What exactly did Adam give to the stranger.......

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
ViewerAli

Re: What exactly did Adam give to the stranger.......

Postby ViewerAli » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Quote Sasha88: MYSTERY SOLVED!!!

It WAS bone marrow!!! I found info online that bone marrow transplants involved destroying the patient's own bone marrow. In such cases their blood will contain the DNA profile of the donor alone.

I'm retired from the Criminal Justice System. Tell me where you found this amazing information. The things people will believe, gee whizzz.

Sasha88

Postby Sasha88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Quote ViewerAli:

It WAS bone marrow!!! I found info online that bone marrow transplants involved destroying the patient's own bone marrow. In such cases their blood will contain the DNA profile of the donor alone.

I'm retired from the Criminal Justice System. Tell me where you found this amazing information. The things people will believe, gee whizzz.

Excuse me, guess you pros in the Criminal Justice System need to learn how to Google! ROFL

greeneyes53

Postby greeneyes53 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Quote SLEUTH: The man that Adam met in the burger joint had similar features and was close in size. I believe Adam was going to kill this man and make people think that he was dead and he could leave the country. When he saw the boy he had a change of heart and couldn't go through with his diabolical plan.

Thn why was the man so grateful? Doesn't make sense.

MommyofMaggie

Postby MommyofMaggie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Quote ViewerAli:

That's right. The reason for a bone marrow transplant is that the marrow has been destroyed, either by a disease or, in what we see most often, by massive doses of chemo and/or radiation used to destroy a disease like cancer. The treatment destroys the "good" bone marrow along with the "bad" disease, and so the marrow needs replacing. When it is, the blood which it eventually creates takes on the genetic profile of the donor, although the body tissues can reflect those of the recipient. That's why the donor and recipient have to be compatible for the transplant to work (ie, not to be rejected by the donor). Since blood and/or bone marrow (in bones and/or marrow of burned or long-buried or embalmed bodies) is most commonly sampled to match bodies, it's possible that a bone marrow donor could be matched to a recipient that way.

I know this because I had a transplant myself and have been counseling others in the same boat for years.

Debrajo

Postby Debrajo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Quote greeneyes53:
Quote SLEUTH: The man that Adam met in the burger joint had similar features and was close in size. I believe Adam was going to kill this man and make people think that he was dead and he could leave the country. When he saw the boy he had a change of heart and couldn't go through with his diabolical plan.

Thn why was the man so grateful? Doesn't make sense.

If Adam donated his bone marrow to the man,then that is what the man would be grateful to Adam for.

Debrajo

Postby Debrajo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Quote Sasha88:
Quote ViewerAli:

Excuse me, guess you pros in the Criminal Justice System need to learn how to Google! ROFL

Sasha took me a couple of minutes to find all that out.Guess we need to go to work for the criminal justice system huh?????????? ;)

Debrajo

Postby Debrajo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Quote MommyofMaggie:
Quote ViewerAli:

That's right. The reason for a bone marrow transplant is that the marrow has been destroyed, either by a disease or, in what we see most often, by massive doses of chemo and/or radiation used to destroy a disease like cancer. The treatment destroys the "good" bone marrow along with the "bad" disease, and so the marrow needs replacing. When it is, the blood which it eventually creates takes on the genetic profile of the donor, although the body tissues can reflect those of the recipient. That's why the donor and recipient have to be compatible for the transplant to work (ie, not to be rejected by the donor). Since blood and/or bone marrow (in bones and/or marrow of burned or long-buried or embalmed bodies) is most commonly sampled to match bodies, it's possible that a bone marrow donor could be matched to a recipient that way.

I know this because I had a transplant myself and have been counseling others in the same boat for years.

Thanks for the info MommyofMaggie.And here's wishing you the very best of good health.My nephew has lymphoma and had a bone marrow transplant about 5 years ago and is doing great. :)

Sasha88

Postby Sasha88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Quote Debrajo:
Quote Sasha88:
Quote ViewerAli:

Sasha took me a couple of minutes to find all that out.Guess we need to go to work for the criminal justice system huh?????????? ;)

Now we know why so many criminals get off!! LOLOL

ViewerAli

Postby ViewerAli » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Quote Debrajo:
Quote Sasha88:
Quote ViewerAli:

We know exactly what we do and we can not mix complex medical with simple proven forensic facts. I could not, if I wanted, teach you all there is to understand about this fairly new science in forensics. Glad she/he had a transplant and glad the results were positive. That does not change the facts of my statement. I am talking one science...you are talking another.

apostate

Postby apostate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Quote Bellydancing_Fool: I thought it could have been some body part as well..but for some reason, when Adam got the hug from the guy's son, he backed right out. I hope all will be revealed soon!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”