i hope jill wins

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dwb26

Re: i hope jill wins

Postby dwb26 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Quote Castro: Jill needs to humble herself and Lauren needs to have some compassion. They are both selfish by nature. No wonder they are related.

If Jill wins, I hope she wins half of what the company was worth when their father passed on. Lauren has worked hard to build that company and maintain its stature. Jill doesn't deserve what Lauren has worked so hard to maintain but she does deserve half of what their father left at that moment in time.

Will be interesting to see these two go at it.

I agree. If Jill gets anything at all it should only be a portion of his estate when he died.
That being said.the writers will do what ever they want without any regard to realism.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote Legal Eagle 1: I'm sorry but I think Jill has every right to Neil's estate and there is a clause in his will to prove it. He gave Jill away like a puppy and her mother died of a broken heart. Lauren grew up in the lap of luxury while Jill grew up a maid's daughter. I think the Fenmore's owe Jill and I think she should have as many rights as Lauren.

There is no clause in the will. No such thing. It was worded to all my heirs who may be living. Jill isn't an heir because she was adopted. I posted the Wisconsin status for all to see about adopted children and their legal rights pertaining to bio parent's wills and estates a couple of posts back

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Quote dwb26:
Quote Castro: Jill needs to humble herself and Lauren needs to have some compassion. They are both selfish by nature. No wonder they are related.

If Jill wins, I hope she wins half of what the company was worth when their father passed on. Lauren has worked hard to build that company and maintain its stature. Jill doesn't deserve what Lauren has worked so hard to maintain but she does deserve half of what their father left at that moment in time.

I agree. If Jill gets anything at all it should only be a portion of his estate when he died.
That being said.the writers will do what ever they want without any regard to realism.

Realism is she wouldn't get anything at all and no attorney would even take her case unless he is a shiester lawyer milking her for money.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

ITA.

Why is it that Jill is always looking for 1/2.....it reminded me of her and Ms C estate. ;)

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Your Quote:ITA about your first half of your comments. The 2nd part I don't remember the answer to that. End your Quote

Shozeyque2..... I just posted how Jill got her portion and postion at Jabot... I goggled it and got all the details.....

lmfan

Postby lmfan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Quote Oreo123: Joanna is not a sainted woman by any means. She abandoned her husband and daughter when Lauren was just a little girl. Lauren has little respect or affection for her mother. Now that being said..........
Whether or not Jill is entitled to half of Neil's estate is for the courts to decide. What she is entitled to is a little respect..even reserved respect. Remember Jill was the baby that was abandoned. Jill grew up not knowing her parent's identity or why she was abandoned. Jill deserves respect not more denegration by her own sister having already been abandoned by her own father! Lauren never showed Jill any compassion. Zero tolerance. She is directing all her disappointment and anger she has towards her father onto Jill. Now that being said..........
Until seeing Lauren's tirade in Katherine's house and hearing her cruel diatribe against Jill that included her uppity threat of "You know who my husband is"...my disappointment in her gave way to anger.

You know what I find ironic. You expect Lauren to give Jill respect and be nice to Jill even after Jill sues her for half of her business, but apparently Jill is not expected to show Lauren any respect.

Her cruel diatribe happened after Jill had publically humilated Lauren at a July 4th party by rubbing it in Lauren's face that she changed her name to Fenmore, then busted in on an important business meeting with a client and told the client that Lauren's ideas were all wrong and then sued Lauren for half of her business which is worth millions and is a busines Lauren has been running for 25 years. But I guess that means nothing.

In my way of thinking, to get respect you have to give respect and I don't see Jill giving Lauren any respect at all. And by the way, Lauren only mentioned Michael after Jill told Lauren that her lawyer was going to tear Lauren apart in court. But I guess Jill gets a pass for that to.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 am

Quote KeepingItReal:

ITA.

Why is it that Jill is always looking for 1/2.....it reminded me of her and Ms C estate. ;)

Because Jill feels when there are 2 in the equation, it should be split equally and she is entitled to 1/2. This isn't a divorce Jill and you aren't the other spouse. She is entitled to nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:22 am

No she does not deserve half of what her father left at that time. She doesn't deserve anything at all. She was adopted and neither bio parent kept up a relationship with her after she was adopted.

Gencor

Postby Gencor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 am

Where I am from if you are adopted you are not the legal heir of your biological parent. In this case, Neil did not claim the child as his. The child did not have his name or any legal ties to him at all. Legally, Jill is not a Finmore even though she changed her name to Finmore. Any of us could change our last names, which is what Jill did. We could be Astors, Vanderbuilts, Trump's or Whitney's but that doesn't mean that we would be entitled to any part of thier estates. That is what Jill did. Legally, unless Neil actually stipulated in his will that his illigit child gets something, she is entitled to absolutely nothing. No DNA test is going to change that. Now, this is a soap, and we are very familiar with the way out stuff these writers on this show do things, so probably she will end up fighting in court and coming away with something will cause angst for Lauren. However, it could also turn out that her lawyer is in cahoots with Lauren's mother and they both plan to screw Jill! Now that would and could be much more interesting if they play it that way. JoAnna is a real schemer would puts Jill to shame so she may have gotten wind of this and may have already headed off Jill at the pass with Jill's attorney.

SenoritaRita

Postby SenoritaRita » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:02 am

Quote dwb26:

You noticed that too, about the writers? ~) ~) ~)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”