SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
jackspaniel

Re: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Postby jackspaniel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 pm

Quote SouthernLady: i think if you don't like the way y/r is now...stop watching.....

i don't want the show to go back to the days of twin beds for married couples...

I totally agree. We don't want to go back to the Lucy and Ricky - I Love Lucy - days! Times change.

SouthernLady

Postby SouthernLady » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:50 pm

plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

jackspaniel

Postby jackspaniel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:53 pm

Quote SouthernLady: plus...i don't think a 5 year old is going to understand the lustier comments..etc......even if viewed.....

Good point! And I think it is the mother's responsibility to see that the 5 year old is watching Sesame Street or whatever (that's what it was when my kids were little) instead of Y & R. The writers are not writing the show for children nor should they. Soaps are not children's programing. If a mother thinks her child should not be watching then she should shut the TV off and tape Y&R and watch it after her child is in bed.

emnick

Postby emnick » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:02 pm

I agree a soap opera should not be for small children. I hope when soaps come on the children should be in school at this time unless they are under the age of five( thye should be watching cartoons or something. All of the soaps out there conatin nothing but adultry, blackmail, who's the daddy, and murder. I am loving every minute of it though!

jam26

Postby jam26 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Quote jackspaniel:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote jackspaniel:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote jackspaniel: I don't believe there is anything on the Y&R that you don't see if you watch primetime network TV. 8)

That's exactly the point. This is on during the time of day when young children are home who might be exposed to some of the lustier scenes on the story...not something I would want my 5 year old to see! Childen this age are usually in bed at when primetime viewing rolls around.

Primetime is from 7PM-9PM. I don't know of any kids that live around us here that are in bed by 7PM especially not during the summer months.

On the east coast, primetime starts at 8:00 p.m. I thought that was true across the country.....at least, that's what I found when traveling.

Well we are in the central time zone and primetime is advertised at 7PM-9PM.
In case you are interested, prime time is 7-11pm eastern and pacific time zones, 6-10pm mountain and central time zones.

emnick

Postby emnick » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Are we talking about Soap Net? If so it is up to the parents to keep there children from watching. Then again I watched soaps when I was a little kid and I knew this is make believe, but there are alot of influences in the world today besides soaps. If they are not getting it from soaps they are getting it elsewhere.

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:24 pm

My way of looking at this show is that you have to use common sense when it involves children...by children I mean in their teens....younger they should be hugging their teddies or caressing their dolls.

Children should be exposed to better things...things that will make them evolve; not fiction stories full of disfunctional families and etc.

CandyLane5

Postby CandyLane5 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:31 pm

My six year knows what's going on on this show more than me... so go figure..
But if they dont show Cadrian doing it instead of intelligent conversation the fans complain... so it's acually the viewers they are trying to please...
so if the bedhopping bothers you complain... I think they will listen.. :))
I, personally, hate sensatialism, explosions, fires, kidnappings, murders, on a weekly basis to keep people entertained, but I like the way they are doing it now so far... I am happy with Y&R... I am still tuning in everyday...

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:33 pm

It's good we all have our opinion of this show.... :)

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:26 pm

Quote CandyLane5: My six year knows what's going on on this show more than me... so go figure..
But if they dont show Cadrian doing it instead of intelligent conversation the fans complain... so it's acually the viewers they are trying to please...
so if the bedhopping bothers you complain... I think they will listen.. :))
I, personally, hate sensatialism, explosions, fires, kidnappings, murders, on a weekly basis to keep people entertained, but I like the way they are doing it now so far... I am happy with Y&R... I am still tuning in everyday...

I don't mind nice love scenes like those between Adrian and Colleen...I didn't even mind the conversation between Ji Min and Jill as I think it was hilarious. Kevin's comments were a bit over the top. Believe me, I'm no prude...I teach MOLL FLANDERS which is quite risque, even though it was written in the 1600s!
Bandura's Social Cognitive Theory states that when viewers(even children) don't understand what they're watching and the language being used, the tendency is to repeat the language and behavior.
I started watching the soaps when I was about 11...but it was a kinder, gentler world where things were alluded to rather than stated or shown!
We, as adults, know that the soaps have no semblence to real life and just about every aspect of real life is amplified in the story lines.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”