Adam-legally blind? not

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
switzerland

Adam-legally blind? not

Postby switzerland » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 pm

If Adam is supposed to be legally blind then how did he drive from the hospital to the GCAC? I swore I saw him take Patty/Emily's keys. The writers keep on writing this non sense! And how did he get into Sharon's room?

PelphreyPosse

Re: Adam-legally blind? not

Postby PelphreyPosse » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Switzerland, legally blind means you have less eyesight, doesn't mean you cannot have a driver's license. I work at a blind school and a lot of the staff and older students are classified as legally blind and they all can drive.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Quote PelphreyPosse: Switzerland, legally blind means you have less eyesight, doesn't mean you cannot have a driver's license. I work at a blind school and a lot of the staff and older students are classified as legally blind and they all can drive.

That's scary.

TiggerLee

Postby TiggerLee » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't know how he got to the GCAC but I'm guessing he entered Sharon's room by using Nick's pen to jimmy open the lock.

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm

He did steal the cash out of Patty's wallet so he probably walked outside the hospital door and hailed a cab. He might have jimmied Sharon's door with something. The guy does get around! :-)

gypsyanna

Postby gypsyanna » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Having a friend who lost an eye at age three due to playing with a piece of barbed wire, she only has sight in the other. she is deemed legally blind even though she can function well enough except for not having prospective view. Adam is deemed to suffer tunnel vision which blocks half his vision, but he can see straight ahead which probably explains his ability to get around. Partial site loss is grounds for being legally blind.

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Quote gypsyanna: Having a friend who lost an eye at age three due to playing with a piece of barbed wire, she only has sight in the other. she is deemed legally blind even though she can function well enough except for not having prospective view. Adam is deemed to suffer tunnel vision which blocks half his vision, but he can see straight ahead which probably explains his ability to get around. Partial site loss is grounds for being legally blind.

They have shown the view through "Adam's eyes" several times. He can see clearly right in front of him but he has no peripheral vision. He may not be able to drive but he can see well enough most of the time to get around, plus he is very observant.

switzerland

Postby switzerland » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Quote PelphreyPosse: Switzerland, legally blind means you have less eyesight, doesn't mean you cannot have a driver's license. I work at a blind school and a lot of the staff and older students are classified as legally blind and they all can drive.

Thanks! I didn't know that!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”