Did I miss something in regards to Skye?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dafyduc

Did I miss something in regards to Skye?

Postby dafyduc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it against the law to fake your own death? Have there been any charges against her. She needs to be taken down a peg or two (or three)

soapgran

Re: Did I miss something in regards to Skye?

Postby soapgran » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Quote dafyduc: Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it against the law to fake your own death? Have there been any charges against her. She needs to be taken down a peg or two (or three)

They have no evidence she has committed any crime.

Canada-Eh

Postby Canada-Eh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Quote dafyduc: Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it against the law to fake your own death? Have there been any charges against her. She needs to be taken down a peg or two (or three)

that's what i was wondering. i thought it was illegal, but there she is, out walking the streets with no charges against her. ?) 8)

BrocksBabe

Postby BrocksBabe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeah, I have been trying to figure out that one myself. No mention of it by anyone. You'd think the Newman clan would be all over it.

Oreo123

Postby Oreo123 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Whether or not she did is still up in the air. Finding her Harvard ring identified a mutilated chopped up decomposed body. Did Adam plant it there? Who knows. What I want to know is WHO WAS THAT? ?)
Does Skye have any relatives? Meggie perhaps?

One more thing......PCIII faked his death. Why wasn't he charged with a crime?

crjb1

Postby crjb1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Quote soapgran:

They have no evidence she has committed any crime.

Exactly. There is finally a strong willed, smart, fearless woman on the show to compete against the nutless dudes, why mess with it?

crjb1

Postby crjb1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Quote Oreo123: Whether or not she did is still up in the air. Finding her Harvard ring identified a mutilated chopped up decomposed body. Did Adam plant it there? Who knows. What I want to know is WHO WAS THAT? ?)
Does Skye have any relatives? Meggie perhaps?

One more thing......PCIII faked his death. Why wasn't he charged with a crime?

I'm not sure if faking a death is actually a crime unless there is a fraud claim associated with it. He faked it to leave, not to get out of debt, avoid prison, collect insurance or anything. I think it's like changing a name. Unless you do it for illicit purposes, there is no crime against it. My thoughts.

crjb1

Postby crjb1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Plus, this is similar to when everyone thought Victor has died in the boating mishap where Palin was killed. Victor left everyone to think he was dead. No different to what Skye did.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”