Question: Summer Newman's Paternity

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
- Lauran

Question: Summer Newman's Paternity

Postby - Lauran » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Dear all,
I've read threads in different posts claiming that Nick is not the father of Summer. This is not a spoiler, but a question: Is Nick the father or is Jack the father?

I don't recall how this storyline went. I could imagine that Nick may have forgotten the results of the paternity test, after he had his memory loss (in the plane crash -- another unresolved storyline). I remember that Jack helped deliver Summer in an elevator, of all places, but why do most of the posters think that Jack is the father?

Jadeygrl101

Re: Question: Summer Newman's Paternity

Postby Jadeygrl101 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm

I wasn't watching at the time, but I'm pretty sure by everyone else's story on it, that Phyllis had sex with Nick and Jack around the same time, and she wasn't sure who the father was. Nick apparently took off with the test results and was the only person to see them. He came back and told everyone he was the father. I'm not sure if he lied because he had already lost Sharon over the affair or if he told the truth. Guess we'll find out eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

picchick

Postby picchick » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:14 pm

A lot of us truly believe that Summer is Jack's for this reason. When Phydo was preggers she was having a conversation with Michael and it sort of went like this:

M: Do you want it to be Nick's?

P: I shouldn't, it is wrong of me to want that.

M: But do you?

P: *Sob sob* Yes... I want it to be Nick's so bad.

M: Then it will be. It will be Nick's.

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 pm

No one but Nick knows Summer's paternity, and I believe he is her father. I don't think Nick would have stayed with Phyllis if he had learned Summer wasn't his (especially since he can't seem to stay away from Sharon these days). If Summer weren't Nick's, I think he would have used that knowledge to "dump" Phyllis once and for all while he was having his affair with Sharon.

evemarie

Postby evemarie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Quote - Lauran: Dear all,
I've read threads in different posts claiming that Nick is not the father of Summer. This is not a spoiler, but a question: Is Nick the father or is Jack the father?

I don't recall how this storyline went. I could imagine that Nick may have forgotten the results of the paternity test, after he had his memory loss (in the plane crash -- another unresolved storyline). I remember that Jack helped deliver Summer in an elevator, of all places, but why do most of the posters think that Jack is the father?

Nick is the father of Summer. To this day, the writers never stated otherwise. ;)

Crimson1

Postby Crimson1 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Nick is the father of Summer. To this day, the writers never stated otherwise. ;)[/quote]

But...they can always change their minds mid-story. ;)

Raspberry170

Postby Raspberry170 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:29 pm

The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

Danika

Postby Danika » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Quote Raspberry170: The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

I am thinking this will come out the way too. Summer will end up being Jack's someday!

Oreo123

Postby Oreo123 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 pm

And Reed's father is an Alien too! ~)

Raspberry170

Postby Raspberry170 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Quote Danika:
Quote Raspberry170: The paternity was written with doubt, left open ended. To be visited at a later time. My thoughts are that Summer is Jack's daughter.

I am thinking this will come out the way too. Summer will end up being Jack's someday!

That's how I see it playing out as well, otherwise the writers would have closed the door on it a long time ago.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”