Spoiler:Brad/Collen

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
fanieli

Re: Spoiler:Brad/Collen

Postby fanieli » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Generally speaking, fathers are jealous of their daughters when they find a guy. But I don't like the way Brad controls Colleen. Yes, he has every right to be concern when it comes to her, but from there to cut her off financially, to take her car back, to fire her from Clear Spring just because Adrian works on it... I mean, I don't know how much she can take! If I were in her shoes I would've done the same thing, meaning leaving with Adrian, but of course, Brad will be there to stop her. Brad forgets that Colleen is no longer Daddy's Little Girl. She's an adult who can make her own decisions.
Brad if you continue to meddle in her life, you'll lose your daughter forever and you'll have no one to blame but yourself!

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Brad is a concern parent and I fully agree with him....that is MY OPINION ONLY....and I see it brings the worst out.... :)

As for age...it is being known these days on tv, radio and internet by psychologists, since the horrible happening in Virginia....parents have a roll to play in their young adult children's life. Parents are never too far from their child's heart and Colleen to me is just a bit too young to take off with her professor....nothing is known yet, about this supposed to be so intellegent person (the little professor).

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Exactly.

Earth calling Colleen you can't run away from your family.

They are a "constant" in your life the little prof is not! :)

sewyoga

Postby sewyoga » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:41 pm

Brad role as parent does not give him unconditional authority to interfere in Colleen's decisions. Brad is a a parent who uses manipulative methods to try to control his daughter. She chooses not to give in. If he continues with his behavior, he will lose his daughter and he will have no one but himself to blame.

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 pm

Manupilative actions..... ?)

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Well Brad told her he does not approve and if she does not like it......move on.

What is suppose to do lie and say he condones the relationship. I think not.

Kids will always whine when the don't get their way.

Glad Brad cut her off and told her she can start fending on her own seeing that she wants to play house.

BabygirlAH

Postby BabygirlAH » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:35 pm

I just hope Colleen and Adrian marry to put this tired storyline to rest.

valencia4love

Postby valencia4love » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Quote BabygirlAH: I just hope Colleen and Adrian marry to put this tired storyline to rest.

I couldn't agree more!!! Married them off already, please!!!

crzy4shows

Postby crzy4shows » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:42 pm

I despise Brad and what he is putting Colleen through is deplorable. He is such a hypocrite. People say Colleen is acting immature by sneaking around with Adrian,. WTH do you call Brad for sneaking around? He is worse because his lying, when found out, will hurt other people. If Colleen and Adrian are found out, who gets hurt? Colleen and Adrian, that's who. If they are willing to take that chance then who's business is it but theirs? Brad needs to tends to his own business and stay out of Colleen's!

BabygirlAH

Postby BabygirlAH » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:46 pm

Quote valencia4love:
Quote BabygirlAH: I just hope Colleen and Adrian marry to put this tired storyline to rest.

I couldn't agree more!!! Married them off already, please!!!

They'd make beautiful babies. Anyway, Let them be. Brad is being somewhat hypocritical as he is running around with Sharon. So Colleen is only doing what he is doing. But Colleen has no reason to hide what she is doing, she's an adult and can do whatever she wants. This storyline of Brad controlling her is dumb. I understand his concerns, however. But she's old enough to make her own choices.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”