It struck me that this was someone's mother/grandmother. I brought her some groceries & dog food and left her to her thoughts and memories. Feeling blessed.

You seem to be like me. I moved to a new place 5 months ago. I do have someone who takes me shopping each week, but I needed to go to the Pharmacy at the shops closest to me for mom. I met a man and his dog. He was sort of scary looking, the sort of person most people would step around...but I stopped, petted his dog, and talked to him.

When I left him, I thought, "I'm most probably the first stranger he has seen lately who stopped to give him the time of day." I felt a lightness of spirit as I walked up that damn hill that kill my legs! :lol:

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 am

Good morning Kritters. Hot Kenyan coffee with cream & spicy apple turnovers. Dear old NC. It was in the 90's yesterday here. Tomorrow it will be in the 70's by day & in the 50's at night. Isn't our weather peculiar?
I am meeting my daughter & grandson for lunch today. Chipotle Grill makes a fake meat burrito for my vegans & I like their pork carnitas with beans & lots of hot sauce, both green & red. He already has his witch costume ready & is excited about Halloween. He wants us to be witches too. He had a wonderful time last year as Dr Who. He has been doing Halloween since before he was born. One year he went as a wee dragon rider perched on his mother's back. (She had tights & a top that looked like iridescent scales). The year she was pregnant, I gave her one of my old gowns & she made it look as if something was bursting out of her belly (Alien style). She is very creative. (& not a little macabre at times. Wonder where she gets that?)
After lunch I have an appt with my endocrinologist so I need to get my records in order now. Probably won't be on again until this evening.I wish a good day to everyone.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 am

Hi, The coffee today is from Ecuador. Orange & cranberry scones. I am going to the coast for a day or two.I wish comfort to everyone who is in pain-physical or spiritual. This is a big reunion for me tomorrow. The descendants of the people who had their ancestral land taken to build Camp Lejeune early in WWII. My mother was born in that area, in 1915 & there are a few originals left. I have to print off some family trees & start packing. Nearly everyone there is kin to me in some fashion & a lot of them have very interesting family trees. One of my Gillette cousins is a descendant of Buckner Barry, a Texas Ranger who migrated to Texas in the 1830's when it was still very wild & wooley. I have a copy of his book, signed by my cousin who had it reprinted in this century. He tells one story of settler women hiding from Indians in the grass. One of them had her baby & she had to choke him into unconsciousness. That sounds like a horrible thing to do but if he had cried out he & all the women & children would have been killed. The girls used to be taken into captivity & raped repeatedly and made sport of, such as burning off their noses with a hot coal clamped in a holder. Babies were often killed immediately. Frontier life was not for the weak.

grammylove

Postby grammylove » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:59 pm

I think I will skip over all the bad news of the day. I went to the local animal shelter, just a few blocks from here ... and
bottle fed some feral kittins. My plan if I can, is to help socialize them so that they will be adoptable in a few weeks.
On this sad day, it was a bit of a comfort.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 pm

grammylove wrote:I think I will skip over all the bad news of the day. I went to the local animal shelter, just a few blocks from here ... and
bottle fed some feral kittins. My plan if I can, is to help socialize them so that they will be adoptable in a few weeks.
On this sad day, it was a bit of a comfort.

I would like to do that! It would be a long drive for me though.It IS a terribly sad day. Why would someone who seemed to have everything he needed do such a horrible thing?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”