Why Shick ride the fence: Spoilers OK

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sinny

Re: Why Shick ride the fence: Spoilers OK

Postby Sinny » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 am

Quote noony6: You know, I don't think Sharon meant what she said to Nick as much as he thinks she did! LOL Think about it, why would she tell Nick about her real feelings about Adam right now, while he's so angry. I think she's very conflicted about her feelings, because like someone else said...she can't just turn off the love that she felt for him, that was real. And she felt different with him than she did with any of the men she'd ever been with. At the same time, she's still very angry and hurt over all the things he did and the lies he told her. There is no way Nick would understand all that conflict she's feeling, so even though she probably meant what she said about Adam's love not being like what they had, she was probably trying to ease his ego at the same time.

If I were Sharon, I would have told him to shove his judgement! How dare he judge her for the conflicted feelings she's having for an impossible situation when he went through his flip flopping on her and Phyllis for weeks, months even! He of all people should understand!

I think for Nick's sake and for her own, Sharon might be trying to convince her own self that she doesn't still love Adam, but she's not gonna be able to just walk away like thinks she can...it's def gonna be interesting!

IF SHARON would tell Nick to stuff it I could like her more.. she takes his crap as much as Phyllis does.. it is sickening..
Sharon should not have to hide that she still has feelings for adam.. of course she does.. ur feelings dont just shut off just because of something u find out about your lover.. even if u want them to..it just does not work that way.. and if Nick had been a loyal husband sharon never would have fallen in love with adam.. I hate that nick gets a free ride all the time..

Sinny

Postby Sinny » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:13 am

Quote Team newman+Billy: am i the only one wondering why tulip came on here with an attitude??? no one disrespected her so why is she lashing out to whoever has a different op than her?

I don't get that either.. there are some great sharon fans who dont jump down your throat for having a difference of opinion.. too bad we can't all just get along.. :(

rockingthesoaps

Postby rockingthesoaps » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:11 am

Why do I love Shick and want them back together?
Because I can :D

lee anne

Postby lee anne » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:06 am

Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40:
Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40:
Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40: They love each other, and that may be strange to you or you might not think so because your a Phyllis fan and think that Phick should be together. What ever your reason is, you could never understand it because you don't like Sharon and you think Phyllis is the way to go, JMHO! Sharon has a good heart and Nick knows that and their marriage wasn't pissed away as you say. They both struggle when Cassie die, not being able to comfort each other and the guilt was too much for Nick so he withdrew and found comfort in the sex and life Phyllis had to offer along with her being preggers for him. What was Sharon suppose to do at that time, beg? I think she did what was best for Nick as she always does, that shows selflessness, something Phyllis is not capable of feeling or doing. I know you'll bite my head off because I disagree with your entire assessment of Shick, but to each their own. Had Summer illness not happen, Shick would be together, but it did and Phick is still here, it's Phick that is more so riding a fence if you ask me, with Nick and Phyllis not being honest enough to let his marriage go or seriously seek help to save it.

Since you are a Sharon/Shick fan I really don't expect you to be able to look at it clearly. When Cassie died I wasn't a fan of anyone and I liked Sharon as a character I thought it was great how she outted Nick over his affair but I also thought she was as much to blame because she was indulging herself in her own relationship with Brad which is what made their break up so believable.

I don't bite anyone's head off for stating their opinion. I don't agree with your assessment of Sharon, I don't see her as the selfless, giving person that most of her fans feel like she is but that is okay that is why they have a variety of characters because we aren't all gonna like or hate the same ones.

Excuse me, but I'm quite capable of stating unbias opinions. I can call it as I see it and that has nothing to do with me liking Sharon and disliking Phyllis. If you disagree with me, then that's fine, but don't tell me that I can't see it "clearly". You are a Phyllis fan, so I don't expect you to blame Phyllis for her part in the Shick break up of which in your second sentence you went right into blaming Sharon for what happen to her marriage. They were both indulging in different people, so why don't you say that. She couldn't turn to Nick, he was in sex land with Phyllis, so that ain't Sharon fault. Nick came back years later and admit to Sharon that when she needed him he was not there and he knows what he gave up with her to be with Phyllis and he regretted that and he did say that also.

