African American soap opera actress dies

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Valinator1

African American soap opera actress dies

Postby Valinator1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:27 pm

My dad said he heard some African American soap opera actress died today or yesterday. Does anyone know who it is?

lightandday

Re: African American soap opera actress dies

Postby lightandday » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Quote Valinator1: My dad said he heard some African American soap opera actress died today or yesterday. Does anyone know who it is?

She was a Primetime Soap Actress, Alaina Reed Hall was best known for her roles as Olivia, Gordon's kid sister, on the long-running children's television series, "Sesame Street," and as Rose Lee Holloway on the NBC sitcom, "227."

Lanealways

Postby Lanealways » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks light and day, I did see that in the news yesterday. Very sad ;(

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Quote lightandday: [quote]Quote Valinator1: My dad said he heard some African American soap opera actress died today or yesterday. Does anyone know who it is?

She was a Primetime Soap Actress, Alaina Reed Hall was best known for her roles as Olivia, Gordon's kid sister, on the long-running children's television series, "Sesame Street," and as Rose Lee Holloway on the NBC sitcom, "227."[/quote]

I remember her! That's very sad.

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Quote lightandday:
Quote Valinator1: My dad said he heard some African American soap opera actress died today or yesterday. Does anyone know who it is?

She was a Primetime Soap Actress, Alaina Reed Hall was best known for her roles as Olivia, Gordon's kid sister, on the long-running children's television series, "Sesame Street," and as Rose Lee Holloway on the NBC sitcom, "227."

OH NO, I'm so sorry to hear that loved her on ROOM 227 her character was always smiling! my heart & prayers go out to her family & friends. She will be missed. Thanks for the info!

casper402032

Postby casper402032 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:03 am

I hate hearing that too! I remember her on 227 with Marla Gibbs, Jacke' and Pearl the old meddling woman who was always in the window where Rose was the landlord of the apt they lived in. They don't make sitcoms like that anymore!! They were fun to watch on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night!! May God Bless her family in her passing!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”