"Soul Mates"

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sinny

Re: "Soul Mates"

Postby Sinny » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 am

Quote music0is4love:
Quote greeneyes53: I have read SO many times in these threads about Nikki & Victor, Sharon & Nick and how they are soul mates, first loves and should stay together. I say BS! There are, in real life soul mates and no marriage is perfect but those marriages don't entail serial cheating, marrying others in between and constant abuse. Abuse covers MANY areas and IMO, these two couples are far from soul mates nor should they stay together.
Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. PATHETIC
Move on and STAY moved on you four!!

Since this is soap opera and not real life, i would like to see Sharon and Nick back together, I have only been watching this show for about a year and a half and even i can see that Nick and Sharon are meant to be together. In my honest opinion, i believe that's how their characters are written. That no matter what happens or who they are with at the moment they always find their way back to each other no matter what.
I have been watching since 1977 and I see it totally different than you.

Nick and Sharon are toxic for each other. They have been from the beginning. They lie cheat and sharon steals LOL they never confront their problems head on,.,. they both run from them then pretend they never happened instead of dealing with the why.. they never do that.. Phyllis and Nick deal with their problems head on.. they don't hide them in the corner and pretend they aren't there.. phick is real.. shick live in la la land and that is why they break up every time that anything big happens.. they do not deal with their problems.. shick is not the end game IMO.. I don't think phick is either for that matter.. I think Nick has yet to meet the one he will end up with..

gypsyanna

Postby gypsyanna » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 am

Quote pinkangel123: nick and sharon suck as a couple. their whole marriage consisted of they cheating on each other all the time.

nikki being with victor is sick and disgusting he treats her like crap and abuses her all the time.there is no chemisty between nikki and victor anymore this couple is now out of habit and nothing else.

the writers on this show are just to lazy to write new storylines instead they just recycle over and over until the viewers get sick of it and just tune of leading to ratings fallings.

I do not remember that frankly. Both Nick and Sharon had their not so good moments and bad choices, but were not untrue to each other their ENTIRE marriage for goodness sakes. What I do remember is they always worked out their problems and doubts until the final blow called Phyllis.

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:28 am

Quote gypsyanna:
Quote pinkangel123: nick and sharon suck as a couple. their whole marriage consisted of they cheating on each other all the time.

nikki being with victor is sick and disgusting he treats her like crap and abuses her all the time.there is no chemisty between nikki and victor anymore this couple is now out of habit and nothing else.

the writers on this show are just to lazy to write new storylines instead they just recycle over and over until the viewers get sick of it and just tune of leading to ratings fallings.

I do not remember that frankly. Both Nick and Sharon had their not so good moments and bad choices, but were not untrue to each other their ENTIRE marriage for goodness sakes. What I do remember is they always worked out their problems and doubts until the final blow called Phyllis.

I agree gypsyanna. Sharon and Nick's marriage had it's bad moments but the cheating didn't started for several years. They worked it through and got over it.They worked side by side with their chain of coffee shops and at NE. they always had deep connection which I just don't see with Nick and Phyllis. I don't see them working through their issues well. I see lying, deception and distrust, not all of the time but more than what makes a strong marriage.

Bunny76

Postby Bunny76 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 am

Quote Sinny:
Quote AndreasMom:
Quote scotsgirl: I always find it so funny that fans judge Sharon while in the same breath say that Phick sex was so hot in the barn. Phyllis was doing a married man after having dinner with his wife and son. Yet Sharon is a sl#t. Wow.

I have to agree with this post, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree with the poster who said "Adult love is HOT sex".

There is a whole lot more to an "adult" relationship than HOT sex. Mature people who are truly in love know that sex is not the end-all, be-all to any relationship. Many long-lasting marriages go through periods when HOT sex isn't even on the table. Illness and being stationed apart, even every day stress, especially during these difficult times, I'm sure you all could add to the list. When you love someone there are other ways to show it.

Phyllis has given up on her self-respect in an effort to keep Nick. I feel she treats him as if she is the only one on their marriage who can make the right decisions and he knows it. It often shows on his face. Men want to take care of their wives and Phyllis is too busy taking care of her self and everybody else in GC to let him.

Sharon expects to be taken care of but she doesn't have the confidence to wait for it to happen properly.

I feel for all three of them. None of them know what true love is.

well we most definitely don't agree. I do think HOT SEX helps keep a marriage good. I have been married for 24 years and I know the hot sex has helped us thru some very tough times. The hot sex makes the other problems not so bad..

Phyllis AND Sharon have given up all self respect. We have Sharon chasing after the man who cheated on her after her daughter died.. the man who married another woman.. where is the self respect in that.. and Phyllis has lost hers since being with that boob Nick..

Sharon NEEDS to be taken care of.. she has proven it time after time. She cannot look after herself without a man near. and I do agree that all 3 are clueless about TRUE LOVE... as I have said all thru this thread.. NONE of the soap characters are soul mates.. soulmates DO NOT treat each other like these characters do.

Great post! I totally agree

Pinchy

Postby Pinchy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 am

I agree that some people are soul mates but how can you call yourself a soul mate then go and cheat on said person? I don't get it. I don't think any of these people are soul mates except maybe Lauren and Michael. Nikki and Victor are definitely not in the category of soul mates. Victor has loved so many other women it's ridiculous. If anything I would call Nikki his fallback not his soulmate. As for Sharon and Nick same thing. They aren't soul mates they are immature adults. Noah and Eden might be soul mates, Sharon and Nick are just pathetic.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”