First of all let me apologize for the way that first sentence came across, what I was trying to say is that because you were a Sharon/Shick fan before Cassie's death it would play a part in how you viewed them. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't let me the site keeps freezing up and by the time it loaded I couldn't change the wording so it did't sound harsh.

That being said in both of your posts you accuse me of bias because I am a Phyllis fan so I am not sure why you are complaining.

And as to blaming Nick I did, but let's not paint that Sharon picture so rosey she was replacing Nick with Brad for 7 months before Phick ever happened Nick shutting the entire world out doesn't give her a pass to play house with Brad IMO

Apology accepted and yes, I did say that based on your other posts that I've seen on different threads concerning the two characters, so it's not only based on this thread alone. I know that you like Phyllis and dislike Sharon, and the same things you dislike about Sharon, are the same things Phyllis is guilty of 10x over. So, with that said, that is why I said that you are being unbiased, no harm intended though. Now, while I agree with you on Sharon and Brad, because I don't give her a pass with anything, even though she's my fav, I can't honestly say that I blame her for wanting support and compassion. I basically saw Phyllis did the same exact thing when Nick walked out on her and went to Sharon and Phyllis was excused and that was ok by her fans. They all have their wrongs and I can and will admit to that, but some are at more fault than others. Phick should have never happen, especially when Nick and Phyllis knew the situation that was at hand. Nick is to be blamed for that and so is Phyllis, no excuses for that.

Sharon and Nick are to blame for what happened in their marriage they are the ones who quit on it and turned to others. How come there is never any blame placed on Brad who was even more to blame than Nick, Phyllis, or Sharon being the only one who was intentionally trying to undermine the Shick marriage because of his feelings for Sharon.
Yes Phyllis is my favorite but that doesn't mean I can't and don't admit her faults something I don't think many fans consider when they look at the Phick affair is the emotional state Phyllis was also in during that time. She had just gotten Daniel back, gone through the trial, reunited with Jack only to have him hurt her all over again by deliberately blocking the wellness spa project she and Nikki were working on. Nick on the other hand had started coming out of his shell and reaching out to Sharon but by this time she was under Brad's spell. Nick found in Phyllis what Sharon found in Brad.

Actually, i am totally agree with you. The Shick couple end because of their own problem.

Now i hope you can see the Phick marriage having trouble because of their own problem too: Nick who can't fully commit with his wife and make her his only priority. Phyllis being the only one to fight to protect their marriage.

Sharon doesn't have the power to break them up! Sharon doesn't have the power to make Nick do what he doesn't want to do. Nick cheat on Phyllis because he want it to. Nick cheat on Phyllis because he still have feeling for his ex. Nick can't put the past behind. Nick is a looser.

Latricia

Postby Latricia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

Quote Team newman+Billy: am i the only one wondering why tulip came on here with an attitude??? no one disrespected her so why is she lashing out to whoever has a different op than her?

No you not the only one, when your into total denial you can't think straight.

bttrflyFan

Postby bttrflyFan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 am

Quote noony6: You know, I don't think Sharon meant what she said to Nick as much as he thinks she did! LOL Think about it, why would she tell Nick about her real feelings about Adam right now, while he's so angry. I think she's very conflicted about her feelings, because like someone else said...she can't just turn off the love that she felt for him, that was real. And she felt different with him than she did with any of the men she'd ever been with. At the same time, she's still very angry and hurt over all the things he did and the lies he told her. There is no way Nick would understand all that conflict she's feeling, so even though she probably meant what she said about Adam's love not being like what they had, she was probably trying to ease his ego at the same time.

If I were Sharon, I would have told him to shove his judgement! How dare he judge her for the conflicted feelings she's having for an impossible situation when he went through his flip flopping on her and Phyllis for weeks, months even! He of all people should understand!

