Soaps In Depth Magazine

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
acura222002

Re: Soaps In Depth Magazine

Postby acura222002 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:05 pm

Quote glowery: Myself I don't see a conflict in VR writing unless she is writing for her own character, then I could see the conflict. But I can also see the producers side, if they let VR write, there may be other actors on the show who are aspiring writers and would feel snubbed if they were not allowed to do the same. You can't do for one what you won't do for another and have a happy set.

As far as her the part about her not getting the emmy nod, well she is not the only actor on the show that does a great job. So if she is upset about that, well tht does tend to sound a bit like sour grapes.

If Vr is happier off the show, then good for her!!

As far as her not getting the emmy nod, you can't sit here and tell me that she didn't have one of the major storylines last year. When it was revealed about Lily in March '06 until Feb '07 her portrayal was on point!! She should've gotten an emmy nod. There is no whay you can dispute that!! :0 We all know that it took Susan Lucci 20 yrs. to finally win, but she was nominated almost every year. VR couldn't even get a nomination. The she carried Dru, her one liners and remarks when Dru/Neil would have their conflicts. Come on now!!! !) She also stated that they industry does not hire minority anything. Writers, producers, casting directors, makeup artisits, anything. I believe this is somethins she wanted to help change but I think it just fell on deaf ears. ?)

OspreyGirl

Postby OspreyGirl » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Quote acura222002:
Quote glowery: Myself I don't see a conflict in VR writing unless she is writing for her own character, then I could see the conflict. But I can also see the producers side, if they let VR write, there may be other actors on the show who are aspiring writers and would feel snubbed if they were not allowed to do the same. You can't do for one what you won't do for another and have a happy set.

As far as her the part about her not getting the emmy nod, well she is not the only actor on the show that does a great job. So if she is upset about that, well tht does tend to sound a bit like sour grapes.

As far as her not getting the emmy nod, you can't sit here and tell me that she didn't have one of the major storylines last year. When it was revealed about Lily in March '06 until Feb '07 her portrayal was on point!! She should've gotten an emmy nod. There is no whay you can dispute that!! :0 We all know that it took Susan Lucci 20 yrs. to finally win, but she was nominated almost every year. VR couldn't even get a nomination. The she carried Dru, her one liners and remarks when Dru/Neil would have their conflicts. Come on now!!! !) She also stated that they industry does not hire minority anything. Writers, producers, casting directors, makeup artisits, anything. I believe this is somethins she wanted to help change but I think it just fell on deaf ears. ?)

Great post, thanks for your insights! 3)

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:17 pm

Quote acura222002:

100% on point! I mean for further evidence that these pre-noms can appear to be nothing more than a popularity contest rather than based soley on talent, no disrepect, but Ashley and Kay didn't have anything close to major front-burner s/ls last year to showcase their acting abilities, yet they got the emmy pre-nom? 8) Furthermore, Neil, Lily and Devon all got pre-noms, so basically the entire Winters family got pre-noms, but not Dru who CARRIED the Winters' family s/l the entire year didn't? Come on it's staring ya in the face ~)

golden retrivers

Postby golden retrivers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Quote alaw: Since W. Bell died the story lines are starting to suck

then ''why'' are so maney of us hanging in there ''like little per*** blanks :D :D :D :D

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Habit...but all habits can be broken with enough incentive ;)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't know what is supposed to be staring me in the face on this but I just don't get it. If all the Winters other than Dru got a nod...what does that mean? To me, it means VR made some enemies...some powerful ones, maybe. And if she was upset about them not wanting her to write, she may have aggravated the situation. She's an actress, not a writer. She had no right to make demands about it and the writers didn't owe her a thing on that.

Now, in the last year, she was given a ridiculous story line. I could not even stand to watch her going after Carmen, disobeying court orders, showing her newly adopted son exactly what NOT to do at every turn, blaming Carmen for her husband's wandering eye (but not him, even though he started it), getting drunk and breaking into Carmen's place to cut up her clothes, assaulting Carmen in the break room. This I blame on the writers. She made no sense and she contradicted herself. Even when she interacted with her grown children she was calling them BABY BABY BABY until I wanted to choke her myself.

So I don't see how she could have gotten the Emmy nod for that crappy story. But because that would have required support from her peers, something happened. She had to be fighting with someone or more than one. You cannot drop the race card on this if everyone else in the Winters family got the nod. It doesn't stare me right in the face at all.

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:59 pm

Not sure why you mention race in response to my post, I never mentioned race, nor intimated it. If you're assuming I was, you are incorrect. What I was referring to is clearly not evident to you, as you state and that's fine. I don't see the point in trying to clarify, so I won't. Moving on now ;)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 pm

Quote Soulsistah: Not sure why you mention race in response to my post, I never mentioned race, nor intimated it. If you're assuming I was, you are incorrect. What I was referring to is clearly not evident to you, as you state and that's fine. I don't see the point in trying to clarify, so I won't. Moving on now ;)
Well, I guess I just could not figure out what else was supposed to be staring me in the face that someone would not name. But if not that, then I am still not seeing it. I believe I got that idea from another post, not yours, but then I had no idea what was staring me in the face. Sorry, didn't mean to upset you.

Chrissi

Postby Chrissi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Race has nothing to do with this so let's not even go there.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”