lane rant (tiny spoiler)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Lanealways

Re: lane rant (tiny spoiler)

Postby Lanealways » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Quote annyhall: Sylar, I totally agree with your opening post on this thread. When I say I am disgusted about what they have done to my Lane, I am expressing what I feel lightly. I am glad all of us Lane fan see it the same way and maybe tptb will read this thread and correct some things. We Lane fans hang on not because of the writing skills of the writers but because of the chemistry and acting skills of the two actors portraying Cane and Lily. If not for that Y&R would be a distant memory for me.

btw talk about tedious and immature how about bringing back Shelia and her boring children for the umpteenth time because the writers can't come up with a decent storyline for your favs? I'd rather watch CK act out the Cancer storyline and see Cane and Lily expecting a new baby any-day.

So true anny :) and charme :)

I suspect mab had her reasons for sticking lily with this cancer and sterilizing her, as we all know.

A great show has balance, where every cast member gets to participate,

where all the s/l's especially as important as the canncer and surrogacy s/l's are well written and are given time and consideration as such.

I'm not asking to only have Lane on, cause there other couples and characters but only to be fair and write the s/l's in a way that makes sense;

and they should have equal time just as much as anyone else they deserve that much.

Why does every Lane s/l turn out to be about others?
It's bad enough Lily can't carry her own children, but even now when Lane is finally getting ready to add to their family, they make it about mac and billy..

Seriously,!

How is dealing with a such trials tedious and boring;

having to cut your holidays short because you're not feeling well and have to go back to the hospital

she couldn't even celebrate with her husband, she didn't even get to see him open his presents, give her a break already.

....I must be missing something.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 pm

It's fine for characters like Lauren to have s/ls, but the show should be balanced enough to showcase a variety of characters, that way an array of fans get to enjoy the characters they like to see.

Yes. It is refreshing to see some of the great actresses and actors of the show receive story lines. It has been a long time since Lauren has had a s/l.

In My Opinion, the Lane s/l is immature and predictable.
LANE = MUNDANE . But that's just my opinion and I celebrate/enjoy viewing the opinions of others.

The viewers all have different opinions. And differing s/l's satisfy the tastes of everyone.

gotcha

Postby gotcha » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:13 pm

hanks Sylarrocks for your thoughts on the Lane treatment by tptb. You were right on the money with your comments. I totally agree. We all know that it takes more than one or two characters to make a successful program. However, balance and s/ls that make sense is badly needed for the young and restless right now. As fans we become meshed into the lives of the characters, and of course we all have our favorites (Cane and Lily happen to be mine, along with a few others) As a lane fan I am dismayed to see the inequitable time that they are given on the canvas comparative to some of the other s/ls. Here of late it seems to the the Billy, and Adam show. Give me a break. Mac is as interesting as a wet noodle, and they are trying to make her better by inserting her into Cane and Lily's s/l like they did Chloe. I praise Daniel and Christel for their acting abilities because they are able to produce with any material they are given. Perhaps 2010 will give us better programming and more balance. I am not really interested in whinny Amber and a child she is just giving thought to. The writers can do better. However, I will continue to watch, praying for the best for our couple. Happy New Year everyone.

Lanealways

Postby Lanealways » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Quote gotcha: hanks Sylarrocks for your thoughts on the Lane treatment by tptb. You were right on the money with your comments. I totally agree. We all know that it takes more than one or two characters to make a successful program. However, balance and s/ls that make sense is badly needed for the young and restless right now. As fans we become meshed into the lives of the characters, and of course we all have our favorites (Cane and Lily happen to be mine, along with a few others) As a lane fan I am dismayed to see the inequitable time that they are given on the canvas comparative to some of the other s/ls. Here of late it seems to the the Billy, and Adam show. Give me a break. Mac is as interesting as a wet noodle, and they are trying to make her better by inserting her into Cane and Lily's s/l like they did Chloe. I praise Daniel and Christel for their acting abilities because they are able to produce with any material they are given. Perhaps 2010 will give us better programming and more balance. I am not really interested in whinny Amber and a child she is just giving thought to. The writers can do better. However, I will continue to watch, praying for the best for our couple. Happy New Year everyone.

You said it gotcha :)) merry christmas :)
lets hope 2010 brings much deserved and hard earned happiness for Lane,
I' am all for that :))

judy_bo_booty

Postby judy_bo_booty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Quote sylarrocks: hope u all had a great holiday with your loved ones.

this has been bugging me 4 a while. the writers have totally botched lanes s/ls. they give them them 2 major s/ls but dont bother to give them the time to tell the stories. its completely ridiculous that certain characters namely billy,phyllis,nick,sharon & adam are on at least 4 days out of 5 for over 10 mins each day. when cane & lily can barely scrape together 10 mins in a week, if that. even during those 10 mins they are often relegated to supporting cast for mac!! so much could be done with a cancer s/l AND a surrogacy s/l and dg & ckh have been playing it beautifully with what little time they are given. but they have been backburnered to prop up the writers favourites.

thats why i was excited to read that dg says cane has an interesting storyline coming up with tucker. perhaps they are father & son. whatever it is i hope it gives cane & his lovely wife some much needed face time. enough of the billy show (i hear his overrated self is getting an entire episode dedicated to him!) enough of the fab four's antics and for heavens sake enough of the phyllis/nick/sharon/adam quadrangle/triangle.

although i do like half of the above characters it would be nice to mix it up and see a loving couple facing challenges that dont involve crime, infidelity &/or disease. so heres hoping the writers breathe some life into this so i can enjoy my fave couple again.

Until they decide to have Lily get well, I would rather not watch her cancer episodes. How often can she go to the hospital, and it be interesting? How often can they be sitting on the couch, and it be interesting? How often can they be talking about nothing?
Right now, no face time is better than that face time.
It's time to move the story on.
If I wanted to watch a cancer story, I would watch a lifetime movie.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”