SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Re: SPOILER:TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 am

Quote SouthernLady: oh well...i just started watching in dec and don't watch when cadrian is not on.....

i thought they got married in another state and were going to have another marriage....

you are right they got married in another state ...which makes their marriage legal and binding...

what soap opera is not 50% sex or talking about sex..TV should not be a babysitter for children...check out the rating for Y&R TV14 which has the following definition:

Parents Strongly Cautioned
This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age. Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this program and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 watch unattended. This program contains one or more of the following: intense violence (V), intense sexual situations (S), strong coarse language (L), or intensely suggestive dialogue (D).

I never would think of allowing a child to watch.

PS

How many of you were complaining about sexual content when Sharring and Nick were married and having to rely on "sexcapes" and "fantasies" with Sharring always in her skimpy underwear ????? makes one go hmmmmmm.

heart and soul

Postby heart and soul » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:40 am

I think the content of the show when Nick and Sharon were married was a little less filled with sexual content. It seems that the writers are filling the show with a more lusty content now than before.
Yes, I can change the channel and often do when it gets a little raunchy. I remember when Mr. Bill Bell was still writing and even the sex scenes were tastfully done. Now it has become as some posters say, " over the top." Worst of all Y&R is not the only one!

jackspaniel

Postby jackspaniel » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:48 am

I remember some pretty "sex filled scenes" between Nick and Sharon years ago. Once in particular comes to mind when Nick set up a fancy tent somewhere and had a meal catered and Sharon was in a very skimpy negligee and the scene got pretty hot. I don't think the soaps have changed that much - or should I say - in comparison to how life in general has changed - the soap is just keeping up with that.

phick4ever

Postby phick4ever » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:22 pm

I have been gone for awhile from posting, but lurking and laughing, then last week I was in an automobile accident and broke my wrist and have multiple bruises...so typing is slow and painfully...but I wanted to add my two cents worth.

I don't understand the "over the top" regarding sex scenes??

When the Abbotts first appeared on screen in 1980 Jack was having sex with multiple partners...safe sex????

I agree with an earlier post regarding Snapper Foster, while dating and after being engaged to Chris Brooks, he was having a long time affair with Sally who gave birth to Snapper's first born Pierre Charles Roulland....safe sex???

Katherine Chancellor was having sex with everyone but her husband, Jill walking around in sexy nighties helped her get Phillip's mind off it.

Jill was married to John but having an affair with Jack.

there are multiple instances of sex scenes over the padt 30 years...maybe the acting is now just more realistic???

SouthernLady

Postby SouthernLady » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:42 pm

and really..what is a soap w/o sex......

this is nothing new.....

phick4ever

Postby phick4ever » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:48 pm

^^^I Love Lucy!!!!

StaceyT

Postby StaceyT » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Quote phick4ever: I have been gone for awhile from posting, but lurking and laughing, then last week I was in an automobile accident and broke my wrist and have multiple bruises...so typing is slow and painfully...but I wanted to add my two cents worth.

I don't understand the "over the top" regarding sex scenes??

When the Abbotts first appeared on screen in 1980 Jack was having sex with multiple partners...safe sex????

I agree with an earlier post regarding Snapper Foster, while dating and after being engaged to Chris Brooks, he was having a long time affair with Sally who gave birth to Snapper's first born Pierre Charles Roulland....safe sex???

Katherine Chancellor was having sex with everyone but her husband, Jill walking around in sexy nighties helped her get Phillip's mind off it.

Jill was married to John but having an affair with Jack.

there are multiple instances of sex scenes over the padt 30 years...maybe the acting is now just more realistic???

First off: Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get well soon :))
I have to agree with you, there has always been sex, adultry, passion ect. I think that as the days roll on more and more is allowed on tv, and the show is just rolling with the flow.
I know I learned my first dirty word from Y&R (rhymes with smut) and got my mouth washed out for using it. I didnt know what it meant but had heard it on the show when I was around 7. I was calling everyone this name 8);)
If it didnt show any of these things, nobody would watch it. The steamy scenes is what makes it worth watching for some IMHO! ;) :D

kimyla

Postby kimyla » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:47 am

Phick I was wondering where you were.. I am soory to hear about your accident..I hope you feel better soon.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”