Coffee Time

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
NJ SOAP LADY

Re: Coffee Time

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 pm

BobbiSox wrote:
NJ SOAP LADY wrote:First I want to say hello everyone and hope you have a good day.
Second I want to say, many may have seen the news but for others my prayers for the city of Paramus Nj. Yesterday school bus taking 5th graders on a field trip collided with a dump truck on route 80. One child and one teacher were killed. All of the other 40 people on the bus needed hospital care several needed surgery and are critical. I can't imagine the heart break they are all going through

I don't watch the news anymore because I don't want to hear stories like that. Heart breaking is what that is, and there's not a thing we can do about it. I do occasionally pop in to the Weather Channel and I had a good laugh yesterday when their headline spread across the screen was this: DANGEROUS FLUID SITUATION EVOLVING. Really? What's wrong with "Heavy rainstorms ahead". Hahaha! Hope you're keeping safe and warm and dry! :)

Ok here. Rain early in week. Some areas nj ny CT no power still. .....I never lost power in this storm had to do some errands today and passed some blocked off roads and areas where huge trees were down pushed to side of road for now

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Fri May 25, 2018 4:49 am

Good morning. Hope everyone enjoys this holiday weekend. I'm heading to my niece wedding. ..tomorrow. weather to be in 80s and beautiful but then rain Sunday Monday. Hope rain holds off as my daughter and her family came from Florida and flying back Sunday.

Have a nice Memorial Day Weekend

Gnuc

Postby Gnuc » Fri May 25, 2018 5:08 am

Hi everyone.. hope all is well. I have been busy busy.. my flowers are growing but the weeds are even happier LOL. And lots of walking.. such a nice time of the year to walk..

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 am

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:Good morning. Hope everyone enjoys this holiday weekend. I'm heading to my niece wedding. ..tomorrow. weather to be in 80s and beautiful but then rain Sunday Monday. Hope rain holds off as my daughter and her family came from Florida and flying back Sunday.

I know you'll have a fabulous time! I just love weddings, especially wedding cake. I hope your niece has a sun-shiny day.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 am

BobbiSox wrote:
NJ SOAP LADY wrote:Good morning. Hope everyone enjoys this holiday weekend. I'm heading to my niece wedding. ..tomorrow. weather to be in 80s and beautiful but then rain Sunday Monday. Hope rain holds off as my daughter and her family came from Florida and flying back Sunday.

I know you'll have a fabulous time! I just love weddings, especially wedding cake. I hope your niece has a sun-shiny day.

Thanks. Yes last night pre wedding casual dinner on patio of hotel beautiful night. Today will be in 80s.

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun May 27, 2018 5:50 am

Sunday morning it's rainy day, not great weather for memorial weekend. Wedding was beautiful now guests are starting to checkout of hotel. Hope my daughter and family can get home to florida. With rain here in nj and tropical storm in Florida not sure yet if the flight will leave or not.

Oh well can't control weather

ANorris

Postby ANorris » Sun May 27, 2018 8:01 am

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:Sunday morning it's rainy day, not great weather for memorial weekend. Wedding was beautiful now guests are starting to checkout of hotel. Hope my daughter and family can get home to florida. With rain here in nj and tropical storm in Florida not sure yet if the flight will leave or not.

So glad to hear that the weather was good for the wedding but too bad it's rainy today...you are quite correct - we can't control the weather (yet). I always liked the story of Camelot where it only rained at night so that the days were filled with sunlight!

NJ SOAP LADY

Postby NJ SOAP LADY » Sun May 27, 2018 1:42 pm

ANorris wrote:
NJ SOAP LADY wrote:Sunday morning it's rainy day, not great weather for memorial weekend. Wedding was beautiful now guests are starting to checkout of hotel. Hope my daughter and family can get home to florida. With rain here in nj and tropical storm in Florida not sure yet if the flight will leave or not.

So glad to hear that the weather was good for the wedding but too bad it's rainy today...you are quite correct - we can't control the weather (yet). I always liked the story of Camelot where it only rained at night so that the days were filled with sunlight!

Yes. I remember that song. Would be wonderful if it never rained til after sundown as the song says. At least my daughter and family only had an hour delay in take off so should be home soon but then they have storm there

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Mon May 28, 2018 10:46 am

I was hoping you would have good weather for the wedding and that's great that you did! I'm in Northeast Florida, where we're having rain and more rain. I love the summer rains here, but I feel bad for those who planned an outdoor celebration this week-end. I guess those of us who live here always need to have a Plan B. I always do.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Could be worse. Flash floods in an area near Baltimore. NC had flash flooding in a couple of Raleigh sites last week. Too much concrete & asphalt-the rain can't soak into the ground & has to go somewhere. A lot of the rivers & creeks are dammed too. I wonder if there would be less flooding if the water was allowed to go straight to the rivers & the sea. They are taking out the Milburnie Dam near Raleigh. That river has been dammed most of the time since colonial times. They are already starting to find shad in areas where there have probably not been any since the 1700's. Shad used to be one of the biggest catches in NC. Now if they want to have a shad festival they have to buy them from some other state. I remember eating shad roe as a little girl. Very tasty. Sturgeon need to get upriver to spawn also. And unlike shad, which is all bones, sturgeons have no bones. They have a bony armor plate instead. Very primitive but very delicious. AND they make caviar! Used to be so many they looked like a flotilla of submarines swimming up river. Now nearly extinct.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”