For All Those Who Still Love Y&R - Ratings!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
trixie60

Re: For All Those Who Still Love Y&R - Ratings!

Postby trixie60 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Quote ILuvNY:
Quote trixie60:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote trixie60:
Quote ilovemedanes:
Quote trixie60: Merry Christmas Danes and Puddy and happy new year. Hope that you both had a nice Christmas.

Same to you Trix :) What are your thoughts on the ratings?

I'm surprised that the ratings on Y&R are so high. With everyone upset over Adam and what he's done to Sharon and all the other s/l's that most viewers don't like. I really didn't think that Y&R would be in the top spot but I guess there are some die hard Y&R fans who watch no matter what and I do agree that it's the best soap on the air.

It's down 61,000 from last year.....

I am not surprised. I know a lot of fans have been upset with these story lines and I really don't blame them even though I still watch. I know that a lot of posters are gone from here and they have said that they don't watch any more. And I have noticed that there are a lot of new posters in place of the ones who have left. So the fact that it's down from last year really tells the story. Fans are really upset, but I will keep watching until it goes off the air.

I refuse to watch, Trixie~but I come to this board to find out what's going on in hopes that things will change. I stopped watching when they teased us with a Nick and Sharon reunion, only to have Summer get sick and Sharon, being the altruistic person she is, gave up the love of her life.
Then, when Adam took her baby, that was it for me. It seems that this show gets darker and darker and more and more demented every week...and now she's going to marry this psycho....not something I want to watch!!!!

I understand how you feel and I know other feel the same way and I'm sure that this is why the numbers are down this year but IlovNY, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I know how sick these writers can be but I guess that I am addicted to the show and can't stop watching. And if you don't want to watch, that's ok. I'm sure some day, I won't have a choice and will not be able to watch because it will no longer be on. But I do know one thing, if I do watch something else it will not be a soap. Y&R will be the last soap that I watch because I don't want to be hooked on a soap again.

Memory24

Postby Memory24 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Puddycat...I already posted these.

If you look at the days.....Monday got a 3.9

Tuesday got a 3.8 and Wednesday got a 3.8....the rest of the week got a 3.5.

The ratings went up because Nick caught Sharon with Adam. They had the cliff hanger the Friday before. Tuesday Nick punched Adam. Wednesday....Adam told Sharon he liked her because of her. Then it fell off the rest of the week.

I am waiting for the Ratings for last week. Those should be a good indicator.

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Quote Memory24: Puddycat...I already posted these.

The ratings went up because Nick caught Sharon with Adam. They had the cliff hanger the Friday before. Tuesday Nick punched Adam. Wednesday....Adam told Sharon he liked her because of her. Then it fell off the rest of the week.

Hi Mem - - didn't see this on the 25th - - just got back into town. Actually I posted this on the 23rd and never saw your post, but that's okay. Hope you had a great Christmas.

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Quote trixie60:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote trixie60:
Quote ILuvNY:
Quote trixie60:
Quote ilovemedanes:
Quote trixie60: Merry Christmas Danes and Puddy and happy new year. Hope that you both had a nice Christmas.

I'm surprised that the ratings on Y&R are so high. With everyone upset over Adam and what he's done to Sharon and all the other s/l's that most viewers don't like. I really didn't think that Y&R would be in the top spot but I guess there are some die hard Y&R fans who watch no matter what and I do agree that it's the best soap on the air.

It's down 61,000 from last year.....

I am not surprised. I know a lot of fans have been upset with these story lines and I really don't blame them even though I still watch. I know that a lot of posters are gone from here and they have said that they don't watch any more. And I have noticed that there are a lot of new posters in place of the ones who have left. So the fact that it's down from last year really tells the story. Fans are really upset, but I will keep watching until it goes off the air.

I refuse to watch, Trixie~but I come to this board to find out what's going on in hopes that things will change. I stopped watching when they teased us with a Nick and Sharon reunion, only to have Summer get sick and Sharon, being the altruistic person she is, gave up the love of her life.
Then, when Adam took her baby, that was it for me. It seems that this show gets darker and darker and more and more demented every week...and now she's going to marry this psycho....not something I want to watch!!!!

I understand how you feel and I know other feel the same way and I'm sure that this is why the numbers are down this year but IlovNY, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I know how sick these writers can be but I guess that I am addicted to the show and can't stop watching. And if you don't want to watch, that's ok. I'm sure some day, I won't have a choice and will not be able to watch because it will no longer be on. But I do know one thing, if I do watch something else it will not be a soap. Y&R will be the last soap that I watch because I don't want to be hooked on a soap again.

Hi Trixie! I agree completely with what you are saying. I have been watching this soap for many, many years. It is the only soap I have ever take time to sit down and watch/and or tape. There are storylines I do not like, there are characters that I like more than others, but don't hate any of them. To me, it is just a soap that has been enjoyable to me, no matter what they write.

I know how many people feel about the writers and some of the characters and I know that many no longer watch.

I am a die hard fan and will keep watching until it is no longer available. There are so many characters that have been on "since forever" that I would certainly miss, but until that day comes - - they have my full attention.

Hope you had a great Christmas, Trix, and am glad you and "dames" got back together! :)

TiggerLee

Postby TiggerLee » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:30 pm

What I dont understand is when former fans sound off on this forum about their desire to see the show canceled! Isn't that kind of selfish and spiteful? With over 100 alternate channels to watch, they want to deprive us of our 5 hours a week of guilty pleasure. Sure Y&R has seen stronger days, but if obviously enough people still find it enjoyable enough to keep it profitable, and hence, in no danger of cancellation.

Gramma2five

Postby Gramma2five » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 pm

Quote trixie60:
Quote ilovemedanes:

Just wanted to respond to your post, I am a 30= yr viewer, and I am totally disgusted with the Adam/Sharon story, but I do still like some of the stories going on. I watch too in hopes that Adam gets caught or is murdered and a who done it (because there could be a few) story will happen. I have bee watching for too long to give up on my favorite soap, but like many I am very disgusted with Adam, and how stupid they are writing Sharon and Ashley.

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Quote Gramma2five:
Quote trixie60:
Quote ilovemedanes:

Just wanted to respond to your post, I am a 30= yr viewer, and I am totally disgusted with the Adam/Sharon story, but I do still like some of the stories going on. I watch too in hopes that Adam gets caught or is murdered and a who done it (because there could be a few) story will happen. I have bee watching for too long to give up on my favorite soap, but like many I am very disgusted with Adam, and how stupid they are writing Sharon and Ashley.

That's pretty much what I was saying - -there are storylines now and storylines in the past that I have not cared for too much, but just saying, I still love to watch it - - and will until it is no longer available to watch - -whatever that time may be. No harm in saying that! :)

Memory24

Postby Memory24 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Quote puddycat:
Quote Memory24: Puddycat...I already posted these.

Hi Mem - - didn't see this on the 25th - - just got back into town. Actually I posted this on the 23rd and never saw your post, but that's okay. Hope you had a great Christmas.

Oh no problem.... ;)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”