I think for Nick's sake and for her own, Sharon might be trying to convince her own self that she doesn't still love Adam, but she's not gonna be able to just walk away like thinks she can...it's def gonna be interesting!

I really think that you are right about that. In watching the scene I felt like Nick was being a bully. He kept pushing her and wouldn't stop until he got an answer that satisfied him. Then when she was going to leave he decided to change tactics and see if he said something completely unfair, like I know how great your love is because of how much you loved me, that he would get a better answer by playing on her emotions. I think she just told him what he needed to hear so he would back off. I didn't see it as being some big confession but Nick took it that way.

tulip40

Postby tulip40 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40:
Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40:
Quote LadyLamar:
Quote tulip40: They love each other, and that may be strange to you or you might not think so because your a Phyllis fan and think that Phick should be together. What ever your reason is, you could never understand it because you don't like Sharon and you think Phyllis is the way to go, JMHO! Sharon has a good heart and Nick knows that and their marriage wasn't pissed away as you say. They both struggle when Cassie die, not being able to comfort each other and the guilt was too much for Nick so he withdrew and found comfort in the sex and life Phyllis had to offer along with her being preggers for him. What was Sharon suppose to do at that time, beg? I think she did what was best for Nick as she always does, that shows selflessness, something Phyllis is not capable of feeling or doing. I know you'll bite my head off because I disagree with your entire assessment of Shick, but to each their own. Had Summer illness not happen, Shick would be together, but it did and Phick is still here, it's Phick that is more so riding a fence if you ask me, with Nick and Phyllis not being honest enough to let his marriage go or seriously seek help to save it.

Since you are a Sharon/Shick fan I really don't expect you to be able to look at it clearly. When Cassie died I wasn't a fan of anyone and I liked Sharon as a character I thought it was great how she outted Nick over his affair but I also thought she was as much to blame because she was indulging herself in her own relationship with Brad which is what made their break up so believable.

I don't bite anyone's head off for stating their opinion. I don't agree with your assessment of Sharon, I don't see her as the selfless, giving person that most of her fans feel like she is but that is okay that is why they have a variety of characters because we aren't all gonna like or hate the same ones.

Excuse me, but I'm quite capable of stating unbias opinions. I can call it as I see it and that has nothing to do with me liking Sharon and disliking Phyllis. If you disagree with me, then that's fine, but don't tell me that I can't see it "clearly". You are a Phyllis fan, so I don't expect you to blame Phyllis for her part in the Shick break up of which in your second sentence you went right into blaming Sharon for what happen to her marriage. They were both indulging in different people, so why don't you say that. She couldn't turn to Nick, he was in sex land with Phyllis, so that ain't Sharon fault. Nick came back years later and admit to Sharon that when she needed him he was not there and he knows what he gave up with her to be with Phyllis and he regretted that and he did say that also.

First of all let me apologize for the way that first sentence came across, what I was trying to say is that because you were a Sharon/Shick fan before Cassie's death it would play a part in how you viewed them. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't let me the site keeps freezing up and by the time it loaded I couldn't change the wording so it did't sound harsh.

That being said in both of your posts you accuse me of bias because I am a Phyllis fan so I am not sure why you are complaining.

And as to blaming Nick I did, but let's not paint that Sharon picture so rosey she was replacing Nick with Brad for 7 months before Phick ever happened Nick shutting the entire world out doesn't give her a pass to play house with Brad IMO

Apology accepted and yes, I did say that based on your other posts that I've seen on different threads concerning the two characters, so it's not only based on this thread alone. I know that you like Phyllis and dislike Sharon, and the same things you dislike about Sharon, are the same things Phyllis is guilty of 10x over. So, with that said, that is why I said that you are being unbiased(sorry, I wanted to edit the word "unbiased" to bias, I made a mistake when posting and couldn't edit it and thought I'd do it in this one), no harm intended though. Now, while I agree with you on Sharon and Brad, because I don't give her a pass with anything, even though she's my fav, I can't honestly say that I blame her for wanting support and compassion. I basically saw Phyllis did the same exact thing when Nick walked out on her and went to Sharon and Phyllis was excused and that was ok by her fans. They all have their wrongs and I can and will admit to that, but some are at more fault than others. Phick should have never happen, especially when Nick and Phyllis knew the situation that was at hand. Nick is to be blamed for that and so is Phyllis, no excuses for that.

