Paternity debates - Faith and Summer

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Enjie

Re: Paternity debates - Faith and Summer

Postby Enjie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Quote Caysieee:
Quote LadyLamar: It is a soap, nobody's paternity door is ever closed.

Yeah which is why I dont get why this thread was started! Neither both or one of these girls paternity could change if the writers run out of ideas for s/l.

Well, since you asked, I will tell you. Everyday I see posts regarding Summer's and Faith's paternity so I thought I would ask the posters what their opinion is on the subject since it seems to be a popular topic.

mulan2

Postby mulan2 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

I thought Nick was not Cassie's bio dad ?)

pippin

Postby pippin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Quote HOT PINK:
Quote pippin:

I know that I can't wait until we find out that Lauren and Jill's real father is Noah (now played by Wilford Brimley). ;)

Thanks, pippin! I needed a good laugh! ;)

You're welcome! I'm just glad you know who Wilford Brimley is, so when Y&R signs him, you'll will understand what a big star the show has landed. ;)

Enjie

Postby Enjie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Quote mulan2: I thought Nick was not Cassie's bio dad ?)

Not bio dad. He adopted her, raised her and loved her as if he was her bio dad.

Crimson1

Postby Crimson1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:10 am

Quote pippin:

I know that I can't wait until we find out that Lauren and Jill's real father is Noah (now played by Wilford Brimley). ;)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) and a snort too!

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 am

Quote laurie6: The paternity of summer and faith can be changed at any time, they left it open for both of them to be easily changed. It all depends on how bad they need a s/l that will get everyone talking again.

exactly.. look at jill.. any paternity can change and it happens all the time.. Lily was 17 when she found out the truth.. I think both summer and faith's paternity was left in doubt for a reason... sharon being all crazy at the time she got her results leaves it all in doubt for me.. and the fact that neither her or nick showed anyone the results

KLB79

Postby KLB79 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 am

Quote Enjie:

You have a point. The changed Lily's after all many many years later. I was just trying to make a point that it would be easier to change Summer's then Faith's. Even if they do, Nick would love them regardless.

I have to disagree on this point because I feel it would be easier to change Faith's than Summer's. With Nick being the only one who saw Summer's test and saying he was the father if he lied about the fact then like others have said that would mean he really wanted to be with Phylllis and not Sharon. That would really suck for Shick. However, the fact that Sharon wanted Nick to be the dad so bad and she is the only one who saw the test and she was unstable at the time leaves that door wide open.

Also in the case of Lily they did not really change her paternity. They just wanted us to all forget what happen with Dru and Malcolm all those years ago until it made for a good S/L. There was always the possibility that she was Malcolm's and he and Dru both knew that but Neil did not.

Finally to your original point on the DNA test. I dont know if any of you watch the sister show Bold and Beautiful but years ago Ridge and Eric took a DNA test for Bridget in which they made a point to say they had to do a specialized test because Ridge and Eric were father and son. Years later the writers made Bridget Eric's daughter and Ridge not Eric's son. The fact that Ridge and Eric were not related never came out in the DNA test because they were not checking to see if they were related. Further Ashley is said to have a different father than Jack and Billy which would further complicate the matter. I could see saying possibly that you could check through Ashley's DNA because she is Jack's half sister, but techinically Billy and Ashley do not share any DNA because they do not have any parents in common biologically.

Whew I said a lot but the point is for right now Nick is the father of both children and it would be nice to not have to debate the point.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”