Emmy Nominations are in!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Chrissi

Emmy Nominations are in!!

Postby Chrissi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:21 am

Soulsistah

Re: Emmy Nominations are in!!

Postby Soulsistah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:23 pm

Congratulations to the Y&R actors who got nominated!

Here's my question though: neither actresses whose names were submitted for Best Supporting Actress - i.e. ED (Ashley) and TB (Lauren) were nominated. Are they any actresses you think should have been submitted in the pre-noms instead? I do. While I've always loved Eileen Davidson as Ashley, her character really didn't do much the past year in terms of s/l. I think either Victoria Rowell (Dru) or Sharon Case (Sharon) should have been pre-nommed instead. JMHO. Any thoughts on this? ?)

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I think Eric Braedon should have been nominated for his Victor epilepsy storyline....as well as Victoria Rowell for Dru and Tracy Bregman as Laruen... They all did a fantastic job his year.......

alex-sam

Postby alex-sam » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:40 pm

From what I have read, Victoria Rowell's name was deliberately excluded by TPTB. I don't know about Sharon Case. She's good also. %(

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Quote nyaccent: Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I think Eric Braedon should have been nominated for his Victor epilepsy storyline....as well as Victoria Rowell for Dru and Tracy Bregman as Laruen... They all did a fantastic job his year.......

Now that I think about it some more, I actually think either VR or TB should have been pre-nommined as "Best Lead Actress" - not supporting! Both of them had major, meaty s/ls during the past, much moreso than Jeanne Cooper (whom I do like). Strange.

ScratchingPost

Postby ScratchingPost » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Quote nyaccent: Yes, congrats to all the nominees!

I agree 100%

ScratchingPost

Postby ScratchingPost » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Now that I think about it. . . Judith Chapman (Gloria) was far superior than Katherine Chancellor, she should have been nominated. I don't think Katherine had much of a storyline. Sometimes when your old you get pitty votes :))

jackspaniel

Postby jackspaniel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:24 pm

WOW! Great nominees - Michelle is excellent in her portral of the character Phyllis - she is a terrific actress. Peter/Jack is a great actor, Michael is excellent - Kay - they are all good!!! The only one I would have included is Victor for the Eplipse story line. Love the choices!!! ;)

phick4ever

Postby phick4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Congratulations to all of the Y & R Nominees.

Michelle Stafford, what a great actress, she can do it all, comedy or drama, she has the ability to emote odles of pathos from her audience, you either love to love her or love to hate her. She is nothing less than phenomenal and deserves not only the nomination but the emmy as well.

Chrissi

Postby Chrissi » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Although I think all of the nominees for all shows are terrific, my votes went elsewhere.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”