Sharon and Nick are to blame for what happened in their marriage they are the ones who quit on it and turned to others. How come there is never any blame placed on Brad who was even more to blame than Nick, Phyllis, or Sharon being the only one who was intentionally trying to undermine the Shick marriage because of his feelings for Sharon.
Yes Phyllis is my favorite but that doesn't mean I can't and don't admit her faults something I don't think many fans consider when they look at the Phick affair is the emotional state Phyllis was also in during that time. She had just gotten Daniel back, gone through the trial, reunited with Jack only to have him hurt her all over again by deliberately blocking the wellness spa project she and Nikki were working on. Nick on the other hand had started coming out of his shell and reaching out to Sharon but by this time she was under Brad's spell. Nick found in Phyllis what Sharon found in Brad.

While I agree that the two of them should have turned to each other, we also know that in a situation such as a death of a child, it's difficult for both parents and it's not unheard of that they shut down or turn to others for compassion etc. That is exactly what happen with the Shick marriage when Cassie died. What I am saying however is that Phyllis knew that they were struggling with this and she pursed Nick. This was a game to her, while a family was being ruined. That responsibility is not only for Nick and Sharon but also rest upon Phyllis shoulders since she choose to barge in the middle of this marriage and set up shop. There is no way to take her out and say it's Shick fault alone. If that is how you want to argue this, then why say that Sharon is at fault for the Phick mess. It should be Phick that is the problem and it's their mess and has nothing to do with Sharon and how many times Sharon and Nick run to each other, same as what Phyllis and Nick did. However, I do notice the Phyllis fans are quick to blame Sharon for the Phick mess, but Phyllis is angel in the Shick break down. Double standards!

Phyllis does not need an emotional state to go after another woman husband, that has been proven on this show from the day she set foot in GC. That is who Phyllis is. She thinks it's a game and that was obvious that she liked it the way she went about doing it. I mean come on, to go to Sharon house, have dinner, while her and Nick have been around town over and over again and at the office behind Sharon back was typical Phyllis style. I'm not excusing her from her behavior, sorry. If you say that Sharon found in Brad what Nick found in Phyllis, then how is it that the out side influences are not to blame? You have to look at the WHOLE and not PART in order to come to the conclusion. Taking pieces out to only leads to partial truths and that's really what this comes down to. Each of them played their parts, and as such, each of them take their share of blames.

tulip40

Postby tulip40 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Quote Team newman+Billy:
Quote Latricia:
Quote tulip40:
Quote Latricia:
Quote Team newman+Billy:
Quote Sinny:
Quote Team newman+Billy: BBOOOOOO i dislike SHICK and PHICK! They are both riding the fence to me. NICK-o-LAME is the problem and neither lady deserves to be bounced back and forth the way they have. i kno i sound like a broken record.. but here goes SHICK fans.... why do you want a man like nick for you girl sharon? He is a HORRIBLE husband and a womanizer just like his father. WHY oh WHY is this who you would pick?? just becasue they have history??? If sharon takes him back she is weaker than i thought. Same for red...
AMen

I have asked this question to shick fans before funny i never get a response unless i say something negative about sharon or i say something about phick.

Sorry dear you will never get it cuz Shick does no wrong in their eyes,if they do the fans always make lames excuses to protect them. ~) But when it comes to Phick its the worst thing they ever saw. ~)

Don't speak for us Sharon fans please. We can like or dislike who we want, the same as the Phyllis fans. I don't think there has ever been a Sharon/Shick fan that has said that they do no wrong, but that of course comes from you and others that feel the need to speak on our behalf. I make no lame excuses for anyone or anything, so get that. This is a soap and no excuses needed here. Sharon and Nick have faults, just like the next person, difference is that Phyllis is a monster in the things she's done and she makes no effort to be a better person. She's on the down low right now to hold Nick, but the minute something doesn't go her way, the old Phyllis comes out. There are some that has been redeem on this show, she ain't one of them. Phick is gross to me, that is MY opinion. That is MY right.

