Billy & Victoria (No bash)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
greengrass

Re: Billy & Victoria (No bash)

Postby greengrass » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:51 pm

I just read that Burgess worked all last week and he is in a big s/l that is coming up for the month of Nov.,so if the rumor is true then they must have told him when he was leaving work on Friday. Either that or they waited and e-mailed him the same way they did Cady McCann.

Right know there is so many rumors going around about Burgess and Jason Thompson it's not funny.Half of them you have to laugh at because they are so outrages.Considering Thompson has even made a deal with anyone let alone Y&R .

We should hear something one way or the other tomorrow from A.McD

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:15 pm

just read on twitter....They want all the Villy fans and even none Villy fans to start trending Y&R to keep Burgess.Do it by e-mail.twitter,facebook what ever way you can in order to get the message across that we want to keep Burgess on as Billy Abbott.................I already sent some in....................It won't hurt to try,,,,,,,,it seems to work for everyone else.

Deana4Villy

Postby Deana4Villy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 pm

greengrass wrote:I just read that Burgess worked all last week and he is in a big s/l that is coming up for the month of Nov.,so if the rumor is true then they must have told him when he was leaving work on Friday. Either that or they waited and e-mailed him the same way they did Cady McCann.

Right know there is so many rumors going around about Burgess and Jason Thompson it's not funny.Half of them you have to laugh at because they are so outrages.Considering Thompson has even made a deal with anyone let alone Y&R .

We should hear something one way or the other tomorrow from A.McD

To be fair, Cady heard in an e-mail because she asked in an e-mail. She said when she read that she hit Jack, she knew her character could not come back from that, so she e-mailed JFP, who then confirmed.

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 pm

When Burgess was hired for the roll of Billy he signed a 2 year contract which will take him up to June of 2016.That's why they were saying on the CBS sight that he wasn't going anywhere because he had at least one more year.

Since Jan 2014 there has been 3 Billy's and with this recast it will be 4 in less than 2 years.

Since 1993 when BA first came on the screen there has been 12 different actors playing him,this recast will be 13

I guess Burgess is also a producer and he teach's the "Meisner Method"I don't know what that is.

If this rumor is true I think Burgess will be just fine after the shock wares off........But we have to go through the same heartbreak as we did for Billy Miller.

These swinging doors at Y&R is getting very annoying to say the least and apparently there not going to stop swinging

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Just got to read my Sunday paper and this is what is in the soap section.

I have some very bad news for the fans of Y&R......My inside source tells me that their is going to be a lot of casting changes coming to your soap.Jill & Chuck Pratt have those swinging doors working again and it has already started.First they put Lachlan Buchanan(Kyle) on recurring,which means you'll probably see him a couple times a year and then the big shocker came when I heard that Jill apparently axed Burgess Jenkins( although it hasn't been confirmed by anyone that he is actually out),he was starting to become a fan favorite. He is a very talented actor and was starting to fit into the roll of Billy Abbott very nicely.Apparently there is going to be a beloved fan favorite die in the Halloween fire at of all places Newman's Ball Room(which I never heard of until a couple of weeks ago)there is also suppose to be a Vet actress recast,but that's not all according to my sources Jill plans on recasting a number of actor's on the show to make room for some of her friends that she wants.

I know JFP has her heart set on Jason Thompson for the roll of Billy Abbott,well I hate to say this but it's true never the less Thompson is not the right person to play Billy Abbott,he will not fit into the Abbott family,were Burgess did because he kind of resembled Jack a bit.I took a pole and everyone agree's that Jill & Pratt should bit the bullet and keep Burgess on.If they don't I can see another recast coming in about three months or so.

Stay with me and I'll try and find out what I can and publish it in Wed. paper.Until then stay hopeful if you can.I know show business is a tough business but I think some producers lets their authority go to there head and IMO Jill is one of those people

eversleek

Postby eversleek » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:54 pm

I am disappointed to hear about Burgess. He was doing a great job. I do like Jason Thompson and I think acting wise he will be a great addition to Y&R. Not sure about him as Billy but I guess we will see. I will always root for Villy. He plays romance very well so I am not worried about that aspect anyways.

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 am

eversleek wrote:I am disappointed to hear about Burgess. He was doing a great job. I do like Jason Thompson and I think acting wise he will be a great addition to Y&R. Not sure about him as Billy but I guess we will see. I will always root for Villy. He plays romance very well so I am not worried about that aspect anyways.

Jason Thompson may be good at romance but the question is how is he going to look paired up with Amelia.IMO he looks more like her older brother rather than her partner in life...........Anyway I think we are getting ahead of ourselves .JT hasn't even signed with Y&R yet and it hasn't even been confirmed that Burgess is out.Both JG & MF say is just rumors as of know.

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:54 am

Got my votes in for Burgess,Amelia and Villy.

Don't forget to get your votes in so we can keep them at #1 were they belong.

VILLY FOREVER

greengrass

Postby greengrass » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 am

I just read something interesting.........Apparently JFP and Pratt had Burgess sign a new contract in June,so they must have though he was doing a good job,then hence one of Jill's friends comes available and then he gets the boot.How fair is that.

I also read that JT has many offers coming to him,there is two soaps that wants him and apparently there is some other show's that want him also.

eversleek

Postby eversleek » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:17 am

greengrass wrote:
eversleek wrote:I am disappointed to hear about Burgess. He was doing a great job. I do like Jason Thompson and I think acting wise he will be a great addition to Y&R. Not sure about him as Billy but I guess we will see. I will always root for Villy. He plays romance very well so I am not worried about that aspect anyways.

Jason Thompson may be good at romance but the question is how is he going to look paired up with Amelia.IMO he looks more like her older brother rather than her partner in life...........Anyway I think we are getting ahead of ourselves .JT hasn't even signed with Y&R yet and it hasn't even been confirmed that Burgess is out.Both JG & MF say is just rumors as of know.

Older brother? Jason is actually younger than Amelia. I think they will look stunning together. I just need to see their chemistry and hope these writers actually give them a decent chance. My only fear is that the new recast will set Villy back again. I really don't want another break up for them. They just reunited and it has already been 2 years of hell for Villy fans. So we will have another Billy and they need to kick it off right by having Villy together and strong.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”