Sullen, Belligerent Abby

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
MommyofMaggie

Sullen, Belligerent Abby

Postby MommyofMaggie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Can't the writers find something different to do with teenagers? We've been thru this recently with Eden and Noah; had to endure it in the past with Victoria, Nick, JT, Mac (well maybe not her, the original boring Goody Two-Shoes), and before them Lauren, Tracey, Paul, ... ad nauseam. Kevin seems permanently mired in rebellious teenage petulance; and as for Billy(??!!), we get it, we get it: he's NEVER growing up!

It's boring, and it is particularly repellent on Abby. Granted, she's presumably grieving the losses of her sister and assorted fathers, but can't the writers find a different way for her to show this than endless pouting, spouting, and stomping?? Why not have her go off on her thoroughbread and break her neck or really flunk out of school or commit a serious crime?? Anything but her current schtick!

Part of the problem is that the actress who plays Abby isn't very good. She doesn't have the best look and her dramatic range is, to be charitable, limited.

It was so nice to see Noah being the happy voice of reason with Eden recently and as a big brother to Summer at Thanksgiving. The actors who play Noah and Eden have lovely smiles and seem capable of handling real acting. I hope the writers will have something interesting for them to do in the future.

As for Abby, I hope Ashley will send her off to boarding school in Switzerland or to a juvenile delinquent boot camp till she can get her act together (and till the show gets a better actress to play her!).

casper402032

Re: Sullen, Belligerent Abby

Postby casper402032 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:35 pm

I can dang near tell what Abby's attitude is leading up to. . .she is going to make Ashley really angry to the point where HAND MEETS FACE! Oh yeah, Ashley is going to put a smacking on little Abby's cheek that will have her running out of the room crying "I Hate You"!! Of course Ashley is going to feel just terrible and instead of grabbing Abby (wherever) and telling her "Now go to your room and don't come out until I tell you to! and give me that cell phone right now or the other cheek will look like a twin." will mope around about it!!

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Last year when Victor married Sabrina, Abby was so sweet at the wedding. Why is it when they age a child, he/she becomes a spoiled BRAT? Some really sweet children actually do turn out to be sweet teens as well. Guess TPTB figure Ashley hasn't had enough angst in her life during the past few months!

pink kiity

Postby pink kiity » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Abby needs a good kink in the you know ware shes is a spoil super super brat, >)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”