Damn you must be a sad person because you don't have your Shick together, get over it..

ahahahaha u got her gf rofl.. get ur shick together hahahahaha

LOL, stick to posting about the show, if you know how to do that.

tulip40

Postby tulip40 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I guess I have an "attitude" because I'm a shick fan and not a Phick fan, right? IF I like Phyllis and not Sharon, you would be all over my posts licking it up like it's some dang ice cream, enjoying it as you do with your buds while bashing Sharon, right? YOU gave me attitude, so don't go there and I don't need permission in how to post, got that!! Stay away from me and I'll do the same for you. You came with the personal chit, so don't play innocent and victim.

tulip40

Postby tulip40 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Quote Sinny:
Quote tulip40:
Quote Team newman+Billy:
Quote Sinny:
Quote Team newman+Billy: BBOOOOOO i dislike SHICK and PHICK! They are both riding the fence to me. NICK-o-LAME is the problem and neither lady deserves to be bounced back and forth the way they have. i kno i sound like a broken record.. but here goes SHICK fans.... why do you want a man like nick for you girl sharon? He is a HORRIBLE husband and a womanizer just like his father. WHY oh WHY is this who you would pick?? just becasue they have history??? If sharon takes him back she is weaker than i thought. Same for red...
AMen

I have asked this question to shick fans before funny i never get a response unless i say something negative about sharon or i say something about phick.

You are absolutely right in your assessment of Nick, and yes he will cheat or Sharon will cheat if they reunite Shick, this is soap land and that's what they do. No couple goes without the cheating and lies. It's how the writers bring drama to the marriage and couples. With that said, I speak for myself and myself only when I say this. I am a Sharon fan and a Shick fan(lol, well, most often times, when Nick ain't pissed me off big time,lol) and I like this couple from the start and through all the bad times and honestly saw them as trying to hold a marriage and family together, while still trying to be true to themselves. I think that they honestly do love each other(even though they lied and cheated and don't go bashing me because I think that,lol), or they won't have stayed so close and still very much a part of each other lives even though married to others. There is a bond and a love that they share and I can buy that in seeing this couple together, unlike Phick that comes across forced and fake. I can say that I feel the same way about Phack, that seem more believable to me than what Phyllis has with Nick.JMHO

see to me the lying and cheating that nick and sharon did tells me that they did not have real love.. same for phick.. even on the soaps.. it destroys the good if they cheat and for me I quit cheering for a pair as soon as cheating starts.. it ruins it for me,.. cheating is my deal breaker.. I would never stay with a cheater.. I was cheated on once and never will I accept it.... shick cheated very early on.. nick with amy.. then nick with grace.. then almot carrie then Phyllis.. shick was soiled when the cheating started. That aint good to me and I guess I can't grasp it being good to anyone..

Come on Sinny, when are they ever 100% truthful, especially when they are about to break them up and bring the drama. I have to disagree with you, lol, which I'm sure is not surprise to you,lol. Shick did and still does love each other and that won't stop them, even though they lied and cheated in their relationship. See, I don't feel the way about what they do in the soaps as I'd treat real life situations. This is soap and they will do things like that, and I take it as is. Shick has cheated a lot and that I dislike. Phick cheated and that I didn't mind,lol, ok let me have it,lol. :) Sorry to hear about someone cheating on you Sinny, and you were right to leave, I'd do the same. No reason staying around for the disrespect, but this is real life and I can say that to you. In soap land, you and I know that the choice comes down to the lesser of two evils,lmao. I've always liked Shick, good times and bad. Phick, never cared for them.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”