If Eric Braeden retires from YandR

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
G-14 classified

If Eric Braeden retires from YandR

Postby G-14 classified » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 am

If one day Eric Braeden retires who should play the role of Victor Newman if YandR continues there successful run. One name comes to mind I'm sure there are others. Eric brought a since of style and class to the show he will always be known as Victor Newman. My pic would be.... Pierce Brosnan

mama rosa

Re: If Eric Braeden retires from YandR

Postby mama rosa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 am

No one, if the writers tried to fill his shoes after all these years it would just be dumb. Nick would step up into the Newman monarch of the family and carry on..

BabygirlAH

Postby BabygirlAH » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 am

Quote G-14 classified: If one day Eric Braeden retires who should play the role of Victor Newman if YandR continues there successful run. One name comes to mind I'm sure there are others. Eric brought a since of style and class to the show he will always be known as Victor Newman. My pic would be.... Pierce Brosnan

That would be the perfect choice. I also like that English Guy that plays on the Nanny. It has to be someone that doesn't mind TV and someone that has an accent. So he would be a good choice to me.

grammapam

Postby grammapam » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 am

I think Mama Rosa is right.No-one could fill his shoes.It just wouldnt be right imo.Its been too long a time for EB,and he should just fade into the sunset and let Nick carry on.The way he's been acting lately,he's just like his Dad anyway.Dontcha think?

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:57 am

Maybe he won't leave for a very long time...he's the character we love to hate. And look at Kathrine's age; apparently she's not leaving any time soon and still gets good storylines.
When/if Victor Newman is no longer part of Y&R, I hope to see Nick and Adam running the Newman Enterprises. Yes, Adam because of interesting controversy and storylines between him and Nick and family. Remember, Adam IS his father's son in every way and just as sneaky or clever. Not that he would leave him anything but there could always be a legal challenge that would end up including Adam.
I've always enjoyed Victor and Nikki's on/off relationship.

iuki

Postby iuki » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Quote mama rosa: No one, if the writers tried to fill his shoes after all these years it would just be dumb. Nick would step up into the Newman monarch of the family and carry on..

I'm crossing my fingers that Adam will take over NE.

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Quote iuki:
Quote mama rosa: No one, if the writers tried to fill his shoes after all these years it would just be dumb. Nick would step up into the Newman monarch of the family and carry on..

I'm crossing my fingers that Adam will take over NE.

Both the boys later on.... Makes good buisness sense

reng

Postby reng » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Well, Nick gets along with Jack, so that would take away the family feud aspect — which might be a good thing.

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm

It would make sense for Nick to take over... he has been trained by his Dad for years, along with Victoria.....

What does Adam know about the business????..... he who was given a chance by his Dad when he came to town.. and tried to run the company into the ground with his grandiose ideas that he was sooo smart since he was a Harvard graduate.....

NOOOOOO,,, if I were Victor, I would not let him anywhere close to a business I spent my entire life building.

Nick and Victoria may be spoiled.. but they really do know the business of NE.

Adam only wants Sharon and revenge for his poor, pitiful, abused life that Hope and Cliff gave him.... OMG.. gag me..

The longer Adam stays around... the more I dislike this character...

But, back to Victor.... I don't think EB is going anywhere.. until he wants to... and Y&R will not be the same without him.

We all love to hate Victor becasue of his power and control freak personality... but he is not a sociopath.. nor has
some twisted concept of life... his personality is derived from scratching his way from an orphanage to where he is..... It has always made sense..... There are hundreds of
Victors in this world...

I would say, Bill Bell created the perfect character to represent the very rich, powerful SELF MADE MAN.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”