i hope jill wins

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
lunagumby

Re: i hope jill wins

Postby lunagumby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 am

Even if Jill is not legally entitled, I believe it would be the right thing to do on Laurens part to divide Fenmore with Jill.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:10 am

Quote Gencor: Where I am from if you are adopted you are not the legal heir of your biological parent. In this case, Neil did not claim the child as his. The child did not have his name or any legal ties to him at all. Legally, Jill is not a Finmore even though she changed her name to Finmore. Any of us could change our last names, which is what Jill did. We could be Astors, Vanderbuilts, Trump's or Whitney's but that doesn't mean that we would be entitled to any part of thier estates. That is what Jill did. Legally, unless Neil actually stipulated in his will that his illigit child gets something, she is entitled to absolutely nothing. No DNA test is going to change that. Now, this is a soap, and we are very familiar with the way out stuff these writers on this show do things, so probably she will end up fighting in court and coming away with something will cause angst for Lauren. However, it could also turn out that her lawyer is in cahoots with Lauren's mother and they both plan to screw Jill! Now that would and could be much more interesting if they play it that way. JoAnna is a real schemer would puts Jill to shame so she may have gotten wind of this and may have already headed off Jill at the pass with Jill's attorney.

What would be better is that when Joanna comes to town they find out that the DNA connection is to her and not Neil. The DNA test was compared to Lauren not any DNA from Neil. In those situations there is no way they can have a conclusive DNA match to the father just like when Cain was suppose to be Phillip they tested him against Jill's DNA because they had no DNA from PCII.

Gencor

Postby Gencor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Quote Lady53:
Quote Gencor: Where I am from if you are adopted you are not the legal heir of your biological parent. In this case, Neil did not claim the child as his. The child did not have his name or any legal ties to him at all. Legally, Jill is not a Finmore even though she changed her name to Finmore. Any of us could change our last names, which is what Jill did. We could be Astors, Vanderbuilts, Trump's or Whitney's but that doesn't mean that we would be entitled to any part of thier estates. That is what Jill did. Legally, unless Neil actually stipulated in his will that his illigit child gets something, she is entitled to absolutely nothing. No DNA test is going to change that. Now, this is a soap, and we are very familiar with the way out stuff these writers on this show do things, so probably she will end up fighting in court and coming away with something will cause angst for Lauren. However, it could also turn out that her lawyer is in cahoots with Lauren's mother and they both plan to screw Jill! Now that would and could be much more interesting if they play it that way. JoAnna is a real schemer would puts Jill to shame so she may have gotten wind of this and may have already headed off Jill at the pass with Jill's attorney.

What would be better is that when Joanna comes to town they find out that the DNA connection is to her and not Neil. The DNA test was compared to Lauren not any DNA from Neil. In those situations there is no way they can have a conclusive DNA match to the father just like when Cain was suppose to be Phillip they tested him against Jill's DNA because they had no DNA from PCII.

Could happen but then they would have to change the lead in for it. Liz stated that Neil Finmore was Jill's father. If JoAnna is actually the mother then that would mean that Neil never knew he even had a daughter because JoAnna never told him about it. So, how would Liz know that Neil was the father and not know that JoAnna was the mother? Why would Liz have not told Jill who her mother was? It seems that the question has always been for Jill, who her mother was so since JoAnna and Neil were married and she walked out on him, even if she was pregers when she did, Liz would have known who both parents were. Makes it complicated but it just seems that Liz would not have left that out. Liz did say that Jill's mother died however, maybe Jill's mother was JoAnna's sister.

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:26 am

Quote lunagumby: Even if Jill is not legally entitled, I believe it would be the right thing to do on Laurens part to divide Fenmore with Jill.

WHY.
There is no proof that Jill is Neil's daughter.

karole

Postby karole » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:43 am

Maybe Jill will back off after thinking about what Mrs. Chancelor said and realizing that if she were in Lauren's shoes, she would act the same way or even worse.

At the same time maybe Lauren will have regrets about how she treated Jill.
and lastly, when JoAnna comes maybe to mess with Lauren, she will need Jill's help.

lunagumby

Postby lunagumby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:08 am

Well I suppose they could obtain Neils DNA somehow, Lady53. This soap is known for doing bizarre things, like digging up graves. lol

lmfan

Postby lmfan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Quote lunagumby: Even if Jill is not legally entitled, I believe it would be the right thing to do on Laurens part to divide Fenmore with Jill.

Why? Did Jill help Lauren make Fenmore's a success over the past 25 years? Was Jill raised as a Fenmore and by Neil? No, Jill was adopted and raised as a Foster which makes her a Foster. Just because they share some DNA does not mean that Lauren should just hand over half of her business and estate to Jill.

I doubt many would just hand over half their money and business because 25 years after their father died a half sibling comes out of the woodwwork. A sibling that never even knew Neil or the Fenmores as people, let alone was raised by them.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”